The squad as it stands....... | Page 5 | Vital Football

The squad as it stands.......

And that's why you might find Soudani as a good foil for Grabben - In the No.10 roll I think they could be a success by feeding off of each other.
That’s certainly something I would like to see although Carvalho looks to be settling. Would also like to see what Soudani can do up top.

Time is now right to play Byram for certain and push Osborn further forward allowing Robinson to start.
I would like to see us play 3 at the back - Fox has been magnificent and with Daws + 1 I think we would fix the issues of defending set pieces and Osborn and Cash can excel as wingbacks. It would also solve the striker issue imo because I think we could profit from 2 up or 1+1 up - I think Grabban would profit from Soudani up there with him. I would like to see a side with both Carvalho and soudini involved so, I think a 3-5-2 would enable us to play our best team.

I would like to see us play 3 at the back - Fox has been magnificent and with Daws + 1 I think we would fix the issues of defending set pieces and Osborn and Cash can excel as wingbacks. It would also solve the striker issue imo because I think we could profit from 2 up or 1+1 up - I think Grabban would profit from Soudani up there with him. I would like to see a side with both Carvalho and soudini involved so, I think a 3-5-2 would enable us to play our best team.
When Robinson went in yesterday thats how we played...3 at the back...from then onwards Ozzy moved further forward nd even Dariwka moved further forward..Cash moved slightly in the middle...Soudani closer to Grabban...Colback nd Watson the usual cover for the defence...did it work? It improved things but not sure if it was due to system change or Wigan getting tired...

When Robinson went in yesterday thats how we played...3 at the back...from then onwards Ozzy moved further forward nd even Dariwka moved further forward..Cash moved slightly in the middle...Soudani closer to Grabban...Colback nd Watson the usual cover for the defence...did it work? It improved things but not sure if it was due to system change or Wigan getting tired...
Yes He has been bordering on playing 3 at the back during games (colback dropping really deep or Robinson coming on and taking up that position) Nd the fullbacks converting to wingbacks I think we have looked better when that is the case.

Team v Birmingham for me:
Pants
Byram Dawson Hefele Robinson
Bridcutt Colback
Cash Soudani Osborn
Grabban

Or can move to 352:
Dawson Hefele Robinson

Byram Cash Bridcutt Colback Osborn

Soudani Grabban

Pants
Byram Dawson Hefele Robinson
Bridcutt Colback
Cash Soudani Osborn
Grabban

Or can move to 352:
Dawson Hefele Robinson

Byram Cash Bridcutt Colback Osborn

Soudani Grabban
So remive Fox...the only consistent defender that we have to play the samd defence that conceeded a goal nd suffered a sending off v Bury...if we bring in so many players at one go...we risk to conceed nd then many in here will sag that we need to gel....this is a home game ...focus has to be on dominating the midfield...limiting their crosses nx create chances ...nd not to change the whole defence....nd what about Pants?...apart from shouting at his team mates he is starting to become a liability...give a game ir two to Steele...he is not Smith...plenty of experience..

We need to address our inability to defend crosses or set pieces. We are also unable to prevent said crosses in the first place. Fox is excellent but Dawson and Hefele provide the presence and height needed. Robinson and Byram to stop the crosses in the first place.

We need to address our inability to defend crosses or set pieces. We are also unable to prevent said crosses in the first place. Fox is excellent but Dawson and Hefele provide the presence and height needed. Robinson and Byram to stop the crosses in the first place.

this may or may not be true but I like the fact that players are getting a chance. while ever they stay on form I think they should start. the only player who probably is playing towards his best is TD who needs to give that spot up because we need more in attack. Fox should keep his place while he performs like he is imo

If you expect an improvement defensively with Bryam you'll be disappointed, it's his increased threat going forward that he can hopefully offer. Defensively he's always been suspect.

Well something needs to be sorted guys. The failure to deal with crosses or set pieces is our Achilles heel.
It is no coincidence that our left side is targeted as Fox and Osborn aren't the tallest.
Nothing against either. Both are excellent players in fine form but we've got to try and sort this out.
So is our ability to start poorly and gift momentum to the opposition.
Frustrates me to distraction!
And I do agree, Pants hasn't been good enough either.
Defensively we are suspect and everyone knows that.
This was the issue last season and we still haven't addressed it.
We will have a superb season and we will be there or thereabouts despite the naysayers but this could be the difference between automatic promotion or the playoffs, or playoffs and 7th.

Dias looked our best player by a mile so far, tho I still find it tricky to pick 5 from 6 of:
cash, soudani, Carvalho, colback, dias, oz.
big ben up front ahead of grabz n murph to offer some presence
Jo back in defence along with either Fox or Daws or Hefe

Pants
Byram Fox Hefele Robinson
Colback
Cash Dias Carvalho
Grabban Soudani

It is shame to play with 2 DM home!