The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 156 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

No excuses now.

Other managers will be queuing up for his job seeing the way the owners are backing him to the hilt.

Just imagine how the manager will be backed in the prem.

If SB gets all his new toys (Abrahams, Bolassie and El whatever) and continues to deliver disjointed performances, what then?

If we suddenly purr like a jaguar and rip the throat out of the league, I will be mightily surprised but happy as a pig in the proverbials. Which way will it swing gents?

Answers on a postcard to.....

If SB gets all his new toys (Abrahams, Bolassie and El whatever) and continues to deliver disjointed performances, what then?

If we suddenly purr like a jaguar and rip the throat out of the league, I will be mightily surprised but happy as a pig in the proverbials. Which way will it swing gents?

Then he will be replaced.

These new owners won't mess around.

He won't get replaced on performances. Get real.

It's a results business.

If we're outside the top 6, then they may act.

If we're consistantly in the top 6 he'll be fine no matter how many fans clamour for champagne football.

I agree with Fulford these new owners won't dither and it will be adios Brucie.

Of course, Bruce knows this so really it's up to him to win and try and win with a bit more style and to be fair to him, it looks like he is trying to do that if we are to believe his loan targets!?

You can also guarantee that our new owners will already have a plan B or even C in line for his replacement subject to availability and something Tony Xia could never do because he knows nothing about football or how it works.

I personally believe Xia is just a front man for some Chinese businessmen but that's another story.

It can't hurt can it. He's gonna work a little harder for us than he would for Brentford isn't he. Doesn't mean he's the right choice but leave that sort of stuff out fellas.

No Merd, it was a tongue in cheek jab at those who think people want Smith just because he's a Villa fan.

I admire him as a manager because of how he has Brentford playing, and how he works with a tight budget. I couldn't care less if he's a Villa fan, it's just a bonus.

Can have a little moan at Bruce today about Jedi selection but overall I enjoyed the game, showed how we can play. Think McGinn is incredibly important to us.

Get the new players bedded in, sort out the back (Elphick or Tuanzabe over Jedi for me). Got 10 games to get things firing on all cylinders for me (not for his job, to.sort the system and players out) and he's just proved he can do it. Improve on that performance and the results will follow.

We have now played Brentford 5 times and they have been the better team every time. I'm bored of the idea that Steve Bruce is our only hope, he is not. Stick with Bruce and its a play off lottery if your lucky, id take Dean Smith tomorrow over him, that was shit tonight as it was vs every other team this season.
Bruce out.

We have now played Brentford 5 times and they have been the better team every time. I'm bored of the idea that Steve Bruce is our only hope, he is not. Stick with Bruce and its a play off lottery if your lucky, id take Dean Smith tomorrow over him, that was shit tonight as it was vs every other team this season.
Bruce out.

You can not seriously think they were the better team tonight. We out played them for the first 65-70 minutes and they were resigned to the odd counter attack. I'd agree they were on previous meetings but even their fans thought they did well to get a point tonight, although a little gutted to throw it away at the end.

Bruce out.

:lol: Is this a serious post? Did you watch the game? 'We were shit'...'Brentford were the better team'..'Bruce out'........Sorry pvb your rant encapsulates the agenda that you and a few others have against Bruce. We played well last night, by far the best performance of the season and yet.........you sound like a toddler stamping his feet and having a tantrum because you can't get your own way!

Bruce out.

You thought they were the better team last night?!?! What game were you watching?

That was the best I've seen us play since Wolves/

Seriously man, give your head a wobble.