Sad Son wants to leave on a high note... | Vital Football

Sad Son wants to leave on a high note...

Spursex

Alert Team
As he has settled and improved, so has his English, the progress he's made with it is quite impressive - watch his interview and see what you think.....

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-sign-off-with-victory-over-manchester-united

"It's not easy for me to leave the team at this important time," Son told Sky Sports.
"I feel very sad and sorry but I want to win this game and go with confidence to Dubai.

"To play for your country is always a proud moment, but it's tough for me having missed one month of the season already.

"I want to go with three points, with confidence to Dubai."

Son's a joy to football. Whenever you speak with neutral fans they just sing his praises.

When Poch makes that defensive breakthrough with Son's football brain there's an even better player in there. Right now, I'll keep enjoying his attacking qualities and aspire for him to take responsibility for the high press and the dropping in to cover holes that we see from Kane, Dele and Eriksen.

We'll miss him in the next couple of weeks. He's scoring for fun again.

Poch doesn't suffer players who don't stick to his instruction so can only assume he doesn't ask him to muck in defensively as he wants him close to the opposition defensive line as our fastest attacker.

Agree he could press more but he often fades in games as it is. He could be smarter when we're really under pressure but in general he's so important to the team how he is already.

Poch doesn't suffer players who don't stick to his instruction so can only assume he doesn't ask him to muck in defensively as he wants him close to the opposition defensive line as our fastest attacker.

Agree he could press more but he often fades in games as it is. He could be smarter when we're really under pressure but in general he's so important to the team how he is already.

In my opinion, it's not about suffering players who don't stick to instruction. Way more subtle than that with Son. It's more the way his brain needs to engage to help the team defensively. It's which pocket he sits in or how he anticipates things defensively. Eriksen is great at it and quite often stops a teams in its tracks because of his anticipation. When you get attacking midfielder doing that, it's very powerful and my guess Poch is constantly working on that part of the game with his AM's. It's also a way of conserving energy as most of the time Son is sprinting to defend once out of position.

The press thing is perhaps a little different. Son might need a little more tough love on that one. I saw Alonso come out of a cul de sac on Tuesday that he had no right to come out of, and wouldn't have done with any other Spurs player. Son is a repeat offender on that one in our setup and sometimes why he gets taken off in tough finishes to games or starts tough aways on our bench.

Anyway, I'm not here to knock Son. I just crave him to continually improve all aspects of his game. We'll definitely miss him in the next couple of weeks. Since the start of Dec he has 9 goals in 11 games with 6 assists. What team wouldn't miss that?

When he gets back ,maybe we could try him at left bac.......Hitting
Sorry ................we are sure going to miss him. Sometimes his initial touch leaves a lot to be desired and can be very frustrating but his worth to the team is amazing ,infectious and precious . Hope he goes away with that great big smile on his face . :giggle:

I am struggling with this one. I've got a Nasty Nick digging away at me telling me Son should not have gone. Then my sensible side tells me to accept it and not to be so resentful.

It's not a Fifa recognised tournament as I far as I know. He already went to one not long ago to save his ass from military service. We are struggling with injuries , Lamela is in and out, Moura has picked up a knee problem, Kane is being overplayed as usual .

Son it seems feels guilty about going. I'm not sure how he stands with his Country if he refuses to go. Probably instant national service ( joke ).

Although the odds are against us winning the title , we ain't far off , with Son banging in goals it could make the difference.

Anyone know how many games he will miss ? Including potential recovery time on his return.

I am told that as part of the agreement to exclude him from National service - whether they won the Asian Cup or not - this tournament was part of the deal.

Quality depth is and always will be part of championship teams keys to success. We simply don't have that much of it, hence we won't be champions anytime soon. Every team deals with injuries, some more than others...like us, but teams with better depth can absorb it better.

Time to see if we play well without Kane...and I think more importantly without Son this stretch.

Well he ain't leaving on a high. It wasn't his best performance but any stretch. Kane getting crocked just rubs salt in.

Poch, if you want another 20 years of this you must be mad....get out now because in spite of all the wonderful future projections I bet nothing changes at the THFC cash cow.

Based on what?

The evidence suggests otherwise; we have the PL owners who've taken the least in dividends or interest and where the bulk of the profits have been re-invested in the club to create the infrastructure we now have - so are you saying that they will now start taking large lumps of cash from the club as the revenues grow rather than re-invest it into the only assets they can in the future i.e. Players?

If so, why?

20 years is perhaps a bit long but breaking it down into progression via increased revenue is worth Ex taking a look.

The new stadium needs paying for so increased gates may not impact on player acquisitions for a while. Naming rights again I don't know how that money will be used.

So it's how long and how the money is used. It could be a long and gradual building process as finances become stronger.

20 years is perhaps a bit long but breaking it down into progression via increased revenue is worth Ex taking a look.

The new stadium needs paying for so increased gates may not impact on player acquisitions for a while. Naming rights again I don't know how that money will be used.

So it's how long and how the money is used. It could be a long and gradual building process as finances become stronger.

We have discussed this many times;

In the short term i..e year 1-3 after the stadium is open, the net increase in revenues will be modest - by the end of year three (latest) the PF is planned to be replaced by what most people understand as a mortgage - it will be between 15-20 years, depending on T&C's (assuming of course that Enic haven't given the Rothschild led syndicate free rein to re-finance everything by way of large investors - which will probably be institutions where demand is still very strong).

Once the stadium is running all year round for events / NFL (which could take up until years 4 and 5) the projected net effect on our cashflow is somewhere between £100 - 200 million p.a.

And that is after financing costs of what may be around £30-50 mill a year (much depends on how it is structured).

The one thing we know for certain; the board do not take high risk gambles - so I expect (as I have always said) there to be an impact from year three in terms of transfer funds available, perhaps earlier for salaries as we stick with the 50- 55% of rev's rule (can't see any need for that to change or vary by much).

I do NOT see, Enic suddenly raping the business of cash (something they've never done).

The criticism is of course, that neither has it chucked money at the business in the way other new club owners have done - but then ENIC were always clear in the AGM/EGM's that they would never operate that way and no one should expect them to - to that extent, they've never disappointed me, as they never set that expectation; it was always 'build the business base and success on the field would follow' - and that is arguably why so many fans still berate them.

Well he ain't leaving on a high. It wasn't his best performance but any stretch. Kane getting crocked just rubs salt in.

He looked dangerous whenever he got the ball on the left, no idea why he spent so much of the game on the right.

We have discussed this many times;

In the short term i..e year 1-3 after the stadium is open, the net increase in revenues will be modest - by the end of year three (latest) the PF is planned to be replaced by what most people understand as a mortgage - it will be between 15-20 years, depending on T&C's (assuming of course that Enic haven't given the Rothschild led syndicate free rein to re-finance everything by way of large investors - which will probably be institutions where demand is still very strong).

Once the stadium is running all year round for events / NFL (which could take up until years 4 and 5) the projected net effect on our cashflow is somewhere between £100 - 200 million p.a.

And that is after financing costs of what may be around £30-50 mill a year (much depends on how it is structured).

The one thing we know for certain; the board do not take high risk gambles - so I expect (as I have always said) there to be an impact from year three in terms of transfer funds available, perhaps earlier for salaries as we stick with the 50- 55% of rev's rule (can't see any need for that to change or vary by much).

I do NOT see, Enic suddenly raping the business of cash (something they've never done).

The criticism is of course, that neither has it chucked money at the business in the way other new club owners have done - but then ENIC were always clear in the AGM/EGM's that they would never operate that way and no one should expect them to - to that extent, they've never disappointed me, as they never set that expectation; it was always 'build the business base and success on the field would follow' - and that is arguably why so many fans still berate them.

3 years before impact on signings and judging from the projection not major signings either. Maybe we should sell Eriksen as well as the other known leavers . He could finance a few good players.