Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2 | Page 218 | Vital Football

Other Clubs News Discussion Thread 2

I would piss myself laughing if they got the Bruceasaurus Rex, the fans and players thought Morinho was too defensive, they'd have effigies of Bruce hanging over the stands after 5 games.

It’s awful, looks like he’s shaved his pubes off and glued them to his face.

Had no idea he’s Muslim, must be fairly recent as he hasn’t always had it. There’s many examples of Muslim footballers (Ozil, Dzeko to name a couple) who have short and tidy facial hair or none at all, Muslims only have them to emulate Mohammed not because the Koran tells them to.

Well in fairness his scoring record since he started growing that admittedly awfull scraggy beard has improved dramatically. 20 goals last season and we'll on his way to another 20 this year. Maybe Scott Hogan should try it?

Fully aware of that (and I don't have ANY sympathy, trust me!). My overall point was that United no longer get the absolute top quality players they used to, and Moyes (as well as Van Gaal and Mourinho) was promised top-quality world class players like Modric, Bale and Lewandowski, and ended up with (at that level) second-tier signings like Fellaini and Herrera. The only truly world-class player they've brought in in the past few years was a 34-year-old Zlatan and perennially-injured 32 year old Schweinsteiger. Under David Gill they signed the best of the best, players like Van Nistelroy, Vidic, Van Persie, Keane, Schmeichel, Cantona, Ferdinand. Under Gill, when a player developed at other clubs, it was a guarantee that they'd end up at United (the only exception being Shearer). Yorke and Cole are two examples. Yes, they've spent a lot of money compared to most other clubs, but they have that spending power and more. Only now, they are spending it on players that are good premier league players, instead of great ones.

Totally agree. Of Manchester's much vaunted spend of £400m, actually £360m, nearly half was on two players, Pogba and Lukaku. Fred was the next highest.

Mourinho had a problem, a leaky defence, and star players who contributed nothing to defence. So he dropped the star players (who had a habit of only turning up when they felt like it anyway) and played those who gave the squad more balance and helped the defence as well. There's a good BBC article here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46602916
It's noticeable the number of players who speak highly of him (JT for one, as we know). He challenges players all the time, but the grown up ones can take it and take it on board. And as I said earlier, his record in his stay at MU (wins, draws, losses, goals for and against etc, average per match) is remarkably close to Ferguson. The difference is that that record in today's PL is no longer enough.

Given time and backing I think he'd have got there, maybe another two or three years. It would take that because of the competition. Sacking him solves nothing. MU has major problems and has had for the last seven years. Putting in an "ex MU star" as temporary manager is a joke.

United supposedly accidentally announced Solskjaer then deleted it.

That club is a shambles. And if they are appointing Solskjaer what do they think he’s really got that has changed since he had a go a Cardiff and lasted 5 mins.

If we had appointed Solskjaer to replace Bruce there would have been some very pissed off folk let alone taking over a club the size of United. Whoever has made that decision needs sacking.

Naming Solksjaer, Bruce or Hughes as temporary manager is idle talk just because they all played for the club.
The idea being that they know the club and will get respect from the players, I doubt that very much.
The part of knowing the club is bullcrap. The club has changed dramatically since any of those named were at the club.
As for having the respect of the players, why would they, none of them have had sterling careers in management.

Even the Norwegian PM tweeted congrats to Ole yesterday before deleting it, so it seems it will be happening. He was a disaster at Cardiff but then again he was working with far inferior players. Could be an RDM/Chelsea situation where the players are really running the show
What I don't understand is he is still contracted at Molde and their new season starts in March. Does he leave Manure 2 months early, or go back to Norway 2 months after the season starts?

Ah. The old he was a great player for us, he will be a great manager for us.. technique.

Hilarious.

Ed Woodward statement bangs on about club legend ...blah....blah...but doesnt once mention his coaching ability.

Hilarious

And of course. What a great opportunity now being taken by the media to start banging on and on and on and on about 1999.