New pitch update. | Page 7 | Vital Football

New pitch update.

Not sure tjats true. Autumn is a very popular time to lay grass as you get a couple of months of growth before it all stops over the summer. In fact in the story he is quoted as saying they needed to move fast to fit the new pitch into the window required as they wouldn't be able to do it in a month's time for example.

I was generalising , mother nature etc.
Autumn is a time of seed , not growth.
Not sure how much land that you tend to , but I can only comment on what I have , and how things grow.

The ideal time would be spring , but is often forced to occur at the end of season.

I was wondering if the new pitch was likely to bring any new revenue streams? Reserve or Ladies games are unlikely to be a money spinner regardless of results or opposition.The odd international maybe under 16 /18 or the like or even senior international games some lower level team do play a few games on English grounds from time to time. Rugby league? I know they are expanding south and even into new countries. The game in not that well loved dowe here but it did draw a crowd when the London team played here a few years ago.A new franchise maybe?Could bring new investment .The league does not dig up the pitch like union .

I was generalising , mother nature etc.
Autumn is a time of seed , not growth.
Not sure how much land that you tend to , but I can only comment on what I have , and how things grow.

The ideal time would be spring , but is often forced to occur at the end of season.

Taken from the RHS - what would they know

When to lay turf. Turf is best laid in mid-autumn, but can be laid any time between mid-autumn and late winter whenever the soil is not too wet or frosty. In spring and autumn little mowing is needed so newly-laid turf can be left relatively undisturbed for several weeks.

Taken from the RHS - what would they know

When to lay turf. Turf is best laid in mid-autumn, but can be laid any time between mid-autumn and late winter whenever the soil is not too wet or frosty. In spring and autumn little mowing is needed so newly-laid turf can be left relatively undisturbed for several weeks.

Autumn only started a week ago. Is it too late to dig it back up and wait a month or so?

Radio Kent stated that the pitch was ahead of schedule .This was almost certainly before today.Let's hope today's weather isn't a major problem.

Nice pictures of the completed pitch on the club's twitter feed. The installing company have got pictures of other recent installations including Leicester and Gloucester Premiership Rugby clubs and Brentford FC.

It will be good to see how it plays on Saturday. Everyone should boo the first long ball punt out of defence though. We've got a decent surface now - lets play on it.

It will be good to see how it plays on Saturday. Everyone should boo the first long ball punt out of defence though. We've got a decent surface now - lets play on it.

It will take the players a few games to get used to it - well that will be the next excuse

You little bitch.

But ironically that excuse may be true - we are not used to playing on "grass".
Years ago teams getting to finals at Wembley had the same problems. they had spent most of the season playing in mud and then had to play on the Wembley hallowed turf

I'm sure these guys know what they're doing but find it hard to believe a pitch can be played on just days after being laid. Surely the turf will just lift as the roots haven't had time to grow into the soil?
Anyone know how that is avoided?

I'm sure these guys know what they're doing but find it hard to believe a pitch can be played on just days after being laid. Surely the turf will just lift as the roots haven't had time to grow into the soil?
Anyone know how that is avoided?
That’s what got me. I don’t doubt it as their website claim/show that they’ve done it in 3 days previously with Brentford. The video on the installers’ website shows the roots upon being rolled into place. At the moment you can see each square/roll of grass, so I’m interested to see if it looks like one seamless pitch on Saturday.

https://www.countyturf.co.uk/eclipse-hybrid-turf

I remember when Rochdale did similar ahead of their game with Spurs. The pitch looked a patchwork in places but seemed to play okay.