Sunday Chimes - The links | Page 10 | Vital Football

Sunday Chimes - The links

Andre Green became the latest addition to the Pompey squad on Wednesday when he completed a loan switch from Aston Villa.

Well, well, well.. if there's one thing I think is a good sign, its when fans are peed off about one of their own going out on loan.. and that certainly seems to be the case with Andre Green.. Hamstring's a bit of a worry, but I'm trusting Kenny Overcoat on this one.. I'm liking what I'm reading.. :thumbup:

That, the apparent injury issues he might have, is the only concern I really have about Green, to be honest.

Quality player, that much I know. Yes, most clubs rave about a player when loaned out, but not only have Villa fans praised Green, many of them are gutted, livid even, he's been allowed to leave for this loan.

All being well we'll be reaping the benefits.

He'll need a bit to settle in, made debut tonight I believe - but once he finds his feet you should be impressed. The boy has oodles of talent and has been held back by injury, namely because just as Steve Bruce started relying on him going down injured Bruce has replaced him and he's slipped down the pecking order.

Young, so has consistency issues, and in fairness a lot of the reaction from Villans has been over the top as it suits the anti-Bruce agenda some of the loudest have BUT I'd have been happy for him to learn in the first team this year and wouldn't have touched Yannick Bolasie with somebody else's bargepole.

He'll have bad and anonymous games but when he fires he fires.

He'll need a bit to settle in, made debut tonight I believe - but once he finds his feet you should be impressed. The boy has oodles of talent and has been held back by injury, namely because just as Steve Bruce started relying on him going down injured Bruce has replaced him and he's slipped down the pecking order.

Young, so has consistency issues, and in fairness a lot of the reaction from Villans has been over the top as it suits the anti-Bruce agenda some of the loudest have BUT I'd have been happy for him to learn in the first team this year and wouldn't have touched Yannick Bolasie with somebody else's bargepole.

He'll have bad and anonymous games but when he fires he fires.

Cheers Fieldy, appreciated the views here from a Villa fan, one I know is rational too... well, kind of!

Think I'll look to do something with this in the coming days.

He'll Have Bad And Anonymous Games

These thoughts, “he'll have bad and anonymous games”, were shared about on-loan Aston Villa forward Andre Green prior to Pompey’s draw with Shrewsbury.

Click here for more.

Sunday Chimes #166 – Unbeaten record goes but still top

They say that football is a funny game. Pompey surrendered their unbeaten record in a meek manner but somehow managed to extend their lead at the top of the table.

Click here for more.

Sunday Chimes #167 – Pompey forced to hold on for win

We appeared to be coasting to an easy three points. The game then swung to Wimbledon, it was backs to the wall as Pompey dug deep to take the points.

Click here for more.

Sunday Chimes #168 – Oli nods Pompey six points clear

Hawkins header stretched Pompey’s lead at the top of League One to six points in a tight and rarely exciting encounter with Fleetwood.

Click here for more.

Sunday Chimes #169 – Pompey pick up a point

Pompey picked up a very useful point at Accrington to keep themselves two points clear at the top with the pack closing, but it should probably have been all three.

Click Here For More.

Sunday Chimes #170 - Pompey cling on to the points

Gareth Evans put Pompey ahead on twelve minutes and they held on in a game best remembered for the number of chances missed by both sides.

Click Here For More.

Aston Villa Loanee Happy With Return

An injury early in his Pompey spell has restricted his impact, but on-loan Aston Villa forward Andre Green made his return in the midweek win over Tottenham’s U21 side.

Click Here For More.

Sunday Chimes #171 – Pompey stay top of the table

Pompey did not play but held on to their top of the table slot thanks to a Fred Onyedinma goal for Wycombe before Josh Maja levelled things for Sunderland late on.

Click Here For More.

Sunday Chimes #172 – Pompey hang on again!

Pompey stretched their lead at the top of League One to four points with yet another away win – their first – at Scunthorpe’s Glanford Park.

Click Here For More.