Match Report Millwall v Derby County | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Report Millwall v Derby County

I do think we need a rethink at the back.
What I'd give now to have that 36 year old Irishman back with no kneecaps. One season at Derby and a legend!

You may be right and it’s also asking a lot of young Tomori to play on the left when, I think, he’s naturally right sided, but unless Davies is fit I can’t see it happening and I don’t like the repetitive witch hunts (not you Adi) against Keogh as soon as things go wrong. There are others who don’t show half the effort and commitment of RK.
t

RA have to agree about Keogh he probably does need to come out for a while But till the injury situation gets better we are stuck If we had his effort from the whole team then we wouldn't have a problem We are still carrying people imo if Lawrence had not been on free kick duty on Sat he wouldn't have contributed anything Bryson as bad I think Keogh will always be the scapegoat for any defeat Remember last season fans hounded him till Rowett dropped him we went to Burton and we all know what happened there

t

RA have to agree about Keogh he probably does need to come out for a while But till the injury situation gets better we are stuck If we had his effort from the whole team then we wouldn't have a problem We are still carrying people imo if Lawrence had not been on free kick duty on Sat he wouldn't have contributed anything Bryson as bad I think Keogh will always be the scapegoat for any defeat Remember last season fans hounded him till Rowett dropped him we went to Burton and we all know what happened there

Also against Sunderland at home when he went off injured after 5 minutes.

Jeez, mista...Bryson must have been bad for you to criticise him.
I don’t know why Keogh attracts such vitriolic criticism. Maybe it’s the Wembley business but Buxton was just as much to blame and he became a folk hero.
Maybe it’s Keogh’s wild eyed look that comes across as panic but honestly if the others showed as much desire as him we’d be doing a lot better.

Jeez, mista...Bryson must have been bad for you to criticise him.
I don’t know why Keogh attracts such vitriolic criticism. Maybe it’s the Wembley business but Buxton was just as much to blame and he became a folk hero.
Maybe it’s Keogh’s wild eyed look that comes across as panic but honestly if the others showed as much desire as him we’d be doing a lot better.
Yes Bryson not like me to call him? Not sure it's his fault but surely the management must know he can't play him and Mount together Mmakes you wonder how our last 6 managers have had him captain and first choice centre back

Yes Bryson not like me to call him? Not sure it's his fault but surely the management must know he can't play him and Mount together Mmakes you wonder how our last 6 managers have had him captain and first choice centre back

Yep, I was surprised. Always thought Bryson was one of your favourites and you’re not one to overreact.
Assuming the second bit’s about Keogh...I don’t actually think he’s a great leader but you’re right, only Rowett - after Keogh lost form - and now Lampard have looked to shift the captaincy away from him...must say something.
Still think, for about the seventh season running, we’re missing that midfield leader. Get that and things will start happening imo.

Adi think your partly right about Keogh but our problems are deeper than that If FL insists on playing 4-3-3 with the squad we've got e will continue to struggle imo . DM,is the key to that system and we just don't really have anybody who can play it properly BJ Huddleston and Ledley all failed really . From what I saw at Oldham I'm not convinced Evans is the answer You don't only he's to be a defender you have to start attacks as well Think we either need to change formation or get someone who can play it. Someone who is very good at it and who is not getting a game is McDonald at Fulham a cheeky loan bid would be nice
Keogh is not a bad defender when the team as a whole is attacking and keeping the heat off the defence but when the heat is on he is a one trick pony. Great with the heading but on the floor and coming out from the defence he is a nightmare. I get so frustrated when he brings the ball out then turns and plays either a three yard forward pass, or more likely a square bal, or ball back to Carson. There is a time for that when you are three nil up and not when you are two goals down at Home.l

Latest Rams News