Swans v Leeds | Vital Football

Swans v Leeds

keith margam

Vital Football Legend
We know this is going to be a tough one but football is unpredictable and that’s the beauty of it.
Both teams are unbeaten with Leeds the more experienced side, whereas we have a paper thin squad full of youngsters. Should be an interesting night.

We know this is going to be a tough one but football is unpredictable and that’s the beauty of it.
Both teams are unbeaten with Leeds the more experienced side, whereas we have a paper thin squad full of youngsters. Should be an interesting night.

I didn't see the Preston game but if Preston and Birmingham can cause us problems for long periods then you wonder what this Leeds side could do to us? Hopefully, the Birmingham game acts as a wake-up call and is a lesson learnt because a lot of other clubs will do the same thing, especially after seeing how effective it was against us on Friday night.

I'm just hoping that with it being Leeds and given their start - it brings out the best in us and we give it a real go. As long as we compete and show potential I'll be happy enough, but sitting deep and holding on - well we've see too much of that lately.

Super show from the young Swans as Leeds winning run came to an end.
Fer started instead of Carroll and Naughton was brought in to enable Roberts to push further upfield.
Fer made the difference and at last we looked competitive in midfield. Unfortunately he couldn’t last the full match and it was a shame because we looked weaker when Carroll came on.
Twice we took the lead through McBurnie and twice Leeds equalised through individual mistakes. Olsson didn’t close down Shackleton and allowed him to cross, and Roofe got in front of Naughton to steer the ball home. Second goal a mistake by VdH, beaten by Bamford wide left, who was then free to run into the area and cross, Hernandez somehow squeezed between two of our players to score (why do our ex players always score against us).
Still an excellent showing by both teams and a great advert for Championship football.