For Those Who Have Booked Up Sunderland Away... | Vital Football

For Those Who Have Booked Up Sunderland Away...

Trev_GFC

Vital 1st Team Regular
...Middlesbrough and Newcastle are still in the hat. Knowing our luck we’ll get them and it’ll be moved to Sunday evening.

It happened to me several years ago when we were due to play a league game at the (then) new Stadium of Light. I had gone OTT and bought two return flights from Gatwick to Newcastle and also booked a hotel stay. Then the game was cancelled, as Sunderland got into the late stages of the FA Cup. I spent a nice (not) weekend shopping in Gateshead.

I made sure not to make any arrangements this time round, though I didn`t think it would be us, rather than Sunderland, in the 4th Round ! UTG`s...

Bollocks. Had planned to go to the original fixture. Could have actually gone as it's half term but will be in Madeira.

Oh well, first world problems eh?

Home crowd for Sunderland v Gills likely to be 30,000+ but, only 48 Gills` tickets sold for the (re-arranged) game at the Stadium of Light !
48 megaphones might come in handy !!!!

I will be there. Less than 2 hours drive from work (subject to traffic) which i've arranged to leave at 3.30 so works out well. Think my lad is taking time off and travelling up so that will be at least 2 more in the away end :Fingers:

I and my wife are going from Notts staying overnight. We'll meet up with my lad who's coming down from Dundee with several mates who fancy experiencing the Stadium of Light! So at the current rate our party will be 10% of the Gills turnout! :utv:

I and my wife are going from Notts staying overnight. We'll meet up with my lad who's coming down from Dundee with several mates who fancy experiencing the Stadium of Light! So at the current rate our party will be 10% of the Gills turnout! :utv:

I hope you won’t be waving West Ham scarves.