Unbearable adverts | Page 2 | Vital Football

Unbearable adverts

Must admit that I got severely pissed off with adverts popping up about things I really wasn't interested in - even if I was out shopping! So, I downloaded Adblock for free and. it works! On this current page it is showing 7 adverts blocked. If it wasn't for that software, I think I would have dropped 'Vitalfootball' ages ago.

The other thing it does is the site refreshes and you go to click on a link and just as you are in the process then an advert decides to resize itself so you end up clicking on completely the thread link or clicking on an advert.

I find too on a mobile that you are typing and then suddenly your typing on the screen slows to a near freeze. You can keep typing with no responses and five seconds later once it unfreezes it will sudden type what you wrote in a matter of seconds. You have to choose whether to stop typing for a few seconds or keep typing knowing it'll catch up but run the risk of autocorrelation and the need to correct.

I find too that similar happens on Internet Explorer on my work machine but when it started to freeze a bit then there is a risk of a "there is an error on this site" message and the whole site being refreshed and a loss of post.

I don't mind the odd advert and acknowledge it helps keep the site I am using free but there is also the point where the adverts encourage you to only post when the other person is terribly wrong and requires correcting.

Always use my iPad,and was enduring incessant ads,downloaded Add Blocker Plus and fingers crossed stopped issue completely

It really is f*ck*ng stupid.

Forget the techie cr*p. Just understand that:-

1. There are far too many adverts on here.

2. The majority of the adverts are too big and seem to take up the whole of the screen.

3. The adverts are of different sizes so when one changes to another, the screen moves to accommodate that change.

4. There are now adverts both on the site AND in pop ups.

5. Any time an ad updates or the ad changes, the screen freezes.

6. I think we should move sites again. It's taken me long enough to type this already

This looks like an ad campaign directed at Apple users only. Our ad chap has spotted what he thinks is the problem and removed that particular campaign.

Apologies to all - hopefully this will have stopped happening now.

I use Chrome on my phone with their ad block. I get no ads, just like it says on the tin. I know AK will have a go at me (again) for this as the site needs to make money BUT the ads used to get right on my nerves

I use Chrome on my phone with their ad block. I get no ads, just like it says on the tin. I know AK will have a go at me (again) for this as the site needs to make money BUT the ads used to get right on my nerves

I use the Chrome too, so get no ads either. But I do generate traffic, by getting people to reply to my inane ramblings, and making them annoyed when they keep seeing ads as they do it lol