January 2019 transfers | Page 3 | Vital Football

January 2019 transfers

Bill Punton.
Just missed him play as started going with my Dad in 67 / 68 season
so only saw him on a stadium tour :grinning:

Good points Tuckster , and if we are in the top 2 two come January I hope theBoard realise how crucial it is we regain our Premier place and tweek the squad to give us a chance of getting there . The price of failing to be promoted will mean the sale of our best players yet again

Saw Bill Punton many times...The cheer that went up if he ever headed the ball was amazing as he usually used to duck !!

A lot depends on the ambition of the player.

If he is happy to go for Big Money, fast cars and speeding fines, then take the money and sit on the bench.

If he Still Wants to do what he came for, to play football as much as he can then stay. He stands more chance of more starts here than some Big Club where he is likely to be third choice.

Pukki strikes me as one who Wants to Play as are most of our squad except a couple of the usual suspects. He'll stay probably even if we just miss out.

... Which of course, We won't.

I see Idah scored again for Ireland youth side. He looks a real good player I hope he gets a push like Cantwell, Lewis and Aarons have. With oli going, Rhodes on loan there will be space for him. Just interesting that a loan hasn't been sorted out for him.

I see Idah scored again for Ireland youth side. He looks a real good player I hope he gets a push like Cantwell, Lewis and Aarons have. With oli going, Rhodes on loan there will be space for him. Just interesting that a loan hasn't been sorted out for him.

I wonder if its a case that we have to wait for Idah to turn 18 before we can ask him to sign a professional contract (lasting years with serious money) and not an Academy agreement?

Interesting that Bailey thinks that Godfrey's career might be elsewhere. He says that because Godfrey sees himself as a holding midfielder but DF sees him as a defender and if we went up would Godfrey play? if we stay in the championship he might be if Klose stays then he wouldn't?

I think the lad has talent and should be seen as Tettey's replacement.

It will be interesting if we go up then you'd think we would need at least 5/6 new players and that might mean a few are sold who are deemed fringe/or not good/ready for prem. If we stay down then we will probably have to sell a few key players and bring in the younger chaps. Also, if we go up Klose stays if we don't does he leave? Same with Tettey if we go up do we move on if we stay down will he still be a key player in midfield?

The end of him can’t come quick enough for me . He is a constant reminder of last seasons failings along with Jerome

Agreed, a shame as he was very good that one season but just fell out with DF's game style he was so crap last season but still scored 11. Has talent but time to cash in something for him

A poor attitude has negatively affected many careers. Nelson is just another one.
I hope we can get some decent cash for him.

Do we have Hull on Tuesday? I still remember the game last season where we threw it away. Seems a tad unfair that we have another away game in such a short space of time but I guess we will have two home games in a row (or already have)....just looked and next weekend we are at home and the same the following weekend.

Rotherham and Bolton - they are the type of games that we slip up on but I must be positive.