Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 134 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

Not true. I was asked what we had to sell. There are plenty of revenue generators there. From there we need to build, using a competitive tax regime. We will need to invest and train our people

How will the 17,4m people whose will must be honoured benefit from a lower tax regime?

The referendum only took about 4 months last time, didn't it?

No it didn't-as you will no doubt be aware it has to be proposed, then legislation must be passed, electoral commission consulted and then there is a period of time for campaigning which would have to be longer to explain the 600 page deal you think everyone will understand despite not being able to understand the 2 options we had previously

Second vote is off the table-so tell your Lib dem friends to vote for the final May deal (together with assurances) so we can all move on or ofcourse prepare for no deal on 29 March

How will the 17,4m people whose will must be honoured benefit from a lower tax regime?
A more competitive business environment should attract investment which will lead to job creation as well as leaving more money in people's pockets. Brexit will only work if the government are commercial with their fiscal policy and ensure that people are skilled up properly. We need investment and business support, which will mean debt may have to rise over the next 10 years.

A more competitive business environment should attract investment which will lead to job creation as well as leaving more money in people's pockets. Brexit will only work if the government are commercial with their fiscal policy and ensure that people are skilled up properly. We need investment and business support, which will mean debt may have to rise over the next 10 years.

10yrs? You are optimistic. The ERG are saying 15yrs and that is their best estimate.

I'm sure the residents of Clifton or Broxtowe will be queuing up to pick strawberries, wipe up pensioners shite or any other unskilled job instead of collecting benefits.

By more competitive you mean business paying even less dues, even though they pay minimal or none at the moment. So there will be cuts to public spending to offset the investment. I'm sure the majority of the 17,4m will be happy that their gravy train will come to an end. Who will they blame? Will they take accountability for their royal f-up?

Considering the shambles since the shambolic result due you honestly think that Westminster is capable of implementing a fiscal policy capable of meeting the requirements to ensure that there is proper training.

?

No it didn't-as you will no doubt be aware it has to be proposed, then legislation must be passed, electoral commission consulted and then there is a period of time for campaigning which would have to be longer to explain the 600 page deal you think everyone will understand despite not being able to understand the 2 options we had previously

Second vote is off the table-so tell your Lib dem friends to vote for the final May deal (together with assurances) so we can all move on or ofcourse prepare for no deal on 29 March
Right now, which do you think is more likely, a people's vote or no deal exit?

"We will end freedom of movement" they say.
But not within the next seven years at least.
If we or our successors don't change policy before then.
It only counts for those earning under £30k.
Or another number.
Which will include everyone up to and including junior doctors.
Except they will probably be excluded from the policy along with a list of other sectors that even this 'government' recognises is rather important.
Fewer people will come in from the EU.
Even though we have terrific unemployment figures.
Because the slack has been taken up by the dramatic increase in migrating from RoW.
Even though we could always have done something about that but chose not to.
Q: Will it get down to net tens of thousands? PM: YES. Home Sec: No.

Lienking, you must be particularly outraged at this. It is a direct violation of the manifesto promise, and on one of your favourite subjects too! I'm sure you will be calling on each and every Conservative to resign their seats any time now..?

"We will end freedom of movement" they say.
But not within the next seven years at least.
If we or our successors don't change policy before then.
It only counts for those earning under £30k.
Or another number.
Which will include everyone up to and including junior doctors.
Except they will probably be excluded from the policy along with a list of other sectors that even this 'government' recognises is rather important.
Fewer people will come in from the EU.
Even though we have terrific unemployment figures.
Because the slack has been taken up by the dramatic increase in migrating from RoW.
Even though we could always have done something about that but chose not to.
Q: Will it get down to net tens of thousands? PM: YES. Home Sec: No.

Lienking, you must be particularly outraged at this. It is a direct violation of the manifesto promise, and on one of your favourite subjects too! I'm sure you will be calling on each and every Conservative to resign their seats any time now..?

Has the immigration policy been passed into law yet? I thought a white paper just came out today?

"

Would have thought the most sensible immigration policy would be by job type. If we have plenty of people doing a job for £40k why let people in who will do the job for £30k, when we may need nurses and carers who won't qualify for a £30k salary. It is time we started training more people who already live here though. We train a ludicrous number of people at degree level who never earn enough to pay back their loans. We obviously train too many people at degree level in subjects that are pretty useless workwise.

Having been to University, Polytechnic and teachers training college myself, I think it's criminal that the Polytechnics were allowed to convert to Universities. they seemed to offer more specific career training before.

Last edited:
Would have thought the most sensible immigration policy would be by job type. If we have plenty of people doing a job for £40k why let people in who will do the job for £30k, when we may need nurses and carers who won't qualify for a £30k salary. It is time we started training more people who already live here though. We train a ludicrous number of people at degree level who never earn enough to pay back their loans. We obviously train too many people at degree level in subjects that are pretty useless workwise.
I thought everyone had a job these days.?

I don't understand what you are saying here. Could you clarify?

I know it's not the situation, but imagine that we had unemployed doctors because we had trained too many, but were short of nurses. What would be the point in effectively having freedom of movement for the whole world for doctors earning over £30k, but having a shortage of nurses on £25k ? Probably more realistic to replace doctors in the above with another profession, but it illustrates how ridiculous the policy is.

I thought everyone had a job these days.?

What has everyone having a job got to do with anything? Wages have barely gone up in ten years. You can be permanently employed, but employers have no incentive to pay you more if they have an unlimited supply of cheap labour. I know you will ask for "the causal link", but it's strange that since voting to leave wages have started to increase more than inflation for the first time in years, despite the doom and gloom being forecast.

I may have changed my mind. Looking like no deal will be hard to avoid. We may be properly fucked, gents.

We won’t be but in any event a deal is there for the taking...have you seen how the eu has chosen to deal with matters in the event of no deal. How ridiculous