Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea FC | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea FC

Sissoko's actually proven useful lately, also his touch looks less like he has powerful magnets all over his body repelling the ball whenever he tries to control it. Still a long way from an attacking threat, but he's good for the physical battle in the middle of the pitch and he's a good runner.

Need a big game from Aurier and Foyth with Tripps and Sanchez presumably still out. Unless Poch prefers to go with Dier / Toby.

Actually really tough when you have so many out to work out what best formation / players are.

Hopefully Sanchez is fit again. Couldn't see any international fixtures for Colombia and he missed the Palace squad so he's had over 2 weeks. He finished the PSV game so the hamstring was probably just tight.

Physioroom.com says that both Trips and Rose could be available at the weekend as well. Have a feeling Poch will hold them back for the CL and NLD games though.

Also noticed that Eriksen was withdrawn at half time last night. Hopefully just a club / country agreement to manage his ongoing issue.

Playing well are we?

Looking like coming close to winning the league?

How’s the cl going?

They say that a sign of a good team/squad is winning when you're not playing well...(it's open to debate - but how often have we seen big teams play like crap, get dominated and still win, then eventually play like they are champions as the league unfurls?)

We've been playing at 50-75% (arguably) of our ability since the season started.

There are unquestionably key critical reasons (not excuses) for that; when you analyse out the PS (across almost all metrics that are tracked) there are some obvious reasons staring us in the face that are driven by our shape, our differing tactics, forced line-up changes and player well being/availability, as well as the time to return to form for returnees.

Interestingly, what it suggests at the moment is that what has been observed many times over i.e. squad stability and low player addition/turnover and slow introductions of no more than 2 possibly 3 players a year, rings true. The squad dynamic and togetherness is now looking quite remarkable and an agent friend of mine who is a regular visitor to the training ground has been blown away by it in recent times as he says 'it's never been as good as it is now' - which from him is incredible praise.

As for winning the league - apart from a 1:100 year anomaly - it is controlled and won by those who can spend the most - like it or not, that is a truism indisputably driven by financial facts.

Chelseas squad this weekend is over twice the cost of ours and their wage roll reflects it versus us, it simply shows the chasm that we financially have to close before we can carrying that set of fine margins onto the pitch.

I'm optimistic that as we move forward, we will be closing that gap, but I am aware I've seen financial projections that perhaps not too many have. That said, who knows what might happen in the short immeadiate future that might change our financial dynamics far faster than anyone currently outside of a small number of people can envisage?

I predicted that we wouldn't achieve top 4 this year, but I'm beginning to think I'm wrong and that they will surprise me (and Poch too it seems for that matter!).

As for the CL - it's a great flag waver for attracting the right sort of players, but we have about as much hope of winning it as me running a record marathon. Our ambition should be to drop down and put a real effort into winning or at least getting to the closing stages of the Europa - we need the experience of doing it before we fantasize about the CL.

Realism is a bitch at times and us Spurs supporters don't often get accused of having it; but everything about us, our progress and the huge hurdles we still have to climb over should be discussed in context..imho ! :tophat::tophat:(y)

We can beat the chav's, but the one area where I think we're just too weak is midfield whereas theirs is pretty incredible.

I'm hoping for a dirty win, expect a draw, but wouldn't be surprised to see them turn us over at 'home'....

I am not looking forward to this which is a shame because in the last 5 years or so I'd be buzzing for this game at home and confident we can win.

Lets hope we turn up and surprise everyone.

THAT is the biggest load of horse manure I have ever read on here. SDY buzzing and confident we will win. I don't think so!!

:thumbup::whist:

We have players in attack, midfield & defence who are weak & lack the strength to hold their own in physical duels. The robustness of Sissoko, Wanyama & Dembele (when fit) is necessary to offset it.

We go into this game with Kane and Eriksen getting into their line-up. Perhaps one of our lot for David Luiz as well.

You could also argue that their team only has one, if not two, changes game to game. They have close to a settled best eleven and seem to be playing well to their manager's tactics.

Same tactics for us as always. Expose Luiz defensively, shackle Kante, Alonso and Hazard and watch Dele, Eriksen and Kane produce the moments of magic.

2-1 Spurs !!!

