Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10th

• 11th or lower

• Total voters
D

Departed

So......we are ahead of where most of us thought we'd be. Hard to tell exactly without the season comparison thread being updated. :grinning:

However, the emergence of Lamela, Sissoko and Moura has given new hope to what was once thought a depleted and tired squad.

What say you?

Still going 5th/6th

Next two league games will tell us a lot.

Lose both and heads could drop completely

Agree Kin, if we manage to get 1 win out of the next 2 games I may change my mind but at the moment I can't see how we're capable of beating any of the top sides, to finish any higher than 5th you need to pick up some wins against your rivals.

I can't believe so many believe Le Arse will finish above us, 4th for me. But if we can tough it out till Jan who knows.
I have got to believe our injuries will clear up and Levy will spend in Jan.

As nice as being in the new stadium will be it will definitely hinder us to begin with, probably even more so than what Wembley is.

At least if we move in January it will give us half a season to get used to it before next season/.

We are not playing as well as we can, but we are displaying a stubbornness that I believe is the next step in our development.
Levy and Poch have missed a couple of opportunity to cement this progress, but I have a feeling Jan will be a good one for us. We are so close, but the team needs a lift that a quality signing brings IMO.
Foyth is coming along nicely as is Winks, such a shame Amos is out for the season. I'm no longer worrying about losing Toby, I know we'll only get £25m for him in the summer (If he leaves) but it's allowed Foyth to develop. Jan is the one we need to hang onto for another couple of years.

We are not playing as well as we can, but we are displaying a stubbornness that I believe is the next step in our development.
Levy and Poch have missed a couple of opportunity to cement this progress, but I have a feeling Jan will be a good one for us. We are so close, but the team needs a lift that a quality signing brings IMO.
Foyth is coming along nicely as is Winks, such a shame Amos is out for the season. I'm no longer worrying about losing Toby, I know we'll only get £25m for him in the summer (If he leaves) but it's allowed Foyth to develop. Jan is the one we need to hang onto for another couple of years.
Top, a sincere question...

When was the last time under Poch we signed someone that gave the team a lift.. Moura comes to mind, but needed 6 months to contribute, as have a handful of other signings. Not sure why a) you expect Levy to change his habit and b) for the newbie to contribute from the off.

IMO Levy has got us where he wanted us to be... Tempered expectations. I genuinely hope I am proven wrong.

Top, a sincere question...

When was the last time under Poch we signed someone that gave the team a lift.. Moura comes to mind, but needed 6 months to contribute, as have a handful of other signings. Not sure why a) you expect Levy to change his habit and b) for the newbie to contribute from the off.

IMO Levy has got us where he wanted us to be... Tempered expectations. I genuinely hope I am proven wrong.

Toby and Wanyama are the only signings that broke into our 11 and made a huge impact coming in. All the rest, including Son and Moura, don't come close to the level of these 2.

I agree with Critical...even if we buy in January we are unlikely to see the players until late in the season if at all...I would guess any January business would be about buying ahead for next season, unless Poch is going in the Summer in which case no point buying neforeb5hen.

If we buy a CM I'd expect us to see them sooner rather than later as our injuries are unlikely to ease up too much. Winks is a kite injury prone, Dembele is crocked, Wanyama looks like a sicknote.

Whether said CM has a major impact is another question but we can't afford to give them 6 months to bed in.

Still 4th......for me that means coming 1st in a 3 horse race with Arsenal and Utd. I also have a feeling that once City shakes off Liverpool and Chelsea, their heads will drop a little and we'll see them dropping points.

I have gone for 5th for the simple reasons I can't see us signing anyone in January for this season. Plus our luck for scrapping through games is going to run out at some point.

Well one this is for sure...we seem to be punching above our weight again...and we are not even playing that well yet.

If, and this is a huge IF, we start playing better defense, start finishing at a more reasonable rate...and I think the most critical IF...Kane begins looking like Kane...we may make a run at this bitch.

Lots of ifs...but we have kept our name in the mix and that says something.

I honestly have no idea where we will finish, but I still think we are on a knife's edge...this could go very badly meaning we could land as low as 6th...or we could continue to surprise and land top 4.

A lot will depend on who copes best with the Christmas fixture pile-up. Or at least who suffers the least as it will test the depth of all the squads around us, that's for sure!

I still think 4th is realistic with City, Liverpool and Chelsea making up the top three.

A lot will depend on who copes best with the Christmas fixture pile-up. Or at least who suffers the least as it will test the depth of all the squads around us, that's for sure!

I still think 4th is realistic with City, Liverpool and Chelsea making up the top three.
On topic we are in a race with Arsenal and United. Having smashed one away already, another win and a draw against either will probably see us home.