MoN OUT | Page 19 | Vital Football

MoN OUT

Out of interest does anyone know when we last won 4 on the trot ?
We seem to excel at dog shit runs but i can't remember being smug for more than a fortnight.

The team doesn’t need O Neill’s mark on it. It needs to travel back in time 4 months. He talks as if the squad needed overhauling - we were 1 point off play offs when he joined and competing with the best teams in the division. He’s taken us massively backwards.

He’s ruined our style, he’s not played our best 11 the whole time he’s been here, he’s destroyed our form and he’s turned a really promising season into a depressing disaster.

Zero chance he’ll get us promoted.

If there’s one thing this team doesn’t need it’s any more of O Neill’s stamp on it.

We’ve seen what his ‘stamp’ means: bad football, weird team selections, virtually every player dipping in form, bad results, a plunge down the table, falling crowds and the obliteration of the best feel good factor we’ve had for years.

I just can’t believe we self-harmed in this totally avoidable way

If there’s one thing this team doesn’t need it’s any more of O Neill’s stamp on it.

We’ve seen what his ‘stamp’ means: bad football, weird team selections, virtually every player dipping in form, bad results, a plunge down the table, falling crowds and the obliteration of the best feel good factor we’ve had for years.

I just can’t believe we self-harmed in this totally avoidable way
Falling crowds?

We have had about 8 sell outs in a row and have sold more season tickets at this stage than ever before. What on earth are you talking about?

Falling crowds?

We have had about 8 sell outs in a row and have sold more season tickets at this stage than ever before. What on earth are you talking about?

Yeah ok but sales are slowing and I can guarantee there won’t be sell outs for the last couple of games. Great support I agree but the feel good factor has gone pop

While I agree things have been pretty awful recently, I would still want to see MON given time to bring in his own players. I still believe he would have us challenging next season, if he was. I have sympathy with the fact that this is not his squad and let’s face it, it is largely crap. I liked AK, but he did saddle us with a lot of very average players.
Next season, as a minimum to mount a challenge, we would need both a right and left back, at least one centre back, two central midfielders, a winger and a striker. Many would also say a goalkeeper, but I don’t think we can afford one of them as well. Then we need to get rid of a whole host of players.
If we bring in a new manager, we won’t have time to rebuild in that way, the new guy will want to access current squad yet again, and we can write off next season.
We never learn, chop and change every season, re build after re build. It doesn’t work. He’s had a few months working with a very poor squad in my opinion. Give him some time for a change.

I'd find it hard to criticise Martin. I know things are shit, but I have too much respect for him as an ex-player, manager and a person. :unsure:

If it was anyone else, I'd be seething. :mad:

While I agree things have been pretty awful recently, I would still want to see MON given time to bring in his own players. I still believe he would have us challenging next season, if he was. I have sympathy with the fact that this is not his squad and let’s face it, it is largely crap. I liked AK, but he did saddle us with a lot of very average players.
Next season, as a minimum to mount a challenge, we would need both a right and left back, at least one centre back, two central midfielders, a winger and a striker. Many would also say a goalkeeper, but I don’t think we can afford one of them as well. Then we need to get rid of a whole host of players.
If we bring in a new manager, we won’t have time to rebuild in that way, the new guy will want to access current squad yet again, and we can write off next season.
We never learn, chop and change every season, re build after re build. It doesn’t work. He’s had a few months working with a very poor squad in my opinion. Give him some time for a change.
AK had this squad one point off playoffs and very hard to beat. O’Neill has dismantled it, and made us very easy to beat, whilst playing shit football. It makes me shudder to think that he has the summer to get his type of players in.

AK had this squad one point off playoffs and very hard to beat. O’Neill has dismantled it, and made us very easy to beat, whilst playing shit football. It makes me shudder to think that he has the summer to get his type of players in.

So you think this squad capable of winning promotion then Mappred? Because I think very few of this squad are. Of the players AK brought in, Lolley, Grabban and Carvhalo are worth keeping, possibly a fit Dawson and Geddy as squad players.

To me though that is the reason he has to go. We should never have brought in a manager so diametrically opposed to the strengths of the squad we had.
This would have been perfect for a SOD or Hart type of appointment, someone to get the best out of the squad we have already assmbled.
Mon brings nothing in terms of development of players from what I can see. Instead it comes down to stop and start again in a new direction.
To me we were going the right way but this leaves us with no choice but to jettison players who I believe would have gelled into a promotion side next year.
Mon has devalued the club assets and we risk an exodus of the best players as a result.
I always call for stability and time to build but this time he has already shown he is demolishing not building. He has condemned a perfectly good structure and I don't trust him to replace it with anything but shanty built shit house of a replacement.
The club needs to act quickly before we see the rise of Megson mk II. And all that went with that. (In my opinion)

I'll give you a prediction of what happens when they sack MON at the end of the season.
1. We spend weeks/months appointing a new one.
2. Listen to all the crap about patience and long term vision, knowing it will all go out the window within a couple of months.
3. New boss wants time to access current squad.
4. Pre season starts with virtually no new players in yet, and hardly any of the dross having left yet.
5. Everyone on here, calling for MON head, starts moaning about lack of signings and progress. Despite knowing that this would be the case.
6. Last minute, over priced, average players finally arrive, but need time to gel, as haven't had a full pre season.
7. Everyone moaning because of lack of planning, forgetting they all called for it in the first place.

How do we know this? Because it's the same every fucking year......