Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

Did someone say this was an experienced ref from the Championship? REALLY? He's really letting the game flow and the game clearly isn't about him is it? I really hope DC gets their head together at HT and they take Carlisle apart second half. Their striker Hope is looking for FKs and penalties. Their CH Gerrard looks overweight and slow. Maybe DC should pit Akinde on him for the whole of the second half as I'm sure there's a mistake or three in him.

So what changes would you make for the 2nd half?

Personally I would change Akinda for Rhead, Rhead is able to hold the ball better when he is given it.

Did someone say this was an experienced ref from the Championship? REALLY? He's really letting the game flow and the game clearly isn't about him is it? I really hope DC gets their head together at HT and they take Carlisle apart second half. Their striker Hope is looking for FKs and penalties. Their CH Gerrard looks overweight and slow. Maybe DC should pit Akinde on him for the whole of the second half as I'm sure there's a mistake or three in him.

Thought he was Prem league ref?

Just looking towards next season, as it stands Bolton being relegated to League 1 today and Scunthorpe have dropped into the relegation zone. Might not have any Lincs Derbys next year at this rate

I'm having an interesting afternoon. I forsook my ifollow account for a stream with Carlisle's ifollow which has the Radio Cumbria commentary.

Most of the posters here would be hyper-ventilating listening to it.

The commentator is very good at describing play and the ex pro alongside (Chris Lumsden) is pretty fair, however when the commentator editorialises....

Every time a City player has been fouled he's play acting and trying to get the Carlisle man booked. I don't think we've been on the receiving end of one where that hasn't been the case. Even when McCartan was kicked to Gretna by Gerrard.

The Cowleys are "very non league" in their attitude and approach, "a bit like Mourinho was at Chelsea" if you can make sense of that juxtaposition of contradictory thoughts.

And City are going to need two new centre halves in League One. Shackle is "a centre half who thinks he's better on the ball than he is" and "Bostwick will get caught out"

I have never wanted us to win a game more this season.

I'm having an interesting afternoon. I forsook my ifollow account for a stream with Carlisle's ifollow which has the Radio Cumbria commentary.

Most of the posters here would be hyper-ventilating listening to it.

The commentator is very good at describing play and the ex pro alongside (Chris Lumsden) is pretty fair, however when the commentator editorialises....

Every time a City player has been fouled he's play acting and trying to get the Carlisle man booked. I don't think we've been on the receiving end of one where that hasn't been the case. Even when McCartan was kicked to Gretna by Gerrard.

The Cowleys are "very non league" in their attitude and approach, "a bit like Mourinho was at Chelsea" if you can make sense of that juxtaposition of contradictory thoughts.

And City are going to need two new centre halves in League One. Shackle is "a centre half who thinks he's better on the ball than he is" and "Bostwick will get caught out"

I have never wanted us to win a game more this season.
Doesnt sound too dissimilar to Horton in reverse

Looks like there are 2 kinds of prem league refs... the decent ones, and the ones that ref league 2 games...
To be fair, Atwell was very good in the home match v MK Dons; however, with Dean it was all about him and this one sounds like he's trying to make Huxtable look competent.

Personally I would change Akinda for Rhead, Rhead is able to hold the ball better when he is given it.
There lies the rub - you've got to get it Rhead in the first place, his lack of mobility becomes a problem when a man short and needing an outlet. Rheady will only be on if we need to eat up time late on.

Personally I would change Akinde for Rhead, Rhead is able to hold the ball better when he is given it.

On the other hand with being a man short we need someone on who's a bit more mobile than Rhead.

Considering Andrade hasn't been fully fit recently I'd imagine Rowe might replace him at some point. Otherwise, wait and see how things go.