Tranmere Rovers (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them? | Vital Football

Tranmere Rovers (h): What 3 Things Do We Need To Do To Beat Them?

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
What 3 things do The Imps need to do to pick up all three points on Monday afternoon?

Minimum of 150 words required!

1) Play like we're the home team. I think Tranmere will be coming here to attack us and we have a tendency to sit back after the first 10 when teams do that. We need to go toe-to-toe with them and ensure we don't allow them to build pressure.

2) With respect to the point above - press, press, press! We haven't used this tactic as much as in the Conference, but it's now time to wheel it out and ensure we compete - and win - in the midfield. This game is likely to be won/lost in that area of the pitch.

3) Use our subs wisely. Carlisle will have taken a lot out of the players. Today is going to be hot - 21C forecast at kick-off - and it will feel hotter in the sun. The game is likely to become stretched in the last 25 - 30 minutes and we're going to need fresh legs to cope with that.

1) Play like we're the home team. I think Tranmere will be coming here to attack us and we have a tendency to sit back after the first 10 when teams do that. We need to go toe-to-toe with them and ensure we don't allow them to build pressure.

2) With respect to the point above - press, press, press! We haven't used this tactic as much as in the Conference, but it's now time to wheel it out and ensure we compete - and win - in the midfield. This game is likely to be won/lost in that area of the pitch.

3) Use our subs wisely. Carlisle will have taken a lot out of the players. Today is going to be hot - 21C forecast at kick-off - and it will feel hotter in the sun. The game is likely to become stretched in the last 25 - 30 minutes and we're going to need fresh legs to cope with that.

There was me thinking I'd published my last article of the day so I could get ready to go to the pub, then you posted this!

:lol::lol: