Bury Pre Match Press Conference with Danny Cowley | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bury Pre Match Press Conference with Danny Cowley

Bit confused why Smith didnt come on for Vickers on Saturday, or had we used all the subs by that time ? He will get his chance tomorrow evening no doubt.
Certainly all subs made when he stopped taking goal kicks, How long he had been feeling the injury couldn't tell

he still managed to kick a beauty from open play without a grimace after wilson started taking the goal kicks, which made me think it could be a new version of 'the farman 70min break'.

No money for players but money for the additional coaches and other back up staff.
Yes I know these are needed but at the depth of the squad.
Losing Josh again for several months is going to be a huge blow especially if it means we can't add the outfield players we need because another keeper that we clearly can't do without.
How many analysts etc do we really need?

From what I heard of the Port Vale game, Smith is good enough to be our number 1. He was understandably nervous on his 1st ever professional game. Fair enough, he’ll get better with more games.

Regards to Crookes and Luque, i’d guess both have a lot of various physical work to do before they’re ready. Big difference physically between non league/youth football to league 2. They’ll come through for us.

So they're just here to make the numbers then? So we have 18 for the matchday squad?
We have some really good players but think depth in certain areas is still lacking and now it would appear very, very unfortunately in goal, gutted for Josh really hope it's short term this time.

They will be getting Luque up to full professional fitness first i imagine. And will start bringing him on bit by bit as appropriate.
And hope Vickers can recover from this latest injury.

Well if crookes cant get on bench in front of somebody with calf injury makes me wonder why we signed him makes no sense

If you go out and buy a new top, do you start wearing it straight away or stick it in the wardrobe for another day? If it goes in the wardrobe then I could well ask you, why buy it?

From what I heard of the Port Vale game, Smith is good enough to be our number 1. He was understandably nervous on his 1st ever professional game. Fair enough, he’ll get better with more games.

Regards to Crookes and Luque, i’d guess both have a lot of various physical work to do before they’re ready. Big difference physically between non league/youth football to league 2. They’ll come through for us.
Eh? Boreham Wood are FT.

No money for players but money for the additional coaches and other back up staff.
Losing Josh again for several months is going to be a huge blow especially if it means we can't add the outfield players we need because another keeper that we clearly can't do without.
I think you're getting confused with money in the Club and money available for players i.e. there's a wage cap of 55%.

That'll be the issue, not the money per se.

I for one totally applaud our current approach. We're trying to build something pretty special and I don't think these are just sound bytes. I imagine the first team budget is highly competitive too and it looks like we'll end up with a squad of 22 from which nobody can pick the best 11. A couple not featuring at the moment out of all that is hardly a major concern in the grand scheme.

Question about the youth team:

DC: We’re working really hard to create the best academy we can. It’s vital we develop our own players. We’re a little way away from that. That’s no-one’s fault, it’s just where we’ve come from. We lost our best players when we were out of the Football League, now we can build and we have some fantastic people in that area. Because we’ve lost so many good players, we have to be really aggressive in our recruitment

DC: Once we get Ellis Chapman through, we can show there is a pathway to players in Lincoln and outside of Lincoln. We need to make sure top young players are not leaving the city for other clubs. We don’t want players to leave Lincoln to go and play for Forest or Wednesday

DC on the Academy: We’re a better position, but there’s still a long way to go.

DC on an U23 team: Until we’ve got the U18 setup how we want it, we won’t be able to have an U23 side. But that is something we want in the future. We want to have the best Academy in the lower leagues

DC: An U23 team would give us a good pathway to the first team. The gap between the U18s and the first team is so big

DC: We’ve made a lot of good signings in terms of players but we’ve also made some really good signings off the pitch. This is the best position we’ve been in since me and Nicky have been here

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...ll-news/lincoln-city-live-derby-build-1901997

I for one totally applaud our current approach. We're trying to build something pretty special and I don't think these are just sound bytes. I imagine the first team budget is highly competitive too and it looks like we'll end up with a squad of 22 from which nobody can pick the best 11. A couple not featuring at the moment out of all that is hardly a major concern in the grand scheme.

Question about the youth team:

DC: We’re working really hard to create the best academy we can. It’s vital we develop our own players. We’re a little way away from that. That’s no-one’s fault, it’s just where we’ve come from. We lost our best players when we were out of the Football League, now we can build and we have some fantastic people in that area. Because we’ve lost so many good players, we have to be really aggressive in our recruitment

DC: Once we get Ellis Chapman through, we can show there is a pathway to players in Lincoln and outside of Lincoln. We need to make sure top young players are not leaving the city for other clubs. We don’t want players to leave Lincoln to go and play for Forest or Wednesday

DC on the Academy: We’re a better position, but there’s still a long way to go.

DC on an U23 team: Until we’ve got the U18 setup how we want it, we won’t be able to have an U23 side. But that is something we want in the future. We want to have the best Academy in the lower leagues

DC: An U23 team would give us a good pathway to the first team. The gap between the U18s and the first team is so big

DC: We’ve made a lot of good signings in terms of players but we’ve also made some really good signings off the pitch. This is the best position we’ve been in since me and Nicky have been here

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/...ll-news/lincoln-city-live-derby-build-1901997
getting more out of the academy would be a huge leap forward for the club. and dc/nc are absolutely the right people to do it.