Two Week Break from Competive Football ,Good or Bad Thing? | Vital Football

Two Week Break from Competive Football ,Good or Bad Thing?

Redimps1

Vital Squad Member
I just thought i would see what people thought about our unintentional 2 week break after winning our last 2 games and playing well after our so called mini slump.
Personally i think its a good thing to allow our walking wounded a little rest and recuperation,a well earned extra day or two off before the hectic xmas period.Training and working on defence and set pieces and a behind closed doors friendly next week i would imagine.

It's boring isn't it! For the team though I think the Cowley's will make good use of the break so it should be beneficial.

Good, as said above a nice little “rest” before Xmas and some extra training.. nice to have the break off a back of a win from a tough period.

We’ll find out for sure in a fortnight but 2 teams at opposite ends of the extreme - us with no games and Mansfield Tues Sat Tues.

I’d rather have our schedule than theirs but I think having the scheduled match vs Yeovil still on would have been ideal.

With the few niggles and injuries we have it is a good thing but if the squad was fully fit and playing well momentum can be difficult to regain so such a gap could have work against us. There is also the issue of a long midweek trip to Yeovil to arrange also.

But on the balance of it this is a good thing

I’d go with a couple of days off for the players at the start of the two weeks. Then we can have a mini pre season-type thing. time for more training and attention to fine detail, things our management thrive on.

Also gives them some more time to scout and plan for the January sales.

Ideal for them, but what to talk about on here for two weeks??

A shame not to have a game on Saturday (and to probably lose top spot) but it's good for the team. Lots of recent injuries have put a strain on the squad so the fortnight off could not have come at a better time.

On balance a good thing on this occasion. Concur with the recharge reasoning also we have gone into the mini break on two wins so not fretting on a run of bad results.

MK Dons are at home to Macclesfield on Saturday. You would expect them to take 3 points, and so that means we will no longer be top of the league. MK will be 1 point ahead, although we will have a game in hand.

A shame not to have a game on Saturday (and to probably lose top spot) but it's good for the team. Lots of recent injuries have put a strain on the squad so the fortnight off could not have come at a better time.
Can you imagine if we don't lose top spot....

Come on you Imps!!!!!!!

And......

Come on Silkmen!!!!!!!

MK Dons are at home to Macclesfield on Saturday. You would expect them to take 3 points, and so that means we will no longer be top of the league. MK will be 1 point ahead, although we will have a game in hand.
It will be a shame if, as expected, MK win. I was hoping to be wire to wire champions ! ( I count match 5 as the first valid league table;))

Let Mk Dons be the scalp of the league. They can taste what it’s like for all the other teams to step their game up 10% because they are top.