Playing Devil's Advocate.... | Vital Football

Playing Devil's Advocate....

MedwayModernist

Vital Squad Member
for whoever set the Cardiff prices... Scally or otherwise

Anyone remember the shambles between the police and Gills 7 years ago when Stoke came to town?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-16448620

Cardiff City, and their equally large football hoolie based support travelling over will probably mean we're going to be in the same situation again, having to pay the police a fortune - which I expect is at least one reason why the ticket prices are higher than normal.

As per usual however, the club haven't helped themselves by not saying why there's a price increase. Even if it was just because we've got a prem side visiting, I'd probably say fair enough, given it's a marquee fixture etc.

I'd be surprised if Cardiff sell out the away end and there will be no more risk of aggro than plenty of other games in recent years.

That hasn't affected the police deciding to over police in the past. Remember when they charged the club for policing a friendly against a Spurs XI as if we were playing their full first team in a competitive fixture.

Firstly, these price increases are slight - between £3 and £6 ffs.

Secondly, the cash would go to the club.

Thirdly, ALL Gills (and football) tickets are ridiculously priced, so why is there only outrage for this fixture?

No risk of trouble? Don't you believe it. Us old gimmers in the GRS are meeting up with Gate 13 in the Queens Head over Xmas to plan a massive scrap with the Taffy boys. I am polishing my zimmer in anticipation. We will show them - no one messes with the GFC Codgers.

No risk of trouble? Don't you believe it. Us old gimmers in the GRS are meeting up with Gate 13 in the Queens Head over Xmas to plan a massive scrap with the Taffy boys. I am polishing my zimmer in anticipation. We will show them - no one messes with the GFC Codgers.
Ambitious plan there GRSG, how are you going to meet at the Queens Head when no one knows where it is? :hmmm:

Some of us will walk up Maidstone Road, some of us will walk down Maidstone Road. We will meet somewhere in the middle.

What happens if one group walks faster than the other, and they meet outside Alice's? She doesn't drink, and won't be able to cater for the hungry two groups that turn up on her doorstep.

What happens if one group walks faster than the other, and they meet outside Alice's? She doesn't drink, and won't be able to cater for the hungry two groups that turn up on her doorstep.
At our age we can't walk fast - in fact walking is an achievement in itself. Mobility scooters are the way to go.

Let them try please. I'm itching to find out if it is actually half way up or half way down.

It is one of the last great unknown's of the universe along with how many dimensions there really are if we accept the M version of sting theory.

My guess is 42.

Let them try please. I'm itching to find out if it is actually half way up or half way down.

It is one of the last great unknown's of the universe along with how many dimensions there really are if we accept the M version of sting theory.

My guess is 42.

No two goups will walk the same speed. The idea was tried once but the two groups met at Alice's. They couldn't decide which group walked faster, as one of them must have passed the Queen's Head, but both groups were looking at this thread on their phones to notice. Alice does indeed live at No.42 though :-)