Will Patching | Vital Football

Will Patching

I was going to ask about him before this got out up,I will honest and say that I've never heard of him but if City have shown interest in him in the past then he can't be total rubbish
We have had a few good signings over the past couple of weeks and the average age of our squad has shot down,this could be either a good thing or a bad thing of course but I'm hoping that we are trying to build a team up rather than making rash signings to get out of League Two next season
Thanks for the link Bluedub

Looking forward to seeing how he does, I've only seen him play in the UEFA youth league, looks decent, good passing range.

It'll give me extra incentive to keep an eye on Notts:thumbup:

The Academy is to find players that will make the top grade but these are rare, but the rest of the squad know that the training they get is the very best.
I have seen Will Patching play for the Academy on several occasions and whilst he at the moment his progress is not what it should be, it is to Notts County's credit that they recognize that the lad will be an asset to them.
There are many academy players playing in the League today making a living and hopefully, they can do a Kieran Trippier and make it to the top, but in the meantime, let us hope he has a successful period with County.

Notts seem to have a good reputation for giving players on loan (I know that we've signed him) from bigger clubs a chance and to be honest it's paid off well for both clubs,just because he's young and not experienced enough for City doesn't mean that he can't learn the trade at a lower level with us and the fact that City has had him with them for so long seems that he must have some kind of talent
i shall give you an honest opinion of him when he's settled down and played a few games

Strange,no sign of him yet in the friendies,not even on the bench when there has been trialists :hmmm:

Maybe having a break coco but it does seem funny there is no sign of him.
Perhaps he has a slight strain or some personal reason for his non appearance.

Finally made an appearance tonight against Middlesbrough,sat on the bench until the second half but did score in the penalty shoot out,hopefully he will get a run out from the start soon

Good he scored anyway and it’s good he was not injured.
Hopefully he’ll just blend in with his new teammates.

He's just disappeared again,so far he's only played 22 minutes for us but he seemed ok in that very short time,scored a goal in the penalty shootout and looked no worst than we have in our first eleven,it's all very mystifying,it's not as though he has to fight to get into a strong team,we are bloody awful and at the bottom of league two so I can't see no reason not to give him a chance,I can only presume that he's got some niggly injury and he's being rested

Yeah Oziman it looks that way,the new manager is going to be announced today and it looks like being him,he wouldn't have been my first choice but I will give him a chance and get behind him,we have gone from being promotion favorites to bottom of league two in five games but at least there's plenty of time to catch up,I just hope that he tightens up our defence as it's absolutely woeful

Kewell has a lot to do,every game I go to i walk through the gates and think that at least it can't be any worst than last week...and it turns out that Notts can keep digging lower than thought possible,yesterday's wasn't just bad,it was unbelievably bad,a good pub team could have ripped us apart and came away with a win,it's not as though the owner has let the team go or isn't interested,he invested heavily (for league two) on promotion and it's gone horribly wrong,as for Patching,I reckon that he's on the run and heading up to Manchester where he feels safe,apart from that one time there's been no sign of him whats so ever,if he shows up at City's ground looking hungry and disheveled can you phone up Notts and we will come and collect him
Kewells first game in charge is on Tuesday in the checkertrade thingy,he will finally get to see the workload that he's taken on then the poor sod

Still no sign of Patching,he's only played 20 odd minutes and that was it,he's not even featured in behind closed doors friendies ,it's all very strange

Harry Kewell was made manager in September 18 after Will Patching 19 was signed during the summer from 1st July obviously by the previous manager and that may be the problem.

Yes....he has finally been spotted at a game at Meadow Lane,he played in the Checkertrade game tonight against a Newcastle U21 side,we lost 0-2 but Kewell used the game to try out some fringe players,most was garbage but Patching was one of two that stood out in the game so fingers crossed that he may get a run out soon :clap:

Patching made the starting line up tonight against Doncaster in the checkertrade trophy,from what I've been told that he came over as impressive and worth a try in a league game
It's strange how he's suddenly appeared now that we are managerless,we didn't even put out a side full of trialists either as it was a surprisingly strong team for this competition,hopefully he can now progress :clap: