Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Villa V Brentford: Wed, 22nd Aug, 19.45

Blimey. Nothing like looking on the bright side 3 games into the season. C'mon Silhill this isn't like you.
I'm just very nervous about falling behind the top 2 again and having to play catch up again like last season. The opening fixtures have been kind to us. 6 points by Saturday night will keep me happy.

Gone for a turgid 0-0 only because we are at home. It will be a backs to the wall defensive performance against a team that out plays us.

Same lineup I'd go for. With McGinn getting box to box and crunching in with tackles, I think he negates the need for a traditional DM, especially at home.

Adomah's form is a worry (and I'm a fan) but we don't have much alternative at the moment.
Depends what system we play ref Adomah. Could quite easily play Whelan holding, SJM, CH, BB behind JG with JK up top.

I wouldn't start Adomah or Green

:lol:

Pmsl. You pick on the 2 home defeats of the season.:lol:
Conveniently forgetting to mention the many games we avoided defeat.
Won 14, drew 7 by the way. Not bad really is it?. Depends on your agenda.

The point that I was trying to make by asking that question was that we should not be overconfident.

Gone for a turgid 0-0 only because we are at home. It will be a backs to the wall defensive performance against a team that out plays us.

That is what seems likely, which is that they may dominate the game entirely and we could get hammered. However, that is precisely how i felt before the games against Bristol and Wolves !! If we win I would want it to be that way...

We can't let them dominate midfield.

All those other times, we didn't have a John McGinn in there. Could be the difference.

I would play Whelan instead of Thor for this one.

We've only lost 2 of our last 27 home games.

Brentford have only won 9 of their last 27 away games.

Amazing to me that so many Villa fans still expect us to be comprehensively beaten.

Just because we have a manager who has won the most promotions that does not mean the other teams in the league should forget about getting promoted because they don't have a manager that is as successful.

My point is although we may have a clearly better home vs their away record, that does not mean we will definitely beat them. What matters is how the teams are playing currently. Brentford apparently have been playing very good football compared to our boring style of play and we have not had a good performance against any of the teams we have played thus far.

Hence, many are predicting a defeat. Would be great if the Bristol/Wolves game Villa is what we see...

Biggest danger is if we give them too much respect. Play them like we played wolves. Keep it reasonable tight but have a go at them.

Biggest weakness is that we haven't yet quite compensated for JT going. But worrying about it isn't going to do any good. Our defenders, whoever they are, need to step up. Keeping pressure on Brentwood will help them.

Ryan woods was MOM against us when they outplayed us the season before last. That was, I believe when we were still playing Westwood as part of a midfield two, with McGatemack playing as the number 10. Ever since that ONE good game when he had the freedom of Villa Park, he has become the second coming of Makele....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If we've got Jedinak at centre half and the chuckle brother in goal I'd bite your hand off for a turgid 0-0

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=130642&page=2

The Bees fans are quite confident, not one villa win that I can see and some elaborate predictions.

I’ve had to sit with the enemy a few times because of they’re terrible away end holding about 20 fans, I thought all the knobs in West London were Chelsea fans but Brentford have one or two as well.

Hope we turn them over even more after reading that thread

--------- Moreira (or Bunn) ----------
Elmo Chester Tuanzebe Hutton
----------- Whelan ----------------
Green McGinn. Hourihane
----------- Grealish---------------
----------- Kodija-----------------

The Bees fans are quite confident, not one villa win that I can see and some elaborate predictions.

I’ve had to sit with the enemy a few times because of they’re terrible away end holding about 20 fans, I thought all the knobs in West London were Chelsea fans but Brentford have one or two as well.

Wow, I really hope we give them a good smashing now. They're not half cocky are they?

And one of them takes the piss out of our stadium? Don't they play in a cattle shed? :lol:

Brentford have outplayed us on all 4 occasions since our relegation. I have little doubt that they will do so again tomorrow but that doesn’t necessarily mean they will win, or even draw. I am still undecided as to what to predict on the Super 6.

I’d go DeLaet at right back, Axel at centre back, Whelan/Hourihane/McGinn/Adomah in midfield and Grealish behind Kodjia.

I will try to convince myself that Bruce won’t play Jedinak at centre back as Brentford won’t be hoofing it at our back 4, and that Grealish will start being the goal threat that he really should be, and go for a Villa win, but then again I may decide that trying to win the jackpot is more important ?

Have you seen that post from some moron called beenthere