This has got 3-0 to us written all over it , with a Harry hat trick . It's November and we are about to get going . A lot of players are beginning to hit form and a lot are coming back from injury ( , Winksy ,Deli ,, Eriksen , Vic ) ........Harry's confidence is rising again and the midfield is getting stronger . COYS

This has got 3-0 to us written all over it , with a Harry hat trick . It's November and we are about to get going . A lot of players are beginning to hit form and a lot are coming back from injury ( , Winksy ,Deli ,, Eriksen , Vic ) ........Harry's confidence is rising again and the midfield is getting stronger . COYS

I hope to hold you to that come Sat night

None better game than this to finally find our groove. Just think of the confidence boost that players and fans can get from a win against them lot. Play 'wishy-washy' and grinding out results will ultimately lead to lady luck deserting us.

Eriksen said in his interview whilst on international duty, his body needed a rest. Just wished Kane admitted to it too. Alli returning to form after injury and Moura being a surprise package, imo, it's do-able. My only real concern is the midfield. So, expect another make-shift (better than wish washy!) trial. I would prefer Sissoko and Winks. But I guess too many players to fit in, so will go with Dier and Sissoko to start. Son a sub appearance as he will be returning later than most. Given the choice, I'd prefer Lamela as 1st pick from the bench.

Moura, Alli, Eriksen + Kane our advance players.

Keeping everything crossed for a good performance and 3-1 Spurs.

Playing well are we?

How’s the cl going?
Playing well are we? No we are not, unlike you I was brought up to believe that winning games while not playing well is a sign of a good side. I can't remember the last time a Spurs team did that, unbelievably you believe that's regression.

No! But I have always said I will judge this side on the points total at the end of the season not the position they finish, if we hit 85pts and don't win the league I'm ok with that. For me that shows consistency and I don't see consistency as regression.

How’s the cl going?
The time to judge that is when the group stages is over, and if we drop into Europa and win it would you consider that regression?

Your one of theses posters that consistently moan about our coach and some our players, when a player that has been very poor works hard and improves you call it regression. That is some warp thinking IMO.

About time we performed and really kick started our season.. We have accumulated massive points for us without a real suoreme performance...COYS.....

The biggest reason IMO as to why we are not playing well is lack of continuity, Chelski have only started 14 players in 12 league games and another 5 of the bench. I would surprised if we have not started close to 25 players in 12 games, we've used all 3 keepers, all four FB's and all four CB's. Every senior outfield player has started at least one game.

The biggest reason IMO as to why we are not playing well is lack of continuity, Chelski have only started 14 players in 12 league games and another 5 of the bench. I would surprised if we have not started close to 25 players in 12 games, we've used all 3 keepers, all four FB's and all four CB's. Every senior outfield player has started at least one game.
I was going to write a list ,after naming my first choice starting eleven that I would have chosen for the first game of the season , assuming all were available which would normally be the case , and then listing how many games each on that list had actually played ...................but I couldn't be arsed .
Bet I would be really surprised .
To be in the the position we are ,with the points total we have ,is brilliant. Only five more wins to be safe from relegation ,,,!,!,!!,!

So come Saturday evening will this site be crowing or moaning, over the moon or under it, delighted and excited or down and out, who scored or who should have scored, all played well or who sucked, Poch tactics were spot on or should be spat on, Shearer on MOTD eating soap or Schearer coming in his pants, ref was great or ref was pants, who needs VAR or bring it on, Super Spurs or Spursey Spurs, fast fluent exciting or dour slow drab sideyways.

The former statements will do me very nicely the latter means I am seriously pi==ed off

So come Saturday evening will this site be crowing or moaning, over the moon or under it, delighted and excited or down and out, who scored or who should have scored, all played well or who sucked, Poch tactics were spot on or should be spat on, Shearer on MOTD eating soap or Schearer coming in his pants, ref was great or ref was pants, who needs VAR or bring it on, Super Spurs or Spursey Spurs, fast fluent exciting or dour slow drab sideyways.

The former statements will do me very nicely the latter means I am seriously pi==ed off

You missed one....we were unlucky, which is my stock excuse.

Unfortunately these internationals do not help regards to continuity of the team. Lamela played last night, albeit 1st half. So travelling and presumably arriving tomorrow?. Ditto Son from his long haul. I suspect both will be on the bench.

With Kante, Jorginho and Barkley/Kovacic in their mid, we will have a rough day.

I'd really consider dropping Ali and Eriksen to CM in front of Dier, as they have the work ethic, intelligence and box to box capabilities to allow us to control that midfield.