Former GFO Editor Dan Storey | Page 2 | Vital Football

Former GFO Editor Dan Storey

Was he known as Burham on Gills 365 ? I loved reading the tales from the toolshed. I am sure he explained his reasons for severing all ties with Gills if I was him I would be livid and if true (only heard one side but have no reason to doubt it) then I would have as well. He lived in Brighton so went and got a Brighton season ticket - I guess he has never looked back !

What were his reasons?

What were his reasons?

If I recall correctly he worked very hard on a new Gills book. At the point of going to print there was an issue between him and lets say someone at the club. I don't recall exactly but hypothetically it could have been about permissions to use of the club badge or similar. Having spent many hours researching the book which, no doubt would have been a great read for Gills fans he wasn't able to publish it. He pulped the manuscript, burnt all his Gills belongings and severed all ties. Never heard of again on Gills 365.

Of course this is just my recollection of his side of the story, I may have got it wrong and the other side of the story was never heard. We lost a life long fan and potentially a bloody good read though.

Can't believe the person you are talking about was Dox. Dox appeared to me to be a young and headstrong individual, with no sense of logic.

Can't believe the person you are talking about was Dox. Dox appeared to me to be a young and headstrong individual, with no sense of logic.

If you are referring to my post then he wasn't. We are talking about a very sensible and astute person who was very knowledgeable in the accounting/company reporting world as those who went to the old AGMs would testify to.

If you are referring to my post then he wasn't. We are talking about a very sensible and astute person who was very knowledgeable in the accounting/company reporting world as those who went to the old AGMs would testify to.

I've never heard of any of this , and it sounds pretty sickening.
One thing though , I can never get my head round , is how you can suddenly love* another team instead ?
Follow and watch maybe , but that's not the same.
*If I wrote a book about my team , I'd consider myself in love

We agree on that last point valencia but this isn't about free speech at all. This individual, if it is he, is just a destructive pest. It appears to be the only activity he is interested in and it's fairly simpe to destroy our enjoyment of the site if that is his only objective.

One thing though , I can never get my head round , is how you can suddenly love* another team instead ?

I suppose his heart is with Gills but if something terrible happens you can break up and move. Never be your first love but you settle for it. I believe he lived in Brighton for years and so just a question of going to watch your local team. If I recall correctly it was about the time they got the Amex so they were just on the way back up.

He was a very intelligent poster on Gills 365 and I enjoyed reading his posts. This presumes of course (going back to my first post) that we are talking about Burham !!!

We agree on that last point valencia but this isn't about free speech at all. This individual, if it is he, is just a destructive pest. It appears to be the only activity he is interested in and it's fairly simpe to destroy our enjoyment of the site if that is his only objective.

I remember him Jo , but never got involved too much. When we all migrated here , I just went along with it.
I can't really comment more than that

Was he known as Burham on Gills 365 ? I loved reading the tales from the toolshed. I am sure he explained his reasons for severing all ties with Gills if I was him I would be livid and if true (only heard one side but have no reason to doubt it) then I would have as well. He lived in Brighton so went and got a Brighton season ticket - I guess he has never looked back !
No it was Eccles on Gills 365 who had the run in with Scally.
Burham I believe was the guy who dressed up as Batman in the Rainham End a few times!

Eccles actually got one AGM called off as the correct notice period under Company Law had not been served.

Yes Scally withdrew permission for him to use the club’s logo on his book days before it was due to go to press, costing him a lot of money.
As you say he was furious and now supports his local club Brighton.

NotPaulScally this new poster seems likely to be DoX, ILuvSJ back in a new guise

People really shouldn’t be wasting their time debating ILUVSJ/DOX - he’s a waste of time attention seeker, who’s clearly a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. I can’t see him causing the same trouble here as I remember the main trouble him causing was when he somehow became editor/admin and caused mayhem. Can’t see there’s any means for him to do that here. That’s enough of him - think he’s best ignored. I have to say, I pretty much clocked it was him as soon as he first posted that shite yesterday.

I agree with Valencia - You can’t allow off field issues with a club dictate your heart. Big Al Liptrott is a prime example, despite being banned for years stuck it out and is still around.

As for moving out of the area.. I would never live in Gillingham if you paid me so do I support another club near me? Nope. Was raised to be Gills as lived elsewhere in Medway but stuck it through thick and thin.

No it was Eccles on Gills 365 who had the run in with Scally.
Burham I believe was the guy who dressed up as Batman in the Rainham End a few times!

Eccles actually got one AGM called off as the correct notice period under Company Law had not been served.

Yes Scally withdrew permission for him to use the club’s logo on his book days before it was due to go to press, costing him a lot of money.
As you say he was furious and now supports his local club Brighton.

NotPaulScally this new poster seems likely to be DoX, ILuvSJ back in a new guise
Yes! Eccles, that was it! And when I saw the username Burham I immediately thought the same: “didn’t he dress up as Batman long ago?” - he’s a decent bloke, from the times I’ve met him.

Yes! Eccles, that was it! And when I saw the username Burham I immediately thought the same: “didn’t he dress up as Batman long ago?” - he’s a decent bloke, from the times I’ve met him.
Yes I remember Eccles quite well from the Gills 365 board, he was always picking up on discrepancies in the club’s accounts and would attend the AGMs until Scally passed a resolution which meant that he was no longer required to hold them.

I don’t recall which season it was, but Burham would run up and down the Rainham End dressed as Batman to get the crowd going or to celebrate a goal, probably around 10 years ago.

Yes I remember Eccles quite well from the Gills 365 board, he was always picking up on discrepancies in the club’s accounts and would attend the AGMs until Scally passed a resolution which meant that he was no longer required to hold them.

I don’t recall which season it was, but Burham would run up and down the Rainham End dressed as Batman to get the crowd going or to celebrate a goal, probably around 10 years ago.
I remember a to-and-fro between Scally and Eccles one AGM. It was a week or two before Carlisle away. It went something along the lines of Eccles mentioning the long weekend he’d booked in the Lake District for the match, to which Scally jokingly suggested holding an AGM back here specifically while Eccles was still in Cumbria. Cue Eccles, with a wry grin, reeling off the statute once again about giving sufficient notice period. The look on Scally’s face was priceless.