City Gossip | Page 8 | Vital Football

City Gossip

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh :censor:

BBC tv news this morning as they introduced the headlines, the “Breakaway European Super League” article was mentioned over a video clip of the City squad celebrating the PL title last season.

FFS. For all the video clips that could be used they show that one?

I wouldn't mind Delph deputising if for no other reason than to top off a pretty good week for the former Villa midfielder, although he might be required at left back.

I see Didier Drogba has bought into the usual "my grannie could win the league with that squad" BS in order to big up his old boss.

I am not convinced.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...eague-with-manchester-city-says-didier-drogba

Fake News! - doesn't mention Granny once.

I think Jose probably would have won the league with the City squad, provided he's been able to take the brakes off. Where did Jose start to be so defensive minded - when you think back to Chelsea where he played 4-3-3 with Duff, Drogba and Robben in attack and Lamps popping up in the box to score at will it just seems odd. Maybe he just needs to stop fetishising centre backs and buy a couple of creative midfielders for the swamp first XI?

Fake News! - doesn't mention Granny once.

I think Jose probably would have won the league with the City squad, provided he's been able to take the brakes off. Where did Jose start to be so defensive minded - when you think back to Chelsea where he played 4-3-3 with Duff, Drogba and Robben in attack and Lamps popping up in the box to score at will it just seems odd. Maybe he just needs to stop fetishising centre backs and buy a couple of creative midfielders for the swamp first XI?

He was always defence first, that's how he won the CL with Porto, when he took the reins at Chelsea there was a plethora of attacking talent at his disposal so they were always going to look good going forward but he shored up their defence to the point that they conceded just half the number of goals they conceded the season before under Ranieri.

At the time of his departure at Chelsea the first time around it was reported that he was at odds with Abramovich over playing style, Abramovich wanted a free flowing, attacking style but Mourinho wanted a more cautious, pragmatic approach.

As for him winning leagues with City's squad, I get the impression the current City squad isn't physical enough for his style.

He was always defence first, that's how he won the CL with Porto, when he took the reins at Chelsea there was a plethora of attacking talent at his disposal so they were always going to look good going forward but he shored up their defence to the point that they conceded just half the number of goals they conceded the season before under Ranieri.

At the time of his departure at Chelsea the first time around it was reported that he was at odds with Abramovich over playing style, Abramovich wanted a free flowing, attacking style but Mourinho wanted a more cautious, pragmatic approach.

As for him winning leagues with City's squad, I get the impression the current City squad isn't physical enough for his style.

But how could he convince this City team to play sideways, with fear in their hearts and one eye on the rear view mirror? This City team is built for all out attack baby, even Jose would be forced to put the bus in the garage and succumb...