Preston Fan Comments | Vital Football

Preston Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Nottingham Forest have won one of their last seven league matches against Preston.

Under the cosh early doors.

Forest have quality up front but we're coping ok at the minute. Finding it difficult to work anything through midfield to the final third where nowt is happening.

Corner to forest but I think we got away with a pen just then.

Jesus another hamstring injury. WTF is going on at our club with training and preparing players for games? Something is amiss and this can no longer be excused or ignored.

I've just phoned the police. Well out of order. Hopefully they lock a few of them up.

Bloody referee - we should have had a pen but free kick given to Forest.

Forest look shaky at the back. If we can stay tight at the back, we can win this.

Good chance missed by grabban.

Defo there for the taking. Quite dangerous on the counter though.

HT, would settle for a draw.

Definately would take a draw but hope for three points and a clean sheet.

A few went onto the pitch to celebrate. Obviously the law says you can't so they will be thrown out but the treatment of one by the stewards was an absolute disgrace - Gallagher had to go across to ask the stewards to calm down.

Flare thrown by our fans.

Blue flares and fans on the pitch, they think its all over, prefer boot cut to flares.

PNE now 15th.

Why the fuck would you do that to celebrate 1-0? Half an hour to go, far from over and we look like a right bunch of tears regardless of the outcome.

Swore I'd never go to Forest again... The stewards are complete wankers....

Have we had this ref before? He's shit.

Wolves away sent off our player then brought him back from dressing room to show him the card in case he hadn't seen it the guys a bellend.

Great result, especially considering our injury list!

Great win. I'd have bitten your hand off at the elbow for a draw today, a win is monumental.

Absolutely immense performance.

Excellent result, and well-deserved. First time we've beaten a Karanka team?

Beat them 0-3 last season. Karanka then listed more or less the entire team the following day.

Didn't realise he was there then.

Aye, so easy to lose track of Forest managers.

Well I'm gobsmacked. I thought we would be on the receiving end of a bit of a pasting with all our injuries.

A clean sheet? Christ, I thought they were against the rules.

Forest fans are a right bunch of melts! Absolutely hilarious reading their responses on Twitter!

A very well deserved victory today with an all round disciplined team performance!

This is such a good result! I almost bet against us today as I thought we had no chance with all the injuries but couldn’t bring myself to do it.

I for one expect Forrest to be in the top six at seasons end.

We have a decimated squad, that seems to accumulate another injury each week, yesterday Barker had to make way. Forrest are a very good side this year having spent mega Millions in the summer and are scoring plenty of goals. We’ve gone there without our 2 best players (pearson and robbo), arguably 4 best player if include bodin and maguire in that bracket. A player whose just returned from Injury, a goalkeeper who had a mare the week before. Then to weather the first half pressure from Forrest, stand tall and resolute and grab the game by the scruff of the neck was brilliant to see.

Cheers CP as ever. Some balanced and some less so. We just have to take this one on the chin and move on I think.

Can’t believe it took til mid December before our third defeat.

Some interesting comments. I still think we failed to beat a very resolute PNE because we were so poor in the final third. Our delivery of crosses and final ball were appalling. We have had this problem for several seasons with the odd exception (e.g. the Villa 5-5 where we were clinical).

We are 4 points better off than last year after 21 games and 7th compared to 11th.

We were about to have a dreadful run last season which, you would hope, we will not replicate this year..

It was the type of away performance we've put in. Limit the home team to so so chances, frustrate them, try to score on the counter. Thought they stuck to their plan well.
1 defeat in 11 for them shows that they are a tough but to crack.