Our 'rich' neighbours | Vital Football

Our 'rich' neighbours

NorthNottsImp

Vital Reserves Team
Living in Mansfield I have had quite a chuckle today with their oncoming loanees. Firstly I am jealous as would loved to have seen Grant here. At the start of last season the theme online was that they would walk promotion. They tried to buy it. It didn't work. Here we go again.A lot of their supporters now think promotion is now their right. And they call Lincoln fans arrogant!
I started thinking about their finances. Their gate at the moment is around 4500. Let us assume the average receipt per person is £20. That gives them £90000 income per each home game or £45000 each week assuming a home game every fortnight. I believe I am right in saying that away teams do not get a share. It looks like they have 30 players on their books. If 20 earn £1000 each week, 7 earn £2000 and 3 £4000 that makes £46000. Add in a manager (£3000) that makes a wage bill of £49000. Then add in ancillary staff at £4000 and you have a weekly bill of £53000. Now add in police costs, utilities, rates, costs of running training ground etc. They will have an income from sponsorship, food and drink etc. But don't think this would cover the costs. I am no accountant but how can that all be sustainable? I think I have been conservative with the wage bill. Does financial fair play apply?

Living in Mansfield I have had quite a chuckle today with their oncoming loanees. Firstly I am jealous as would loved to have seen Grant here. At the start of last season the theme online was that they would walk promotion. They tried to buy it. It didn't work. Here we go again.A lot of their supporters now think promotion is now their right. And they call Lincoln fans arrogant!
I started thinking about their finances. Their gate at the moment is around 4500. Let us assume the average receipt per person is £20. That gives them £90000 income per each home game or £45000 each week assuming a home game every fortnight. I believe I am right in saying that away teams do not get a share. It looks like they have 30 players on their books. If 20 earn £1000 each week, 7 earn £2000 and 3 £4000 that makes £46000. Add in a manager (£3000) that makes a wage bill of £49000. Then add in ancillary staff at £4000 and you have a weekly bill of £53000. Now add in police costs, utilities, rates, costs of running training ground etc. They will have an income from sponsorship, food and drink etc. But don't think this would cover the costs. I am no accountant but how can that all be sustainable? I think I have been conservative with the wage bill. Does financial fair play apply?
I think £20 per individual is over the top. I believe even £15 would be generous.

I agree and there was nothing scientific about that figure. It does make the financial situation even more precarious.

It's called Mr Radford and his large pockets, I believe Mrs Radford enjoys the limelight.

As for FFP, I generally wouldn't wish any club to struggle in terms of staying afloat, but it would be nice to see them getting the begging buckets out at some stage in the future (however unlikely that may seem now)

I'm not surprised by their signings and I doubt DC is. They and MK were always going to throw wheelbarrows of cash at the problem of escaping L2. Likewise Notts County but for an obviously different reason. We just need to concentrate on our own affairs and leave the cash barons to theirs.

1 SCMP Requirement

1.1 All League 2 Clubs (hereafter Clubs or Club) are required to meet the SCMP Requirement (as defined in Note 1.2) for each Reporting Period (as defined in Note 1.3).

1.2 The SCMP Requirement is a measure whereby a Club’s Player Related Expenditure (as defined in Appendix B) shall not exceed the sum of:

1.2.1 50% of the Club’s Relevant Turnover (as defined in Paragraph 1 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period; plus

1.2.2 100% of the Club’s Football Fortune Income (as defined in Paragraph 2 of Appendix A) for the Reporting Period.

1.3 The Reporting Period in respect of which a Club is assessed for the purpose of the SCMP Requirement is (subject to Note 2) the 12 month period recorded in the Club’s Annual Accounts.

I live and work in Mansfield as well. I would be lying if I didn't say one or two of their level headed fans are concerned. A majority though think this has sewn up the title for them. These same ones keep telling me they are catching us every time they win, even if we win the same day. I for one hope this catches up with them.

I live and work in Mansfield as well. I would be lying if I didn't say one or two of their level headed fans are concerned. A majority though think this has sewn up the title for them. These same ones keep telling me they are catching us every time they win, even if we win the same day. I for one hope this catches up with them.
I am in Forest Town. Where are you?

What is football fortune income? Is that sugar Daddy money or what is in Mrs Radford's handbag?
2.9 aka the contents of Mrs. Radford's handbag. ))

2 Football Fortune – Definitions

Football Fortune Income includes the following revenues streams on the basis that they can reasonably be regarded as a “bonus” to Clubs during the Reporting Period.

2.1 EFL Cup and EFL Trophy Distributions – Include any EFL Cup or EFL Trophy prize money and facility fees on an actual basis. Budgets should assume the Club does not progress past Round 1 of any competition.

2.2 Football Association Distributions – Include any FA Cup prize money and facility fees on an actual basis. Budgets should assume the Club does not progress past Round 1 of any competition.

2.3 League Parachute Income – Include all Parachute income receivable from The League for the relevant Reporting Period.

2.4 Net Transfer Income – Include actual cash received in the year from other clubs by way of Compensation Fee, Transfer Fee and / or Loan Fee (in these Notes, “Transfer Fees”), less any actual cash paid to other clubs by way of Transfer Fees. Any advances of Transfer Fees from organisations such as Close Leasing can only be included where the instalments being advanced against fall due within the Reporting Period covered by the relevant SCMP Submission.

2.5 Donations – Donations from independently run lotteries, PFA contributions for Private Medical Insurance, small gifts from benefactors, donations towards Player salary costs, payment for taxation losses etc. are allowable. Significant donations must be evidenced by a bank receipt or statement to show funds have been credited to the Club’s bank account. Before being included in the Club’s SCMP Submission, a signed Letter of Guarantee (in accordance with Appendix D) must also be received by The League to confirm that there is no interest linked to the donation or any requirement for future repayment of the donation by the Club.

2.6 Cash Injections – Significant cash injections from companies or benefactors must be evidenced by a bank receipt or statement to show funds have been credited to the Club’s bank account. Before being included in the Club’s SCMP Submission, a signed Letter of Guarantee (in accordance with Appendix D) must also be received by The League to confirm that there is no interest linked to the donation or any requirement for future repayment of the injection by the Club.

2.7 Equity Injections – Only include non-redeemable equity investments received in the relevant period. The conversion of debt to equity does not constitute a form of revenue as no cash injection is provided to the Club to finance wages in the future. Further, any linked transactions whereby loans are repaid followed by a cash injection in exchange for equity, will not be allowed. All equity cash injections must be evidenced by a bank receipt or statement to show funds have been credited to the Club’s bank account. Before being included in the Club’s SCMP Submission, a copy of the signed Companies House forms confirming the issue of new share capital must also be received by The League.

2.8 Accumulated Profit – Only include reserves extracted from audited Annual Accounts that have been filed with Companies House. For the avoidance of doubt any revaluation reserves do not qualify for inclusion.

2.9 Other Income – To be assessed on a case by case basis.