Rate the ref v Grimsby Town (Home) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Rate the ref v Grimsby Town (Home)

Thoughts? Eyes on the ball throughout? ? yellow or red?

Dean got that right, no question. As said his eyes are on the ball, he never even glances at the other players around. He catches him in the face as his arm is shoulder height on the way down. If anything the collision is caused by the Cod player mistiming his jump.
Their fans sound like ours used to when we were as crap as they are now and we would clutch at straws as an excuse for being outclassed.

Thought he was card happy but most left him little choice, notably O'Connor's arm and Toffolo for time wasting, having been warned. Guess their keeper went for intent and having studs up, but he was fractionally first to the ball.

In the circumstances an average 6

really good ref, wish we had him every week , fussy or not. Kept game in control, we may get him for Mansfield game away, which would happily suit me, sorry a perfect 10. kept the game flowing, well done Mr Dean.

With the referees we've had over the season can any of you name anybody that have performed better, and keeping the game under control, I don't think so, and not one player of the 22 players argued with him, he was short and shrift with all of his decisions.

come on boys

I was hugely disappointed in him expected better. I thought he was too card happy in the first half .Grimsby's players did a lot of theatrical falling over and he seemed too buy it. However both Mcartan and Akinde were persistently fouled by the same players. Yes,he gave the free kicks, but didn't show yellows for this. Which was bizarre has he was giving yellows out on a regular basis for other offences.
I don't know who was doing the time keeping either , if I was a Grimsby fan I would have felt aggrieved at only 5 mins injury time. All around me in the coop stand we expected about 8. With all the sub's and the stoppages I was presently surprised with 5 mins.
5 out of 10

Bang average overall but how he failed to book the cod defender for the blatant pull back on Akinde at the edge of the area is baffling ineptitude so gets dropped to a 5.

With the referees we've had over the season can any of you name anybody that have performed better, and keeping the game under control, I don't think so, and not one player of the 22 players argued with him, he was short and shrift with all of his decisions.

come on boys

I have to say I can’t think of a Ref at Sincil Bank who was as in control as Dean was yesterday ... he absolutely breezed through it didn’t he, without any real fuss? I scored him 7 initially but in hindsight maybe an 8 ?