January moves? | Page 37 | Vital Football

January moves?

The Milosovic thing confuses me a bit - he is aparrently willing to come and free - so IF we think he is good enough what are we waiting for?

But IF we aren't sure he is good enough why are we looking at him?

If the Swedish league finished 2 months ago and he's been sitting at home waiting surely we had him identified while he was playing last season and this isnt a name we've only started looking at a week ago. So he could've been signed on a pre contract and training with us back in December ready to hit the ground running fully fit and used to his team mates.

I can understand when there are loads of options and fees involved and we are waiting for other clubs to buy replacements, we are trying to negotiate fees etc - but if this lad is good enough then surely we do the deal and concentrate on getting in other positions.

I have never seen the lad play but i just think we either rate him or we don't so get the deal done now if we do or dont even bother if we dont.

Agreed, imo im willing to take a punt on him now in truth and get him signed up before Forest game so he can be registered. The top teams in Sweden cant surely be much worse than teams in bottom third of Championship. He is part of title winning team, available on a free and not too pricey rrgarding wages. No brainer for me, offer contract till end of season with option of 2 year deal starting from summer if we stay up and he plays well.

The latest gossip from Alan Nixon and elsewhere - as always take with a pinch of salt.

Fox apparently keen to come if he can get a long term contract - I imagine that he would be looking for 2 and a half years. He will be 33 by the end of the season but we must know any player of that age will be looking for as long a deal as they can get, his wages apparently aren't that big thoughso i assume we aren't against giving him a deal like that if we are in for him. I've not seen enough to judge how much gas is left in the tank for him, he could be another DeZeeuw who was top draw until 35 / 36 or a Grant Holt who's legs completely went at 32/33. But obviously giving out any long term deals for a player getting to his age is a calculated risk.

Apparently Milosovic was offered a trail and intersted in coming but when he got word we'd been bidding for another centre half it put him off a bit.

The Cameron Vickers was an option to come on loan before injury meant he's guarenteed to start games for Swansea so he is staying there.

Grigg's injury not that serious apparently and hasn't put Sunderland off.

Flores going on loan to an Irish club.

Cook has been saying the window has not been going to plan so far as it's tough and he'd hoped we'd have done more than we have. Suggests we might not be able to get the right players he wants.

This is not on Twitter or a rumour - just a theory from me - but it wouldn't shock me if Dan Burn ended up coming back on loan again if we get desperate for bodies on deadline day and we haven't got anyone else in. I don't think that is the right move for him or us tbh but he's not even been on the Brighton bench most weeks so i can see them wanting him out getting games rather than sitting in the stands taking a wage.

"Cook has been saying the window hasn't been going to plan" - no shit but it's good to know we have a plan. Pity no one has cared to share it with us.

Maja from Sunderland to Bordeaux for up to 3.5m, same deal for Grigg who has more time on his contract would work ;)

Maja from Sunderland to Bordeaux for up to 3.5m, same deal for Grigg who has more time on his contract would work ;)

If Maja goes, then we should do what everyone does to us and double our valuation of Grigg and say he is available at that price and nothing less. Then we test their will.

"Cook has been saying the window hasn't been going to plan" - no shit but it's good to know we have a plan. Pity no one has cared to share it with us.

I think to be fair we all know the plan - sign as many good players as possible especially at left back, centre half and striker. But for whatever reason money / scouting / bad luck / bad planning etc we arent able to get them in.

Expect a busy deadline day.

Also if Sunderland coming into money that will seal the Grigg deal. We clearly are happy to cash in if the price is right and if they go anywhere near 700k to a mill i think he'll be offloaded - as our only sellable assets in a floundering and over crowded foward line so we can bring someone new in.

I think our problem with financing new signings is the fact we're simply overloaded with players who aren't in Cooks plans.
Cole and Walker coming back and adding to the wage bill obviously doesn't help.
Until we get some stability in the squad then we'll keep struggling.

According to newspaper reports we are asking £1 million for Grigg. This is cheap if you ask me for a proven striker that has scored 44 goals in his last two seasons in league one. Given that they are reported to be receiving 3.5 million for a young striker with less experience and goals. He only sored once in 17 appearances in the Championship last season and has 15 so far this season in league one. We should be looking for a least 2 million for Grigg.

beginning to think these new owners are skint...
“Beginning to think that”...I could told you that back when I read that circular. They’ve been funded by bank loans!

I think our problem with financing new signings is the fact we're simply overloaded with players who aren't in Cooks plans.
Cole and Walker coming back and adding to the wage bill obviously doesn't help.
Until we get some stability in the squad then we'll keep struggling.
Overloaded with players like Walker and Cole who aren’t in Cook’s plans. Remind me again which manager signed those players? Another pat on the back for our manager and recruitment team!

It’ll be 2017 all over again. Get ready for five deadline day signings. Couple of loanees, free transfer and we’ll overpay in desperation for some old waste of space with knackered legs and some L2 hot prospect with one good half season to his name. None of them will be at the club this time next year.