Stephenson's booking on Saturday | Vital Football

Stephenson's booking on Saturday

LGC

Vital Reserves Team
I have just watched on youtube Stephenson being mugged by Telford's goalkeeper. I have never seen in my long years of watching football a clearer case for the goalkeeper to be sent off. Our man got booked. Ian Brown's match report mentions this but you need to see it. It is disgraceful and the referee should be ashamed of himself.

I have just watched on youtube Stephenson being mugged by Telford's goalkeeper. I have never seen in my long years of watching football a clearer case for the goalkeeper to be sent off. Our man got booked. Ian Brown's match report mentions this but you need to see it. It is disgraceful and the referee should be ashamed of himself.
Can we appeal the booking?

I have no idea if an appeal system exists at the level of football we play at. Other sides are aware that a Gannon side plays fair, and often wins the fair play award. No skulduggery, no retaliation-in-first philosophy.

So I think plenty of managers set themselves up to try to bully our lads and (from what I have been told, and Ian has also mentioned) combine this with often inept officiating and we will not get the rub of the green.

---

Anyway.. FA Cup tomorrow away at South Shields. Tough one! Happy with a draw and then win back at EP.

Feel like the club and the fans are stuck in limbo at the moment. - a nice cup run would do us all good!

Come on County!

Latest County News