Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Women's Football (World Cups, WSL, Villa, the lot)

That's probably the best post so far. It is about equality of opportunity. Don't think I'd get the same buzz seeing the girls lift the Premier League trophy, but it would still be good.

I agree. I won’t get the same buzz seeing academy teams winning titles and cups but it’s still great to see Aston Villa doing well at any level male or female. And just like the young players deserve their opportunity to play for Villa, the women do too.

How long before the Government make clubs pay women equal wages and kill the women's game dead?.
Surely if the men and women's teams are equal ie both in the second tier of their game they should get equal money

I work in what was a male dominated industry. Then In came the pc brigade saying that there weren’t enough females doing these jobs. Fast forward some years and it’s rammed down our throats on social media every day about women in the industry and how we need more and more.
The industry I work in is a very technical one hence why it was so male dominated. Women generally are not into taking mechanical things apart and putting them back together. But due to this constant pc bullshit of pushing women forward for jobs I’m now in an industry where professional knowledge is at it’s lowest and is full of pushy women salespeople who know sweet fa about the product they are selling.
Also it has had an adverse affect on salaries with women prepared to work for lower amounts as in a lot of cases theirs is a second income in the household.
I’m all for the best person being selected for the job but due to pc it’s becoming ridiculous.

I actually have no idea how this is relevant to the thread.

How long before the Government make clubs pay women equal wages and kill the women's game dead?.
Surely if the men and women's teams are equal ie both in the second tier of their game they should get equal money

This could never happen. Does Busquets get the same as Messi? Probably nowhere near but they do the same job, play football. Ones contribution (On and off the pitch) is more important than the other and therefore gets paid more. This is another thing that needs time, like I said before the mens game has been going for well over a century and has developed to what we see today with regards to everything including wages. The womens game in comparison is practically brand new and has a lot of catching up to do, in time with more investment they will get paid more and the quality will improve too. It might never be as good as the men’s game is always changing but it will be good in its own right.

If the womans game filled Villa park with paying cutomers and their game generated the same in TV money and sposership etc i have no doubt they would be a lot closer to men in terms of wages. However thats not going to happen. I love football and especially Aston Villa, however footballers are a different matter. Baring a few most do not care who they play for as long as they are well paid? Its wrong 80 or 90 % of a clubs income goes to agents and players in salary. Its not why i pay my 30 or 40 quid to watch the game ( rant over, sorry for the thread drift )

Can't agree. Can't have it all ways lads they are either equal or they are not? If the BBC give womens football headline news which they do they should be paid the average of the clubs men's team. If the Villa men average 20k a week why shouldn't the women representing the same club get the same
Then we'd see how many clubs wanted a ladies team. At the Moment it's no more than free brand advertising and a token gesture.

Players earn differing amounts, so that would be impossible. The guys would have to take a drop in salary.....which wouldn't be a bad thing IMHO.

Steady lads, my original question relating to Aston Villa ladies team has got f**k all to do with feminist desire to dismantle the patriarchy. It's about whether the club should further embrace the female game to it's own benefit.

Nobody's suggesting that the male and female game are equal in any way other than ensuring both men and women having the opportunity to compete at the highest level for Aston Villa. The rise of the female game should only be of benefit shouldn't it. The life blood of any club is its supporters, whatever their race or gender.

As regards sexual politics in general, whatever we may think individually, the millenials and the current generation are developing very different views to those of our generations. As Bob Dylan said, The Times They Are A Changin'.

Players earn differing amounts, so that would be impossible. The guys would have to take a drop in salary.....which wouldn't be a bad thing IMHO.

It would mean no women's football in the brand names of the big clubs if they had to pay equal money to an average of what they pay the men :grinning:

The game is on the rise, money is going up, it's gone from largely amateur to mostly professional now (if not 100% by now).

Crowds are improving, there's clearly a market and I far more enjoy watching the England lasses than the men and technically there's been plenty of improvement in quality as well. Anybody who watched some of the last World Cup could not argue that in general the talent was clearly there. Yes, there are some differences that will always remain naturally.

But the men's game is full of differences as well.

Most of the stands here speak for themselves but largely miss the point I think.

Money - if we're talking parity, are we dismissing traditional clubs based on stadium attendance? Players, why isn't someone in L2 earning the same as players in the Prem?

It's a pointless stick to beat with. It's an improving and developing game but by some of the logic on display here, we should shut the Academy owing to supporter numbers, it misses the bigger picture and point.

I’m yet to see a male pundit where I think wow you’ve really contributed in an innovative way.

It’s a game.

How innovative can punditry get?

Anything is better than the magnolia shite served up by most pundits turn out. Fearful of upsetting their former team mates or the big stars in case they can't count them as their 'mate' on twatter.

It's boring . Be controversial and stop kissing the arses of the usual suspects.

Anything is better than the magnolia shite served up by most pundits turn out. Fearful of upsetting their former team mates or the big stars in case they can't count them as their 'mate' on twatter.

It's boring . Be controversial and stop kissing the arses of the usual suspects.
To be clear I was making this point in response to the comment that you were yet to hear a female pundit make an innovative comment.

I’m making the point that I don’t know how innovative punditry can be whether it’s a male or female.

As has been pointed out by MIke argument had been done before (to death).

We've had the pundit debate before, there's good and bad and gender doesn't come into it.

But lately it’s like there has to be a woman pundit regardless. Like you said Mike there are good and bad in both sexes but to put them there just because they are female is pc gone mad.