Trippier not good enough - again.. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Trippier not good enough - again..

Always think Sanchez know how to support Tripps better than Toby, but who knows - I find Tripps so frustrating now.

Players who can run the line up and down, defend well and put in good crosses grow on trees don't they ? Walker can't do it, his crosses are sporadic and he has dumb arse moments in defence. I would rather work on Tripps decision making and support him than ditch him.

Players who can run the line up and down, defend well and put in good crosses grow on trees don't they ? Walker can't do it, his crosses are sporadic and he has dumb arse moments in defence. I would rather work on Tripps decision making and support him than ditch him.

You are over rating trippiers crossing massively.....

My god z
Tripps with a back 3 is useful. Also agree Sanchez covers him better than Toby.

All that said, this is pretty damning. He's too often the one costing us in big games this season.

https://streamable.com/gtmy9

My god Freud that was savage lol. Can someone send him it on Twitter,or better yet Poch. If we are simply hamstrung by the home grown issue, play Walker-peters I'd rather he was making these game costing errors because the end result will be a player much better than Tripper. And his delivery is not a lot worse already than Trips.

You are over rating trippiers crossing massively.....

I didn't mention Tripps or over rate him. I was pointing out the qualities we need don't grow on trees. Tripps has a reputation for his decent delivery both from the wing and set pieces. It could be better and more consistent. I remember years ago wondering why Beckham was so praised for his delivery, it is a skill not as easy as perhaps expected. Eriksens corners all too often fail to impress. I don't think Tripps is a lost cause needing the axe...yet. I hope he stamps out these daft errors.

Aurier accused of beating his wife. Police investigation is why he wasn't even on bench Vs Utd. Club have confirmed.

After the police officer assault from before we signed him there's a pattern emerging.

The answer to the RB poistion is The Crystal Palace youngster Wan-Bissaka...someone worth spending money on...pace, power and positional sense.

I would like to see KWP more. I think he is already good enough

The one drawback with him still is his lack of physical presence - he needs to develop a cynical snarling side to his game ( a la Rose) to make up for his diminutive stature.

But at this rate, if he can step it up, he'd soon be pushing for a regular starting place.

Last edited:
Ying and Yang; he sees the positive side of their games, whereas you always seem to focus on the negative.

I don't get carried away by one good cross followed by four bad ones, there is a reason why Trippier often puts his hand up in apology. We should be striving for greater efficiency, not accepting mediocrity.

What do you consider an efficient crossing ratio?

It's possibly not as easy as some think because good crossers and dead ball merchants are lauded and admired. With Eriksens technical ability he puts in a lot of duff corners. Rose can put in a good cross but often over hits it. There are a few in history who did it consistently like Beckham and that is probably what he will be remembered for.

I think Trippiers delivery is good, not legendary or outstanding. Probably our best .He certainly needs to get his head right regarding decision making, play the percentage ball instead of the flash one. I know He likes the volley cross and that's ok up their end, but in out half he needs to be more careful.

I think Tripps can be fixed.

Full International at Premier League level, training every day:

I would expect three out of four crosses to be on the money at worse two, one is unacceptable.

I'd be surprised if you can find any wingers or full backs who have a 75% success rate with crosses who play them regularly. I've not looked at the data, but I read a while ago that on average 1 in 15 crosses results in a goal across the league. Obviously some go straight out for a corner or miss everyone and go out the other side, others find a man who misses, others find a defender... but expecting a player to find his man 3/4 time sees unrealistic to me.

I'd be surprised if you can find any wingers or full backs who have a 75% success rate with crosses who play them regularly. I've not looked at the data, but I read a while ago that on average 1 in 15 crosses results in a goal across the league. Obviously some go straight out for a corner or miss everyone and go out the other side, others find a man who misses, others find a defender... but expecting a player to find his man 3/4 time sees unrealistic to me.

I would expect crosses to be in an area where it can be contested and present the opposing defender/keeper with a problem. Too many of ours hit the first man or are over hit.