Brighton v Tottenham Hotspur | Page 9 | Vital Football

Brighton v Tottenham Hotspur

Again what cost us that damn goal was NO FLIPPING DM worth a shit. Counter right through the mid with no delay. This continues to screw us.
Absolutely right what do you expect having a brain dead DM like Dier and Dembo + Manager who does not know what game management is

Last edited:
Badly needed Win,we fully deserved it, and Gazza looked so much more comfortable than Vorm,really pissed off over their equalizer, another soft goal conceded, but fuck it , hopefully this will be our road back..C.O.Y.S...?

Again what cost us that damn goal was NO FLIPPING DM worth a shit. Counter right through the mid with no delay. This continues to screw us.
You have been saying this for sometime and you are so right. Our great strength for three years was the defensive midfield and the pivot. Now as you've been saying for sometime it's a real weakness.

I’m delighted with the result. A huge 3 points which we couldn’t afford to lose.
Couldn’t watch the game so I won’t comment on our performance.

With Trips nackered, Dier being dire, Dembo no longer Dembo, Son also nackered, Eriksen and Kane well off form, we’re certainly missing the depth to enable our regulars to have to fight for their position, and rest whilst they need it.
This is the consequence of a very poorly managed team.

How the hell can we fight for the title or emulate our previous season with this sort of ridiculous squad management?

The only two players imo that pick themselves should be Toby and Jan. hopefully Rose can make LB his own again.

Gazza looked assured to me. Our new No. 2?

Yep miles better.

With him in goal I’ll be willing to bet one of the Watford goals doesn’t happen, nor the game changing Liverpool first and potentially Inters winner.

You could tell the defenders knew what he was going to do and come for everything even if it was a punch.

We needed the win (an away win to a team they said only lost 4 times at their home last season...is that right?) Anyway, we got the win...it wasn't pretty to look at (reminded me of how much more frustrating it was to watch Spurs live...at home I can storm off to another room and I did, on more than one occasion), at the stadium, you can only hide your face!

The overall tactics of side to side going backwards was frustrating to watch, especially when a player had plenty of space to turn and make a positive move (this is becoming the way of the game for most teams unfortunately). What happened to the swashbuckling play of the past few seasons? We seem to have become so careful in our play that we look scared to take chances, waiting for our opponents to make mistakes, mistakes that we are not forcing (what happened to the ultra-fit team we were and our vaunted press, a press that gave many a team fits!

Kudos to Brighton, they made themselves compact and difficult to breakdown, not that we seemed to try to hard to do that...but we're talking about Brighton here, not a title contender, or even a bogey team...BRIGHTON! Let's hope we can push on and not only get the 3-points against our next league opponent, but get them through a commanding display...it'll be good for the soul, even though it is Huddersfield!

I wasn’t impressed with Rose’s defending to try & prevent the goal we conceded, ending up on the ground like that and taken out of the game with ease by Knockaert. The Brighton forward favors his left side stay on your feet Rose and show him down the line. Poor. Yes, they played through our MF, but like against pool its errors followed by repeated errors that are costing us.

Last edited:
I know what that meant. U are not the only person who understand English.
Guys
I have been involved in this forum for many years of course not as long as many of you, but nevertheless enjoyed the threads and different point of views even if I do not sometime agree. I think we should allow everybody to post their views about football and not be personal . There are many platforms for that but not in here otherwise there is a danger that the forum will die like similar forums in the old days I am sure many of you remember. If people dont like it tough they can reply but in a civilised way.

Yep miles better.

With him in goal I’ll be willing to bet one of the Watford goals doesn’t happen, nor the game changing Liverpool first and potentially Inters winner.

You could tell the defenders knew what he was going to do and come for everything even if it was a punch.
Absolutely right I am sure if Vorm was in goal we would have lost the match

Our defence and midfield were already at the halfway line - presumably in their stride to run up to Kane to celebrate the goal - and Brighton broke with ease. Fine margins. Kane of last season would've scored that attempt.

Seriously though, that was poor, no excuses. Poch would've gone ape having drummed a different mentality in to their brains throughout the week.

Important win. From what I could see I thought we were pretty average. Just beat an average team.

Lamela is a perfect impact sub player. If he starts on a regular basis his form drops, always has done. Plus he will get injured so he shouldn't start games. Important win but nothing else learnt.

We should really be expecting more from a £30m player than being a bit part impact sub. He is one we should be looking to shape the direction of a game and have a regular influence from the get go. However, time has proved that he is not good enough to do that. I agree with most of what you say as it ties in with his sporadic nature on the pitch. Too much of him and the stadium starts to stink. Tidy finish though and better than his poor effort last season when he should have scored to win us the game. Maybe he is finally starting to learn & show signs of being a tad better than average.

Always liked Lamela ,my kind of player. We were crying out for someone to carry the ball from midfield & create chances. Our forwards had nothing to feed off in the first half ,when Lamela came on we looked dangerous at last. I wanted Alli & Lamela to play together from the start as I knew Brighton would pack the defence with bodies.You need subtlety to get through this type of defence.They provided it.

Always liked Lamela ,my kind of player. We were crying out for someone to carry the ball from midfield & create chances. Our forwards had nothing to feed off in the first half ,when Lamela came on we looked dangerous at last. I wanted Alli & Lamela to play together from the start as I knew Brighton would pack the defence with bodies.You need subtlety to get through this type of defence.They provided it.

Good points, I guess Lamela and more so Alli were being rested or protected. Lamela may not be 100% fit for 90 minutes after his muscle issue. First half Brighton sat deep and as you say were difficult to break down which kind of kills the game a bit. After we scored they had to come out.

Last edited:
We have 2 backup keepers, Gazza is the lesser of 2 evils.

Vorm should never of had his contract extended. Clearly way past his best.

I like that Gazz seems comfortable using his feet. He is a wrecking ball type keeper though. For the goal they had disallowed he was terrible.

When under pressure he will cost us plenty of goals. Nowhere near good enough for us.

We must be looking for a new number 2.

That's the way they always play, Nick.Chris Houghton is such a cautious manager ,even at home.Just as well; Spurs don't look confident at the moment especially at the back. I felt Gazzinga was an improvement on Vorm though. Lovely to see the Spurs fans singing to Harry Rednapp in the commentary box. Oh & R.I.P. to Chas Hodges a true legend & Spurs to the core.