Its getting very near the end. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Its getting very near the end.

So reading through the speculation that could be in relation to the loan the club supposedly owes the Ashley. Whether it's that it's about to be due to repaid, or continues, or turned into equity in preparation for the takeover. The other other option is it's normal housekeeping and is just brought into sharper focus by the swirl of speculation.

Im with you in that it'll be normal housekeeping stuff with it's sole aim to cause furore amongst those who think this is still on.

Just wonder what it will take for some people's pennies to drop?

Well the Magpie Group have cancelled all protests until February. All it took is one interview from Ashley.

Last edited:
I had a look at the seating plan on nufc.co.uk before the Magpie Group called it off. Generally you were looking at maybe a dozen to 20 spare seats in any given section that is not sold out on season tickets.

Rafa has made the whole takeover situation much more clearer this evening.

Here are his usual words of wisdom...

'I spoke to Lee Charnley a few minutes ago '
'I know where we are and it’s business as usual.’

he also revealed he has not heard from Ashley all week.

Where would we be now without the help of this bloke who is proving to be so instrumental in exposing big Mike and his regime ?

The usual local journos reckon that confidence is building behind the scenes that this indeed is endgame.

Im pretty numb about it all and will believe it when it's splashed all over the news as a done deal. Could be days or years but what a Xmas present that would be.

Shame results on the pitch could scupper any takeover. Would you if you were loaded risk £300m+ on a club as shite as NUFC are.

Shame results on the pitch could scupper any takeover. Would you if you were loaded risk £300m+ on a club as shite as NUFC are.
Yes I would, the potential is massive. Even if they are relegated this year, its only 1 season away from the top flight. Fuck all in a medium to long term business plan.

I'm hoping the lack of news in the media over the last 3/4 days is because the potential new owners have had a good look over the books and a period of exclusivity is imminent. It will also be interesting to see what the changes to the NUFC articles of association was about.

The club is pretty lifeless at the minute and a bit of good news will be most fucking welcome.

Yes I would, the potential is massive. Even if they are relegated this year, its only 1 season away from the top flight. Fuck all in a medium to long term business plan.

Surely any new owner won't want to be splashing out over £300m then being relegated. Nobody is guaranteed instant promotion and I doubt many potential new owners
would be willing to take the risk. Hence why the club hasn't been sold in past years.

I don't know whether it will be interesting or worrying what will come out from the documents that have been submitted. Wednesday when we might get an indication

Ive stopped looking. It's the hope that does the damage.

On another note, I watched that Bobby Robson documentary (More Than A Manager) on Netflix last night. Aside from it being a quality watch, it shows we're a million miles from what we once were.

The change to the Articles of Association is nothing other than the amount of directors' needed to run the company which was proposed in August and adopted in October so has nowt to do with the takeover speculation.