Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

No need to get ageist and offensive Geoffrey ,I think you need to understand that other peoples opinions are as valid as your mates .So if I was you I would dispense with the personal comments . Nice you can fall back on your 'expert mates' opinion other than your own . I have refereed in England. Coached youth football In Greece and played semi Professional in Holland .I trust my opinion too .

Sat in the Selenity with a real good view of the Ellis sending off. As soon as it happened I thought that coukd well be a red card. He was going in for it as the ball going away from him, his left foot went over the ball and hit the Cambridge player shin high. It coukd have been a yellow but a red wasn't an outrageous decision. If there is a video from the same angle as I saw it I doubt it will be overturned.
Really gutted for Ellis as obviously no intent But i think it was in the reckless class.

Well, only one place to start on that game. The red and the inept ref. I am gutted for Chapman because that was a rare chance for him to show what he was capable of, and for the 21 minutes he was on the pitch he looked a quality prospect. On first viewing I was shocked when I saw the referee reach for his pocket as I didn't think it warranted a yellow. Then to see the red appear was beyond baffling after no consultation with the linesmen (who must have had a better view). I thought maybe the tackle was worse than it looked and maybe there were raised studs. On viewing available clips back it seems that my gut instinct was correct. Unfortunately for the referee, he didn't improve during the game. He missed two stonewall penalties, one for each team, and completely lost control of the game with the home fans understandably giving him some grief. He even struggled with simple decisions. The half time interval came at a good time for the referee, a statement that should never be made during a football match. Mercifully for him, the game simmered down second half.

Taking away the red card I think a draw was probably a fair result, though we arguably created the better chances. The stats will show that Cambridge had a bucket load of shots, but most of them were potshots from outside the area. They played some neat stuff today, but take that with a pinch of salt since the majority of that was against 10 men. They could continue to struggle if they can't improve their finishing.

The two goals were both superb. Ours came from fantastic work from andrade to win the ball and deliver a peach of a cross for Rhead. I didn't think rhead would reach it but pulls off a superb header. At that point I thought we would be comfortable after andrade put in another dangerous ball. Then out of nowhere Cambridge score an incredible solo goal, one that had the home fans applauding.

Despite being down to 10 men for 70 minutes we created some good chances and probably should have score at least one more. Botswick missed a sitter, we had two cleared off the line and a couple of goalmouth scrambles. However, what a fantastic effort from everyone to not concede when down to 10 men. Credit to all the players for putting an incredible shift in.

Genuinely think that a point today in the circumstances is a billant result, though I have no doubt we would have taken all three if we had a half decent ref. Thankfully the results went our way today aswell so very minimal damage done towards our promotion push this weekend.

Unfortunately for us, we've got a game on Tuesday. Last Tuesday match against Tranmere we had we looked very tired at the end of the match and today won't help! Key that we start the game we'll and take a lead. Fingers crossed the appeal is overturned and some of our injured players return.

No need to get ageist and offensive Geoffrey ,I think you need to understand that other peoples opinions are as valid as your mates .So if I was you I would dispense with the personal comments . Nice you can fall back on your 'expert mates' opinion other than your own . I have refereed in England. Coached youth football In Greece and played semi Professional in Holland .I trust my opinion too .

I think you were offensive first...so I merely repaid the compliment. I trusted his opinion as I didn't see it. If his opinion is wrong....and it is over turned then I will happily admit it was. But at the end of the day....The only opinion that matters is the one with the whistle. As that's what it says on the scoresheet.

Never a red in a million years, the ref had a shocker and spoilt what was turning out to be a decent game. I am not sure of the refs history but really looks like a guy promoted from the conference well before his years. Attention seeking, trying to make a name for himself.

It was a good point in the end given other results and agree with Luke Cambridge were tippy tappy but toothless up top.

As for the weekly Akinde I felt he led an isolated role superbly, I really don’t know what he is expected to do in those circumstances?

DC can’t sign a striker, what is Jeff talking about. Fair play to Ollie Palmer he’s doing well but if you are pinning your hopes on him, I think forum contribution maybe your Achilles heel.

Wake up old timer. It was not me who saw it like this, but the view of a trusted friend whom also has officiated regularly. He doesn't view it with red and white spectacles on. He just called it. I trust his opinion over yours....8 days a week.

Your mate appears to be in a minority of one. He's not the ref's dad, is he? ?

If we're getting support in the appeal from the "victim", it would seem that your trust is misplaced.

I think you were offensive first...so I merely repaid the compliment. I trusted his opinion as I didn't see it. If his opinion is wrong....and it is over turned then I will happily admit it was. But at the end of the day....The only opinion that matters is the one with the whistle. As that's what it says on the scoresheet.

So you have an opinion on something you did not see? Priceless

Fair result in the end!
Not good enough eyes to see from the Coop the Chapman red however for me its obviously a bad decision when there manager and remarkably there player will support the appeal.
Re the "stonewall penalties" i thought theres was but the refs view was blocked,ours i thought it wasnt.
Onto tuesday and hopefully a good ref and 3points.

I don't know how we got a man sent off and then had a stonewall penalty not given. Clearly another ref that was here to ruin everything. Utterly clueless.

I have a good view in the Coop and the challenge didn’t look good, but certainly not a red, the ref made a quick decision, unfortunately for us the wrong decision. The ref was poor, and Cambridge not bad, they moved the ball well and scored a very good goal. Just one of those days again spoilt by a crap ref...

It makes me feel so good when it’s not me getting in the argument.

Although being the intolerable person I am, I will still have my input.

I would say, having watched the clip a few times the lack of pace in the play at that point should have saved him for just a yellow. It was bad where the contact was but he didn’t dive in so I would have said no red.

There's a video of it on twitter, Stacey West blog, looks like a block tackle to me.
Thought bostwick missed a couple of sitters and how Wharton missed that header in the second half I'll never know. They had plenty of the ball but were very powder puff

There's a video of it on twitter, Stacey West blog, looks like a block tackle to me.
Thought bostwick missed a couple of sitters and how Wharton missed that header in the second half I'll never know. They had plenty of the ball but were very powder puff
It was indeed a slightly late block tackle, pretty much in front of me in Senility, dodgy yellow at most. It will be overturned 100%. Ref? Cock!

I'm not sure which I'm most amazed by. The ridiculous red card, or the Cambridge keeper running the clock down against 10 men!
On the penalty decisions, thought theirs was. Big John has to be stronger for his and was one of the very few things the dick head got right.

On the plus side. I had to listen to local bbc radio Cumbria, Carlisle were poor and lost to Macclesfield so, hopefully, we should have enough to get the three points on Tuesday.

What I liked about the first 20 mins, is that Rhead played as a proper CF....not a diagonal hoof it to him man. All around me were saying that Cowley got the subs wrong. Maybe he should have put Green on for Akinde. I have to say I think JA is badly out of form. Rheady scored a blinder. The run he made to anticipate that cross was brilliant and on recent form I just couldn't see JA loloping to meet the ball with the same effect.

Perhaps we could have saved a bit of dosh and stuck with second joint top scorer for League Two...Ollie Palmer instead. Danny has never had much luck with signing strikers. Perhaps this is his Achilles heel.
Utter nonsense