In other news | Page 2 | Vital Football

In other news

Don't see myself as a racist or Nazi, just a bloke (and there are loads like me, loads), who have had enough of the shit shovelled, you can blame the tories, but the whole thing started with Tony Blair, so both lots are to blame.

Do I see Corbyn as a legitimate alternative, fuck me might as well jump into the frying pan, he has shown his cards by supporting the IRA, and applauding Chowdry at Finsbury Mosque, do you trust him???

And as for the politicians, my local one, wants to stay, when his electorate voted to leave, how does that work.

As for Australian system, ours doesn't work, theirs does, give it a go....

Let's try again ,
What exactly is wrong with giving people the chance to make a decision or to change or not change their mind based on the realities of the situation ?

Also for anyone who voted leave why did you do so and what Eu law are you looking forward to being unaffected by?

What shit is being shovelled ?

Lets put this another way, when their is full UK employment, and to continue to grow, we need further workers, then maybe open the gates, but in a way that does not bring in people who cannot/will not contribute.

And what if the country votes again to leave, what do you want next, best of 3?????

If another vote happens, the country will split, once and for all, those who have ponced on, and created project fear will have won, and you know what if you think the laws from Europe are bad now, watch they shove it right up us with new sanctions, tariffs and laws, because if we don't get out, exactly that will happen.

Taking control of my own border, will be one law I will look forward to, being able to get rid of the problem preachers will be another, anybody causing issue, out. The grooming gangs from Rotherham, and many others...out, that, and many other situations are hidden by a media that is piss frightened to be called out for reporting on it.

Agree to disagree on this, its an argument that will finally split this country....

I know fuck all about politics but from afar the UK looks like a right fucking mess at the minute. As for leaving the EU i always thought there was strength in numbers but hey ho the majority voted for it. I hope that **** boris or that idion Rees Mogg get nowhere near number 10 but its looking likely.

Lets put this another way, when their is full UK employment.

Maybe you can join the English classes with all those Johnny Foreigners.

And what if the country votes again to leave, what do you want next, best of 3?????

Dopey twat. 2-0 would be best of three.

Only dopey twat is you, you fickle ****...

Do you even understand the meaning of "fickle", you dope.

fickle
/ˈfɪk(ə)l/
adjective

1. changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections.

I don't change frequently. You do, depending on who the owner is. Fair weather, part time ****** :grinning:

Do you even understand the meaning of "fickle", you dope.

fickle
/ˈfɪk(ə)l/
adjective

1. changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections.

I don't change frequently. You do, depending on who the owner is. Fair weather, part time ****** :grinning:

Couple of things :-

1. I know how to use the reply button on the forum, unlike you.
2. My view on Ashley changed the second he worked over Keegan, he was proved to be a liar in court, and until he goes I wont go back.
Been back once, and was impressed by the lack of atmosphere created by dimwits like you.

It called having a spine walking away, unlike the jellyfish like yourselves, who think its great and support the fat one, with your cash, you call me fickle, have a good look in the mirror...

Don't really know why I feel the need to post this but I'm going to anyway

Jacking the match in has got fuck all to do with having a spine or not - it isn't about making a brave decision to call it a day

no fucker is a hero for deciding to walk away in exactly the same way no one is a coward for staying

so there you go - that's my view on that one

Had that very conversation with my best man only on Saturday over a very nice pint or 5 who still goes but is supporting the planned protest v West Ham and is boycotting the Wolves game.

Back on track..
I made no secret of the fact I was a 'remainer' mainly because I was reasonably happy with the status quo, I didn't think we had much of a hand regarding exit negotiations & I felt that the 'laws' that some people I work with wanted changing, primarilly immigration, probably weren't going to change much, if at all.
Were the potential consequences of leaving, or staying, explained prior to the vote? Personally I think that for a decision as important as this, we the clueless electorate as I'm sure our elected MP's view us, were told absolutely f' all.
From the onset I've been against another vote, purely because it would seem counter democratic (maybe that's crap) but my feelings at the mo' are;
a) would our beloved leaders inform us any clearer this time round?? methinks not.
b) I honestly don't see the vote being any different purely based on the people I work with, no disrespect to any of them but the main feelings are......... f' Europe I'm sick of them telling us what to do & lets get all these Foreigners gone.
True story: immediately after the leave vote a couple of my work colleagues were fully expecting all Eastern Europeans (we have a large contingent in our area) to be shipped out almost immediately.
I don't see that attitude changing.
On a personal note, I would like to see us take control of our borders & in the long term (prob' not my lifetime) I do see 'Brexit' (I'm beginning to detest that word) as being good for the UK.
Time will certainly tell.

I'm amazed at how ill informed some people are .

Let me make this clear. We've never not had control of our borders .

The UK has never signed up to the Schengen agreement (The Schengen Agreement allows passport-free travel within certain EU countries). We do have an Anglo-Irish free travel agreement, known as the Common Travel Area, dating back to 1923, which allows passport-free travel.

The UK chose to retain its right to independent border control and is entitled to check the identity of every individual entering the country.

Me being pedantic again but I don't recognise borders as as portrayed by the media. Lorry drivers/ferry boat captains/train drivers/pilots don't carry cash; tariffs and other taxes are paid through head offices.

Despite not signing up to Schengen, there is currently no border stopping Italian/Greek/French/Spanish workers coming to work in Pret. However, descendants of the Singhs or Kahns whose names are on the Menin Gate in abundance do face a bureaucratic border, whichever route they use to enter the UK.

Once again, it is a question of perspective. Entitlement and practice can be very different.

I read the Danes and others are upset we may try and reclaim fishing rights around the UK. I bet puffins and kittiwakes aren't because sand eels are their staple diet and Denmark and the EU are starving them out of existence. Sand eels were of little interest to British fishermen in the 70's and the Danes control 94% of the quota allowed to be caught which annually is 82,000 tons. The eels are crushed into fishmeal for Denmark's intensive salmon, mink, and livestock farms. Last year the Danish fisheries minister persuaded the EU to increase this 5.5 fold to 458,000. Retribution punishing the innocent.