Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Carlisle United v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"Away performances have been quite a contrast to those at home in 2019.":

Three things The Imps need to do pick up all three points.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...en-quite-a-contrast-to-those-at-home-in-2019/

Carlisle United v Lincoln City - Experienced Premier League Referee Appointed:

Information about today's Match Officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...experienced-premier-league-referee-appointed/

DC: "I've taken over the travel arrangements.":

Summary of Wednesday's Press Conference with Danny Cowley.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/dc-ive-taken-over-the-travel-arrangements/

Match Preview: Carlisle United v Lincoln City:

As the title suggests!

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/match-preview-carlisle-united-v-lincoln-city/

"Some think he's chucked a genuine promotion chance, others think he was on a hiding to nothing when our 3 best players (Sowerby, Nadesan and Yates) returned to their parent clubs during January. He deserves a chance to craft his own squad, as he's clearly not happy with some aspects (Fitness has been mentioned), but others want a clean slate."

The first set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...d-as-hes-clearly-not-happy-with-some-aspects/

The second set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...-not-happy-with-some-aspects/2/#gallery-slide

Carlisle United (a): Goals, Scoring Run, Unbeaten Run & More:

Ahead of today's match against Carlisle United in Sky Bet League Two, Scotimp has posted a number of things to look out for!

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/carlisle-united-a-goals-scoring-run-unbeaten-run-more/

Here are today's permutations:

WIN: champions
DRAW: champions provided Bury and Mansfield fail to win
DEFEAT: champions provided Bury lose, and Mansfield and MK Dons fail to win

DLWLDW Carlisle v Lincoln DWWDWW
WWWDLW Mansfield v Morecambe WWLdLD
WLWWdd Newport v Bury WWDWdL
WLddLD Notts County v MK Dons WWWLWL

Goals

** Harry Anderson needs three goals to reach double figures for the season. Harry has now gone 17 games without a goal, so well overdue.

** John Akinde needs two to reach double figures from open play, and one penalty to reach double figures from the spot.

** Akinde also needs three more to become the 36th City player to score 20 in a season; it would be the 44th time any City player has reached that milestone.

** Matt Rhead still requires one more for that elusive 50th goal. That also seems overdue - he hasn't scored in 18 games, although many of those were late cameos from the bench. He will become only the 27th City player to reach 50.

** The only current outfield players who have yet to score this season are James Brown, Jordan Roberts and Lee Angol.

** We have scored 90 goals; can we hit the magic 100 for the second season in three?

Scoring Run

** We have now scored in 31 successive games, 26 in the league. The last time City failed to score in a game was away at Colchester in October. That is our best scoring run in the league since 1951-52.
31: 1936-37, 1951-52
27: 1931-32
26: 2018-19

Unbeaten Run

** City are unbeaten in 19 Football League games, which is a new club record.

The record unbeaten league run in any season stands at 23 in the Central League championship season of 1911-12. If City remain unbeaten to the end of this season, they will have equalled it.

Away Wins

** City have won 12 league games away from home this season.

a) The club record for away wins in a Football League season is currently 12, set in 1947-48 and of course this season. A win at Carlisle will therefore set a new club record for away wins in a Football League season.

b) The club record for away wins in any league season is currently 13, set in 1908-09 (Midland League) and 2016-17 (National League). Therefore a win at Carlisle will equal the club record for away wins in any league season.

Away Points

** City have won 42 points away from home this season.

a) That is a new club record for points away from home in a Football League season, beating the theoretical totals from 1975-76 and 1947-48 (equivalent to 41 under the present three points for a win system).

b) The club record for points away from home in any league season is 44, set in the National League in 2016-17. Therefore a win at Carlisle will set a new club record for points won away from home in any league season.

This is dangerous, but I have just seen the pre-match comments about us from Steven Pressley, which look seriously, out of touch, apart from sounding like every other manager last season - "big, strong physical, well,organised, good at set plays" . You can see why Carlisle have fallen off the pace since he took over and have won only one of their last six. If this the way he thinks, and sets is team up to play, we should hopefully find a way around them. UTI ???

Bit conflicted today. Can't get up north but will be at the Bank Monday and Newport on Saturday. Would be great to be there when we win the title but in all honesty let's just get over the line with a win today. Will make the last 3 games party time

Morning all .
I wish everyone a safe journey and a great day out today.
Would have loved to be there today but I went to MK dons and despite frenzied calculations I could not find the necessary funds for today..
I have a good feeling though that we will indeed win today and put the title to bed.
It is amazing how a team who, apparently, can't play decent football, don't have the best players or managers can win the league.
Where have we gone wrong?

Morning. Decided only 3 days after hernia op I am too bloody sore to go today. So will be following on here. Be at the Bank Monday though. UTI

Morning. Decided only 3 days after hernia op I am too bloody sore to go today. So will be following on here. Be at the Bank Monday though. UTI

I feel for you mate - whipped into hospital on Sunday and had appendix out Monday morning, just as it ruptured. Got out of hospital yesterday after delayed by infection so feeling a bit delicate myself. Hope you feel better soon - today will help if we win. UTI.

I feel for you mate - whipped into hospital on Sunday and had appendix out Monday morning, just as it ruptured. Got out of hospital yesterday after delayed by infection so feeling a bit delicate myself. Hope you feel better soon - today will help if we win. UTI.
Sounds like good timing for you. All the best. At least the sun's out here and I'm in the garden with painkillers, coffee and internet. I'll be flying if we win today, I might even stand up.

Get well soon to you too! Hopefully the game today will make you feel better. UTI

Ohhh I've had that but ended up in hospital for a whole week after. Guess surgery has improved since mine was cut out....