Sam Byram | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sam Byram

I think he's a modern left back for an attacking, high tempo team. Which we aren't...

Genuinely - I do see your viewpoint, however - defending (and being able to defend) is just as important as attacking.

We are weaker with Ben at LB (with our current style of play & set up) and other teams exploit that.

I think Ben is better suited to a role in front of a full back, I'm also of the opinion he could play in the No.10 role but, he is clearly behind others in AK's eyes.

Genuinely - I do see your viewpoint, however - defending (and being able to defend) is just as important as attacking.

We are weaker with Ben at LB (with our current style of play & set up) and other teams exploit that.

I think Ben is better suited to a role in front of a full back, I'm also of the opinion he could play in the No.10 role but, he is clearly behind others in AK's eyes.

The stats didn't back you up...if it had been Ben being caught horribly out of position as Robinson was on Saturday, or the ridiculous diving, reckless tackling etc you and others would have been all over him.

Not sure what game you was watching CP but the one i saw Robinson played very well in.
Much stronger at left back than Ben.
Not even close.

The stats didn't back you up...if it had been Ben being caught horribly out of position as Robinson was on Saturday, or the ridiculous diving, reckless tackling etc you and others would have been all over him.

Not sure what game you was watching CP but the one i saw Robinson played very well in.
Not even close.
The last couple of games has seen our back four look far more solid with
Ben not at left back ..........:hmmm:

Not even close.
The last couple of games has seen our back four look far more solid with
Ben not at left back ..........:hmmm:

You don't remember Pants having to rush from goal...We're set up more defensively so big surprise we're more solid. That aside I agree he's defensively stronger but a fullback has a very different role nowadays, and Robinson offers very little going forward. No coincidence either we rarely score or create much.

You don't remember Pants having to rush from goal...We're set up more defensively so big surprise we're more solid. That aside I agree he's defensively stronger but a fullback has a very different role nowadays, and Robinson offers very little going forward. No coincidence either we rarely score or create much.

We created four or five very good chances Saturday.
Only a combination of some World class goalkeeping and Grabban lacking his usual composure in front of goal stopped us beating a very strong Stoke side.

We created four or five very good chances Saturday.
Only a combination of some World class goalkeeping and Grabban lacking his usual composure in front of goal stopped us beating a very strong Stoke side.

I agree he's done well defensively but a modern fullback needs both sides to his game.

He averages a cross every 5 games, a dribble every 3 games and has 0 assists.

Stats can be made to say anything - but they will not convince me of Osborn being at best a below average fullback.

Robinson is a significantly better defender than Ben - proven on a multitude of occasions & most recently at Burton! AK must agree as Osborn is not playing.

Unlike others, I do feel that Ben has a role to play and that is at LM/W.

I agree he's done well defensively but a modern fullback needs both sides to his game.

He averages a cross every 5 games, a dribble every 3 games and has 0 assists.

I do not disagree that he needs to contribute more going forward BUT a defenders primary role is to defend.

You're stuck in the 80s...

Maybe so - but I know a full back when I see one & Osborn isn't. He can't head it, he is positionally woeful - lacks the pace to be a 'modern' full back, lacks physicality and can't tackle.

Just double checking - as I don't want to cause offence - are you Benny's Father, Uncle, Agent, Brother, Mother, Sister or grandparent?

His last performance at LB was majestic, in that defeat at Burton and he now rightly finds himself on the bench, behind a marginally above average Championship left back.

For too long, Forest have had to score 2-3 to secure a result - we can agree to disagree, I know you will do the latter - but, it would be interesting to see how many others share your views on Ben as a modern left back?

As I keep on saying, I am not saying he is a bad footballer - far from it - he gives 110% effort all the time, technically good and he has been a great servant to NFFC during a pretty substandard period in our history.

If Forest have aspirations to secure promotion - this will not happen with Ben at LB - questionable whether we would with Robinson, which is why I think another LB will be on the January shopping list.

You seem to be very much in the minority that thinks Osborn is a better option at left back than Robinson.
In fact i don't think i've seen or heard anyone else prefer Osborn at left back .
He is a weak link when he plays there.

You seem to be very much in the minority that thinks Osborn is a better option at left back than Robinson.
In fact i don't think i've seen or heard anyone else prefer Osborn at left back .

First few games Robinson looked much poorer than Osborn at LB, but now the tables appear to have turned.

It’s the other side that’s been the biggest revelation I can’t believe the improvement in Darz it’s like he’s a different player. I know it’s only been a few weeks but it’s just a complete turnaround

Agree - he is definitely targetted by opposition managers.

It’s the other side that’s been the biggest revelation I can’t believe the improvement in Darz it’s like he’s a different player. I know it’s only been a few weeks but it’s just a complete turnaround

Have to agree, after Janko's first few games - I didn't think we'd see Derrick again!

Janko was even worse than Osborn at Burton

I think Robinson is the better option if we want to continue prioritising safety over adventure.
Maybe so - but I know a full back when I see one & Osborn isn't. He can't head it, he is positionally woeful - lacks the pace to be a 'modern' full back, lacks physicality and can't tackle.

Just double checking - as I don't want to cause offence - are you Benny's Father, Uncle, Agent, Brother, Mother, Sister or grandparent?

His last performance at LB was majestic, in that defeat at Burton and he now rightly finds himself on the bench, behind a marginally above average Championship left back.

For too long, Forest have had to score 2-3 to secure a result - we can agree to disagree, I know you will do the latter - but, it would be interesting to see how many others share your views on Ben as a modern left back?

As I keep on saying, I am not saying he is a bad footballer - far from it - he gives 110% effort all the time, technically good and he has been a great servant to NFFC during a pretty substandard period in our history.

If Forest have aspirations to secure promotion - this will not happen with Ben at LB - questionable whether we would with Robinson, which is why I think another LB will be on the January shopping list.

Should we fuck off everyone who had a stinker v Burton?

You mean the way Robinson was out of position on Saturday and nearly cost us a goal or our keeper?

The targeting thing is nonsense. You claimed this before, we looked at the match stats and there wasn't one single cross by the opposition down his side. Yes I know stats blah blah. Much better to make up imaginary nonsense and claim that as fact than use empirical evidence.