Lazio fans call for women to be banned. | Vital Football

Lazio fans call for women to be banned.

"The Lazio ultras have gained a reputation for violence, racism and anti-Semitism."

Suggests to me that Lazio should be banned for not keeping its fans in order.

If men want to watch football without women they should go to Iran. Fascist mysoginist views like this should be discouraged in the West.

If men want to watch football without women they should go to Iran. Fascist mysoginist views like this should be discouraged in the West.
I haven’t read any of the articles but do they actually convey the opinion that this is organised rather than a sad individual?

Besides, the ultras are the extremists and shouldn’t represent the support of a club. Authorities have been cracking down on ultras across the continent - I can personally tell you what the atmosphere’s like when the ultras are banned or more likely staying away in protest.

I think self-policing is the best approach here. I don’t think the club should ever agree that there are any ‘men only’ sections within the ground (except perhaps the gents toilets) but if the men do feel that strongly a few beheadings of any women who have strayed into enemy territory should get the message across. Any women that don’t take the message and continue to attend the wrong section will be deemed to have acted in a way which would only make men want to behead them - effectively they had it coming to them.

Going forward, all clubs will need to demonstrate the diversity of their support. The Medway Stand will become our own diversity matrix with supporters arranged in order of height (from the front of the stand to the back ) and age (from the Town End to the Rainham End). The club’s new ticketing system was designed for exactly this reason.

But when the movement picks up momentum as VG is convinced it will, the ultras and their like will be among your comrades in arms.

Problem with Nibbles plan is getting scimitars into the ground. Some idiot carving up another man will spoil it all for the responsible scimitar weilders.

I'm old enough to remember old boys getting very twitchy about women bringing their children to the barbers, and men only bars outside football grounds. The family stand surely evolved from similar attitudes to who "belonged" where.

Problem with Nibbles plan is getting scimitars into the ground. Some idiot carving up another man will spoil it all for the responsible scimitar weilders.

I'm old enough to remember old boys getting very twitchy about women bringing their children to the barbers, and men only bars outside football grounds. The family stand surely evolved from similar attitudes to who "belonged" where.

'Problem with Nibbles plan is getting scimitars into the ground'

The FV107 ? Surely one could knock down the gates ?

About 30 years ago we were on holiday in Scarborough and got kicked out of a pub because i went in with my wife and then baby in a pram. Meanwhile two guys were sat at the bar, drinking, with their whippets asleep at their feet.
All that was missing was the sign outside saying " no blacks no irish and no women"
Thank god the world has moved on since then.

Edit: yeah I know my fault for going to Scarborough!

Sorry Archie but it's still happening.

My stepdaughter and I were asked to leave a drinking establishment in Harrogate at the end of April coz she had her one year old with her asleep in his pram.

Apparently "Our license doesn't allow children in here"

One day, yorkshire will be dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century.

"One day, yorkshire will be dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century. "

Very good.

"One day, yorkshire will be dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century. "

Very good.
20+ years ago a guy from Yorkshire visited my London Tower block flat(I had at that time .)While the sun was setting .He said "That can't be the sun ,it does not go that low".Sadly a true story. He swore blind it was the moon somehow reflecting the sun's light.

Chris Who, I wasn't referring to anybody's comment on this thread, I had written something off the top of my head and posted it, only then to realise what I had written was wrong. As my response couldn't be completely omitted, I deleted the text and wrote what I did as an explanation. Obviously not with proper clarity.!