The glass half empty trend on here | Page 4 | Vital Football

The glass half empty trend on here

call it universal energy, or whatever you want this is a special season for Spurs. We shudda been out of CL in group stages, but somehow got thru. We shudda be out of top 4 running when Kane And Ali got injured, but somehow we ARE still 3rd. We shudda drawn first leg against Shity, but somehow we won. We shudda been knocked out in second leg, but now we got Ajax in semis.
Pattern evolving here, fate is backing us this year. Get stuffed with SHuDDA,We ARE, and we GONNA
cOYS

I have called out negative posters and been told not to get personal by the mods.

In a way, rightly so.

You see, your frame of mind is a consequence of all your life experiences and how it affects your processing of information, be it positive or negative.

Nobody has a right to advise someone how to think or be, as that someone is a completely different process centre to anyone else.

I too have been through many instances where positive energy has been used to heal and to obtain a desired result.

When it comes to Spurs, I as many others, get emotional and passionate, with a huge degree of expectation. Sometimes expectation to win and sometimes I expect us to cock it up when it counts the most, and then elated when we don’t.

A funny game is football. I wasn’t even that pissed off when we just lost to City in the league. Strange.

So please, don’t tell me how to be. I’m my own Spurs fan, and have been since 1978. I have my dreams, my Spurs dreams and memories.

I support them my way.

In a way, rightly so.

You see, your frame of mind is a consequence of all your life experiences and how it affects your processing of information, be it positive or negative.

Nobody has a right to advise someone how to think or be, as that someone is a completely different process centre to anyone else.

I too have been through many instances where positive energy has been used to heal and to obtain a desired result.

When it comes to Spurs, I as many others, get emotional and passionate, with a huge degree of expectation. Sometimes expectation to win and sometimes I expect us to cock it up when it counts the most, and then elated when we don’t.

A funny game is football. I wasn’t even that pissed off when we just lost to City in the league. Strange.

So please, don’t tell me how to be. I’m my own Spurs fan, and have been since 1978. I have my dreams, my Spurs dreams and memories.

I support them my way.
100% correct.

In a way, rightly so.

I support them my way.

I called out the thread as it suggested some posters are negative. When I said the same I got warned not to play the man. If I sense illogical or unfair criticism I try to evaluate why. If my conclusion is the poster is a miserable doomster who revels in failure I now keep it to myself.

Burnley, Palace and Everton have done us some massive favours! Admittedly I was feeling glass half empty with the stupid results against Burnley and Saints and felt we have been paying for those results ever since.

One game at a time now. Bring on Brighton. Our fans need to be the 12th man in a big way.

Oh... and another :banana: thanks Burnley!!:cheers:

Like I said Spesh, It's a funny old game isn't it. Cheers Burnley!.

We are however going to have to stand on our own two feet and take matters into our own hands if we want to finish 3rd or 4th. Other teams have help us, now its time for us to help ourselves.

COYS COYS COYS COYS COYS

Be interesting to see whether that book spoke about crowds and referees. As someone that has taken bias training in the workplace, I'm a strong believer that what we see often on the pitch with referees is in the area of unconscious bias. If one of our players is touched and the entire crowd goes mental like happens at the big clubs, the referee is perceived to more likely give the foul and even the yellow card. The other way round with a small away contingent may not happen. The referees don't even know they are expressing unconscious bias and being inconsistent. I see way too many examples of it.

As for positive and negative energy, you may well be right. When you think back through history, everything was unscientific until humans found a way to make it logical i.e. science. With some of this stuff that we call unscientific there is still a part of me that thinks that we just haven't found ways yet. I'm thinking that if these footballers believed in it, whether true of not, it will help their mentality. That outcome is surely the most important thing.
Glenn Hoddle had lots of ideas on positive energy . Didn’t it get him the sack ? Or have I got that that wrong . Irene somebody was involved.

Glenn Hoddle had lots of ideas on positive energy . Didn’t it get him the sack ? Or have I got that that wrong . Irene somebody was involved.

Actually, Irene didn't get him the sack, his infamous 'karma' interview made that happen - he made the stupid mistake of telling a journalist who'd won his confidence his philosophy on life/karma in respect of disabled people: it wa sthe height of stupidity and the press tore hima new one and the FA had no cghoice but to bin him.

It is one of his bitterest regrets. It pretty much mad ehim unemployable after that.

As for this thread, we all absolutely know that this place is for (respectfully) discussing / debating our views on the club, the management, the players, the results, the financial status, the future, transfers and just about anything else we can shoe-horn in.

Calling out wind-up merchants (and they've been many over the yeras) whose only purpose is to get a receation or simply be obnoxious has been a much bigger issue than it has recently.

Views change, sometimes you get right, sometimes you don't.

Then mods job here for a good long while was to try and stop threads getting too personal and trying to head off vendetta's before they go to far - if they didn't then this place soon becomes very disrespectful and degenerates to a mob mentality.

But the one thing we all know is it doesn't affect the players (although you might be surprised how often club employees as well as player agents and employees test the waters in these sites).

Come match day, unless you're a wind-up troll, we're all supporting our team 100% - but apart from that, let the opinions roll.

On a general note, how any life long supporter can be moaning about the club now, is hard to fathom; we've come a very long way in recent years, and my only upset recently is when I felt our managers behaviour wiothe press / attention was less than the standards he'd previously set himself.

As for this thread, we all absolutely know that this place is for (respectfully) discussing / debating our views on the club, the management, the players, the results, the financial status, the future, transfers and just about anything else we can shoe-horn in.

Calling out wind-up merchants (and they've been many over the yeras) whose only purpose is to get a receation or simply be obnoxious has been a much bigger issue than it has recently.

Then mods job here for a good long while was to try and stop threads getting too personal and trying to head off vendetta's before they go to far - if they didn't then this place soon becomes very disrespectful and degenerates to a mob mentality.

But the one thing we all know is it doesn't affect the players (although you might be surprised how often club employees as well as player agents and employees test the waters in these sites).

Come match day, unless you're a wind-up troll, we're all supporting our team 100% - but apart from that, let the opinions roll.

On a general note, how any life long supporter can be moaning about the club now, is hard to fathom; we've come a very long way in recent years, and my only upset recently is when I felt our managers behaviour wiothe press / attention was less than the standards he'd previously set himself.

I always think about what a "lifelong Spurs fan" has encountered over multiple decades and therefore understand the perceived negativity at times. I could forgive any long term Spurs fan for only being cautiously optimistic about where we are as a club at this stage. For me, moaning is perfectly acceptable. The quid-pro-quo of being a Spurs fan is NOT Levy becomes billionaire, Spurs fans get a new stadium. The quid-pro-quo is Levy becomes a billionaire AND Spurs win TROPHIES in their new stadium. Up until then, moaning about firing blanks in transfer windows and sub-standard players is probably fair. Most of the time, it is objective commentary from posters on VS.

I'd love to be a 10 year old now and only know this current period and that brand spanking new stadium though. I was 8 years old when we won the cup in 1981. I then saw us win it back to back plus the Anderlecht win. As an 11 year old, life was more fun than it's ever been since as a Spurs fan. This recent 5 year period has also been great in its own way, but no trophies.

I'm way more optimistic for today's 10 year old though and hopefully long term fans can have more things to celebrate. Winning the CL is not a crazy dream either. Spurs vs Ajax is 50:50. Liverpool vs Barca is 50:50. We get ourselves into a position of a one off game in the final, anything can happen.

If you were offered 3rd in the PL and CL semi at the start of the season would you take it. That means no trophies.

In a heartbeat.

It's all about establishing ourselves as a CL club. Did you by any chance listen to Mido this morning on talksport; as a player/ex-player he made it clear (as if we needed it to be made clear) top player/potential top players are only interested in joining CL; then of course comes how much you're prepared to pay....then it's if it was part of the childhood 'dream' and then of course they can't wait to play with the best around etc and then of course it's 'they've always wanted to play for (fill in blank here)' - until of course they don't...

In a heartbeat.

It's all about establishing ourselves as a CL club. Did you by any chance listen to Mido this morning on talksport; as a player/ex-player he made it clear (as if we needed it to be made clear) top player/potential top players are only interested in joining CL; then of course comes how much you're prepared to pay....then it's if it was part of the childhood 'dream' and then of course they can't wait to play with the best around etc and then of course it's 'they've always wanted to play for (fill in blank here)' - until of course they don't...

Yes same here. I think we have done amazing with so many obstacles in our way. World Cup, no signings and injuries. I did here Mido, quite an interesting listen even if truncated by adverts every 5 minutes .

I’ve been a supporter and a fanatic of this club since my first game in 1958.
I’ve been all over Europe and to every first division ground (until the PL started ) and a lot more , such as standing under the corrugated tin roofs at Blackpool that leaked like a sieve . I’ve seen the highs of the sixties and all the lows of the eighties and nineties .
The growth of the club in the last ten years is astronomical on and off the pitch . It’s very rare that you will find me moaning about anything concerned with Tottenham unless we do stupid things like going two transfer windows without strengthening the team or throwing away ten point advantages to the goons .

Yes same here. I think we have done amazing with so many obstacles in our way. World Cup, no signings and injuries. I did here Mido, quite an interesting listen even if truncated by adverts every 5 minutes .

I liked his talk about Berbatov. JOL didn't rate him so begged Mido to come back. When he did Berba just went up the gears and ended Mido's career. :LOL: