If!!! | Page 2 | Vital Football

If!!!

Not a bad little poem ,Westbanker - you should try and get this published ;) I read this with Colin McFarlane's voice in mind and s!ow-moton images of red and white striped players flying into tackles. Had a tear in my eye :cry:

My final image was Sean Raggett, front tooth in his hand, heading in the winner at Eastleigh.

My Ideas:

Move the Exec Boxes to temporary Exec boxes in the gap between library and SW. They would look a bit like those at Barnsley and sit behind a row of seats to match Poachers Corner.

Extend the seating into the Bridge McFarland and create a better area for the Junior Imps.

Between Poachers corner and the tunnel I would have temporary covered platforms for disabled and their families.

SW safe standing on the back few rows. Seating at the front. Keep it for away fans. 617 create such an awesome atmosphere in the Co-op. Don't want to split the vocal support.

All these ideas whilst positive, sound expensive and will take time.

If we are going to move in next 5 years I doubt any major construction would be worth the cost or temporary reduction in capacity.

The best bet sounds like semi perm seating covering the gap between the St. Andrews and Stacey west - could probably add a thousand seats.

If we are going to move returning the Stacey west to terracing even with segregation would add similar I would have thought.

On similar thought could we add safe standing paddock like areas to the other corners?

If we are staying at sincil bank I would be tempted to
  1. Do the Stacey west works as described on earlier post. We could probably keep it open whist the works went on
  2. Have temp seating in the gap between Stacey’s west and st andrews and safe standing paddocks in the other corners.
  3. Once new Stacey west is open demolish the St. Andrews uni stand and and build a new 2/3 tier stand in its place. This would also have club offices and the other facilities for non football related income/community facilities.
  4. Refurb the coop stand - new seats new facilities - catering and WC.
I think that would give us about 19k seatee stadium in stadium fit for the championship Wouldn’t be cheap mind!

My Ideas:

Move the Exec Boxes to temporary Exec boxes in the gap between library and SW. They would look a bit like those at Barnsley and sit behind a row of seats to match Poachers Corner.

Extend the seating into the Bridge McFarland and create a better area for the Junior Imps.

That would be just as expensive as redeveloping the St Andrews stand for a modest improvement, its the amount of services within the stand that makes it an expensive option: ventilation systems, lighting, bars, data, wiring, emergency lighting fire alarms and mech services. It would be more cost effective would be to drop it and start again. Altering existing services costs mega bucks and fraught with compatibility issues.

On the other hand the SW has very few services and is of light construction so cantilevering another tier over it, is probably the most cost effective solution. I would caveat though, it will still not be possible to complete such a project over the summer break. But, with cute timing it might be possible to get the major steelwork erected and in place during that period.

As for keeping the existing SW stand open during construction process one would need a shit hot planning supervisor/principal designer to put their name to the CDM plan.

Last edited:
"If we are going to move in next 5 years I doubt any major construction would be worth the cost or temporary reduction in capacity."

We are not going to move in the next 5 years. 10 seems likely, but it may be longer than that.

That would be just as expensive as redeveloping the St Andrews stand for a modest improvement, its the amount of services within the stand that makes it an expensive option: ventilation systems, lighting, bars, data, wiring, emergency lighting fire alarms and mech services. It would be more cost effective would be to drop it and start again. Altering existing services costs mega bucks and fraught with compatibility issues.

Makes sense, I didn't think that through. How long would it take to get planning/permits to build over SW? And if that is feasible, how feasible would it be to do the same over the Selenity? I am so desperate to improve the look of that side of the ground that I will make multiple ludicrous suggestions.

If we were to put another tier on the SW, I imagine it'd be better to split it into two by having home fans upper and lower and away fans upper and lower not just home fans upper, away fans lower or vice versa.
If the extra was a continuation backwards and higher,vertical segregation zone ok (left side home right side away). If as per parts of Everton new build was on top/roof of existing would make sense to have top/new v bottom/old depending upon throwing of debris top to bottom possibilities/threat. Neither will happen!

Makes sense, I didn't think that through. How long would it take to get planning/permits to build over SW?

The same as any other building project: 12 weeks for planning plus lead in times for design, steel order et al. I would say if its kept simple 10 - 12 months on site.

And if that is feasible, how feasible would it be to do the same over the Selenity? I am so desperate to improve the look of that side of the ground that I will make multiple ludicrous suggestions.

Nah, not a realistic option I'm afraid, it would be more cost effective to drop it and start again.

"If we are going to move in next 5 years I doubt any major construction would be worth the cost or temporary reduction in capacity."

We are not going to move in the next 5 years. 10 seems likely, but it may be longer than that.

Get the University to back it and it would happen within a couple of years, no problems.

Naive in the extreme, the University is only interested in one thing, recruiting students in a decreasing market.
So include things in the plans that get the university interested. To be honest I can't imagine there wouldn't be something anyway (overall plan not just a new stadium).