Brighton v Tottenham Hotspur | Page 10 | Vital Football

Brighton v Tottenham Hotspur

The Watford game has probably come at about the right time. It's a no brainer for me that Lamela plays in his current form and given a chance to claim a more regular starting berth. He's done well in his cameos.

Ditto with Gazza, who I would give him another chance on Weds. I'm not convinced he's good enough to be Lloris's number 2, but we have no chance to resolve that until January at the earliest. More game time wouldn't be a bad thing if Lloris is still crocked.

Vorm should never of had his contract extended. Clearly way past his best.

I like that Gazz seems comfortable using his feet. He is a wrecking ball type keeper though. For the goal they had disallowed he was terrible.

When under pressure he will cost us plenty of goals. Nowhere near good enough for us.

We must be looking for a new number 2.

What's the thinking on Luke Whitman? Anyone know if he's seen as the future in the club, or just another decent youth keeper who will end up being sold to a league one club in a couple years

I like Lamela simply because his first instinct is to attack. This is why I would like to pair him with the others that are like-minded...Lucas and Son. Those three running at the defense would be interesting to watch...

If you put Gazza up against Liverpool and Inter he may not look quite as convincing. I was impressed at how composed he was and am pleased for him. Our keepers are ranked 1,2 and 3 for a reason though based on what our coach sees. If Gazza has displaced Vorm based on a comfortable performance against a low to mid table team then good on him. I like him , don't get me wrong.

We should really be expecting more from a £30m player than being a bit part impact sub. He is one we should be looking to shape the direction of a game and have a regular influence from the get go. However, time has proved that he is not good enough to do that. I agree with most of what you say as it ties in with his sporadic nature on the pitch. Too much of him and the stadium starts to stink. Tidy finish though and better than his poor effort last season when he should have scored to win us the game. Maybe he is finally starting to learn & show signs of being a tad better than average.

He is a bit part player due to recovery from hip surgery and this season a muscle issue . But he is back and needs gradual match fitness building until he can be more of a bit part. He has proved many times he is a game changer and winner. He makes the stadium stink ? That's taking it too far, he has rarely done that. Why tarnish a good finish with a failed one from months ago ?

What's the thinking on Luke Whitman? Anyone know if he's seen as the future in the club, or just another decent youth keeper who will end up being sold to a league one club in a couple years

I have only seen the odd clip of him. I thought this summer was a great time to let Vorm go and promote one of our young keepers. :unsure:

Good god no! 19 is way too young for a keeper unless he's exceptional, are any of our young keeper exceptional?

He is a bit part player due to recovery from hip surgery and this season a muscle issue . But he is back and needs gradual match fitness building until he can be more of a bit part. He has proved many times he is a game changer and winner. He makes the stadium stink ? That's taking it too far, he has rarely done that. Why tarnish a good finish with a failed one from months ago ?

He is a bit part player because he hasn't shown he has enough in his locker to be more than that since he’s been here. There has been PL games & the embarrassment of ridicule against league 2 opposition, that makes your he doesn’t stink up the stadium riposte a false one. His miss against the same opposition back in April from a similar position showed a poor understanding of what he needed to do to score. He ticked that box & rectified that yesterday, I see that as an improvement.

He is a bit part player because he hasn't shown he has enough in his locker to be more than that since he’s been here. There has been PL games & the embarrassment of ridicule against league 2 opposition, that makes your he doesn’t stink up the stadium riposte a false one. His miss against the same opposition back in April from a similar position showed a poor understanding of what he needed to do to score. He ticked that box & rectified that yesterday, I see that as an improvement.

Your first sentence is false. He was being picked by Poch regularly based on his contribution prior to his injury. He was also been picked to play for Argentina until his injury. So he is pulling the wool over top football coaches eyes but not you. You have his number, you have him sussed out. I said he rarely does that, not he doesn't, so it's not false and you only see and read what you want to. So only since April he has learnt how to finish ? Maybe he should have Rabona'd it to make sure. Why couldn't you just praise him instead of drawing attention to past failures to lessen the validity.?

Poch says he always planned on playing Gazza in the Carabou Cup. You know the one he's not interested in and plays the kids and reserves in. Awww that's nice of you Poch, a real boost to his ego.

Your first sentence is false. He was being picked by Poch regularly based on his contribution prior to his injury. He was also been picked to play for Argentina until his injury. So he is pulling the wool over top football coaches eyes but not you. You have his number, you have him sussed out. I said he rarely does that, not he doesn't, so it's not false and you only see and read what you want to. So only since April he has learnt how to finish ? Maybe he should have Rabona'd it to make sure. Why couldn't you just praise him instead of drawing attention to past failures to lessen the validity.?

The Argentina selection committee didn’t need me to tell them what they can see themselves by omitting him from what was a very poor World Cup squad. I guess his average displays from Nov to May didn’t 'pull the wool over' their eyes either, but it clearly does yours. Lol.

Last edited:
This is getting so tiresome, we get that you don't rate Lamela and your opinion is as valid as anyone else. But is it really necessary to repeat those same opinion in every post, I'm curious as to what exactly your objectives are. Every time you make a constructive and valid point you then proceed to bore us with your constant harping on about Lamela.

The Argentina selection committee didn’t need me to tell them what they can see themselves by omitting him from what was a very poor World Cup squad. I guess his average displays from Nov to May didn’t 'pull the wool over' their eyes either, but it clearly does yours. Lol.

So from being picked for Argentina he turned to shyte and they stopped picking him ? I suggest it was injury linked by being out for so long .

This is getting so tiresome, we get that you don't rate Lamela and your opinion is as valid as anyone else. But is it really necessary to repeat those same opinion in every post, I'm curious as to what exactly your objectives are. Every time you make a constructive and valid point you then proceed to bore us with your constant harping on about Lamela.

Why is an opinion valid just because we are entitled to have it. ? If you don't agree or think it's biased or spiteful is it not right to challenge it ?

Having Eriksen, Dele, Moura, Son and Lamela in the same squad should be our strength. They all offer something slightly different and give Poch the sort of squad depth we've never had before. I'm just quite happy for them to slug it out and hope the team gets selected on merit. If Lamela can step up and start getting on the scoresheet regularly then that will give Son a much needed rest. He was playing with injections at the end of last season and has then had no rest all summer.

If only we could switch out Llorente with someone that is of their level, we'd be in great shape in the attacking areas. It's the players behind them that need to step up or get replaced.

Is Wanyama fit? If not why is he on the bench?

We only made 2 changes? Which I thought were good although 5-10 minutes earlier would have been better, then we were in need of protection late from a DM as Dier had run out of gas (after 65).
I don't understand? If he is not fit to come on for even 15 minutes why is he on the bench?

Is Wanyama fit? If not why is he on the bench?

We only made 2 changes? Which I thought were good although 5-10 minutes earlier would have been better, then we were in need of protection late from a DM as Dier had run out of gas (after 65).
I don't understand? If he is not fit to come on for even 15 minutes why is he on the bench?

Wanyama is apparently back in full training, but nobody knows what that means. It could just mean that he's fit for a cameo, but can't play 90 mins. Very unlike Poch to even have someone on the bench that isn't 100% match fit though. Gonna get interesting as Kenya have just selected their captain for the two October AFCON qualifiers.

I think we have a good squad with Lamela,Moura & Wanyama starting to play more games.They feel like new signings to me.,& are definitely top quality players, despite one person's negative comments. If there is a weakness in the squad it's the lack of a second striker. I'm actually jealous that Arsenal can play Aubameyang & Lacazette together .That's a strike partnership to die for. Kane & Llorente together doesn't fill one with the same confidence somehow.