Notts | Page 4 | Vital Football

Notts

Neal Ardley's record so far:

League: P9 W1 D2 L6 F7 A18 Pts5
(0.555 points per game, equating to 25 over a 46-game season).

All competitions: P10 W1 D2 L7 F7 A20

Ardley was sacked after losing 7 on the bounce at AFC Wimbledon - he seemed an odd choice as the man to halt a slide.

He surely has to go!
County need to get the next new manager in before the window closes and make sure he spends as much as possible on more crap players

Always a concern when you don't get a 'bounce' out the players as a new manager i.e. Macclesfield (which may well prove to be more than a bounce).
I was at Macc this afternoon. Superb performance especially after going behind to s 10 second penalty. Campbell had got them playing very well. Relegation does not now seemed certain as someone here posted earlier in the season lol.
A very entertain game.

Should never have sacked Kewell. They didn't even give him a transfer window. They panicked.
Kewell won three in a row - they have only won one other match all season. There were rumours of disagreements between the owner and Kewell, and between Kewell and the players. I can't help thinking that they would not be in this mess had they kept Nolan, and had they kept Kewell. It all seems so self-inflicted and avoidable.

I have a client that is a life long County fan, who is so condescending about the Imps... strangely, not heard from him for a while... they are DOOMED. Think it’s a bit sad really, how their fortunes could change so dramatically, so quickly...

I have a client that is a life long County fan, who is so condescending about the Imps... strangely, not heard from him for a while... they are DOOMED. Think it’s a bit sad really, how their fortunes could change so dramatically, so quickly...

And would the current owner be happy to pump even more millions into them should they go down? We know ourselves how much income falls (Think Uncle Bob quoted a drop of over £1million just for not being in EFL let alone loss of sponsors etc etc).

If owner quit they would be straight into administration or even liquidation.
Could at best face further demotion under NatLge financial rules or worse need to reform lower down like Hereford & Darlington most recently have had to do.

County don't play again until we go there - they were due to be playing Newport next Saturday. Will the two weeks off do them any good?

He surely has to go!
County need to get the next new manager in before the window closes and make sure he spends as much as possible on more crap players

The way Posh are going could Evans be available for them before the end of the month????

Can they afford to sack another manager. Anyone know what kind of a contract he's got

The way Posh are going could Evans be available for them before the end of the month????

Can they afford to sack another manager. Anyone know what kind of a contract he's got

Presumably the same contract they all get there, work for only 3 mths max but get paid for 3 years...!

County's relegation is far from a forgone conclusion and they have enough resources to get out of trouble, but that losing habit is hard to break as we have experience of under Tilson.

Looking at the table, they really are in massive trouble now. Just shows how quickly things can turn in the lower leagues. Believe I’m right in saying both Tranmere and Chesterfield suffered successive relegations to go out of the league in recent years.

County's relegation is far from a forgone conclusion and they have enough resources to get out of trouble, but that losing habit is hard to break as we have experience of under Tilson.

I agree with this, they 'should' have enough to escape. But, once the gravity of relegation has you in its grip its very hard to break free. Look at Macc, on a decent run but still occupying the last relegation spot. But, as every week that ticks by, the abyss looms larger. #touchandgo

Last edited:
County don't play again until we go there - they were due to be playing Newport next Saturday. Will the two weeks off do them any good?

That to my mind will very much depend on the other results of the clubs around them. Taking into account their wretched GD they could be easily 10pts adrift of safety before they play again.

Notts are a precautionary tale for me, I bought into the purchase of flashy forwards in the summer expecting them to do very well. Plus their League position last year, at this point I think they were still in the top three? What a difference a year make and a warning for anyone that sinks a tonne of cash into forwards.

In hindsight Danny's commitment to a solid defence is a less exciting but much more sustainable strategy. You only need one goal if you can stop the other team scoring. Notts need to be scoring two each game as a minimum just to draw and their heart clearly isn't in it.