Bristol City V Aston Villa: FRI, 28th, 7.45, (Sky) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bristol City V Aston Villa: FRI, 28th, 7.45, (Sky)

Our best away result was 3-1 at Hull, first match of the season and wait a minute, a proper centre half scored in that one. Steadily worse since then and Bristol probably can’t wait to get at us and our over paid prima donnas.
All signs are we will concede 3 or more but you never know, we live in hope.
Wicked Messenger 3-0 City

I woke early on Saturday, I'd decided I didn't want to spend £50+ on train fare and ticket despite the mid-week win. I was overcome with a sense of happiness, not by the thought that we may now be on a good run of victories, but that we might lose and that would be the back of Bruce. For the first time in almost 60 years I was looking forward to losing! I know, it doesn't make sense!

But when news of the wonder goal came through and we were back in the game, I was overcome with a sense of dreed. I know, it doesn't make sense!

Luckily Bruce, for the first time ever made me happy! Wednesday went back in front, I know, it doesn't make sense!

I can't tell you how happy I felt at the end, my wife was convinced we must have won and said "petty you didn't go" she still thinks we must have won despite me telling, through a smile, that we lost!! I know, it doesn't make sense!

I was so convinced that Bruce would be gone I have spent every waking hour looking out for the official notice that "Bruce has gone". But here we are three days off the next match and no news and it looks like Bruce will be in charge on Friday, I know, it doesn't make sense!

So I'll wake on Friday but will I be able, for the second time in 60 odd years be wishing for a loss? I don't think I can, I know, It doesn't make sense!

I'll more than likely spend the weekend in a state of depression, luckily for the wife she will be away visiting friends. The cats will be confused they don't normally hide till 3pm on Saturday, I'm convinced now that the new owners are convinced that they have to stick with Bruce, as someone else said he has the knack of pulling out a run when the heat is on him, we will be tempted by the possibility of the play-offs until it is all too late. But maybe it's the lot of being a Villa fan! why do we put our selves through it? I know, it doesn't make sense!!!

I'm sort of with you there Les51

I really came out of the game not at all bothered as I knew it was another nail in this con man's coffin so to speak.
A few steps back to move forward.
Sounds ridiculous I know but that's how it was.

Just a shame the owners don't know the game well enough to realise it is time for a change

I don't think it is actually wishing for a loss per se, more of an expectation, an inevitability to the outcome. I didn't even crack a smile when I saw it was 1-1, just knew that I would be wasting emotional energy if I dared to hope.

We've been here too often recently and I for one have become numb to the losses. I don't wish them, as I see Bruce going before the international break whatever results come our way. Think we will draw on Friday, standard Bruce form after a horrible defeat - work on defence, suffocate the life out of the game. We will be set up for 0-0.

I’m told the Yong geezer called Tube from Man U is a centre back so play him with Chester. Conner left back with Dutch kid left wing. Bree right back eith Everton geezer right wing.
Whelan McGinn central
Tam kodgia up front live in hope

Get a few partnerships going , might build a team.
Or are they just not good enough

Know what you mean Mcparland.
It's a horrible time. Of course I want us to win. I cannot under any circumstances wish a loss. But having said that , deep down I know that Bruce's days a numbered so it might aswell be sooner rather than later. However to make it sooner we need to lose on Friday. Add to that the feeling that if we win it's no more of a sign that things are turning in our favour because the evidence with Bruce at Villa is that we do not go on a run capable of sustaining a challenge. So what's the point of winning just to get stuck in this slog again with him. Wish the owners would act now.

It's just crap. Sick of this season already. Grounding day with the seemingly never ending cycle of crises being around the corner .

I see Bruce slipping and banging his head in the shower on Friday morning and then setting up the team to play fast, fluid, attacking, attractive football.

Then I wake up and although the heart hates it, the brain says a 3-1 defeat.

We could actually win this. We definitely should. But I got to the point on Saturday where I actually just went out and did some gardening. I want the future to begin, and if a loss helps that so be it.
Agree with you Mcc that it's now more fun to catch up on odd jobs than suffer this humiliating football.
It's that bad I turned fox sport off to save me some cash and sleep!
Here in oz its 4am for an evening game, between 12 and 1am for a 3;00 uk kick off.
My eye bags are starting to fade.
Some positives for us both?

Back in the UK so will feel duty bound to watch it live. The little prick of a manager at Bristol City will be well up for this game, whereas Bruce looks tired and devoid of a way to organise and motivate us. I hope I'm wrong but I can only see a Bristol win.

I see Bruce slipping and banging his head in the shower on Friday morning and then setting up the team to play fast, fluid, attacking, attractive football.

Then I wake up and although the heart hates it, the brain says a 3-1 defeat.

He's banged his head a few times (does make you wonder!?) but he never wakes up seeing the light:grinning:Steve-Bruce-at-the-press-conference-for-the-Brighton-game-Screengrab-from-Aston-Villas-press-c...jpg