Starting XI for Rotherham | Vital Football

Starting XI for Rotherham

I think Lang and Cole are out of favour, which is a pity as I'd start them, though get a feeling cook won't. Maybe that gelthard lad too.

Personally I wouldn't play anyone that either started Saturday or whom is likely to start this - which would rule out James and kipre. A nothing competition which is just an irritant. Personally I'd like to see it disappear from the schedule given the current congestion of the modern fixture calendar.

Cup tying players we intend to sell may be something to consider so some of our fringe players we are expecting to start may not be used.

I suspect we might see a number of kids involved too. I'm guessing not quite the Boro in the JPT full youth team, but the likes of Merrie, Golden, Geldheart and some of the other young lads could get a start alongside the likes of Roberts, Bruce and Naismith.

I think Lang and Cole are out of favour, which is a pity as I'd start them, though get a feeling cook won't. Maybe that gelthard lad too.

Personally I wouldn't play anyone that either started Saturday or whom is likely to start this - which would rule out James and kipre. A nothing competition which is just an irritant. Personally I'd like to see it disappear from the schedule given the current congestion of the modern fixture calendar.

The 'modern fixture calendar' is no different to the 'old fashioned fixture calendar'.

It has changed. Four defined international break weekends and play off system to now fit in. I'd also argue that the game is now quicker at all levels and the money involved now in the game, with the stakes so high, it means the competition is really nothing but an irritant in the modern game.

First team must be well knackered now after two matches so we'll have to rotate a little but some positions we are limited.
Jones
Connolly Kipre Bruce Robinson
Windass McDonald Evans Walker
Cole Vaughn.

Lang has made the same mistake as Power this time last season. He has suffered the same fate. And as per Power, no one has come for him, so maybe as per Power he will come back once the ajar window is shut properly and he has learned his lesson.
Well done Cookey.

Hopefully Golden starts at right back, looks a right prospect.

Lang may as well just retire now if he doesn't sign a new contract because the club won't play him or bother loaning him out if he's gonna walk next Summer. Such an important year for bis development too, destroying his career. Agents need banning from the game
Listen to advice from family and friends and knowledgeable people within the game instead.

Perhaps it's his family and friends who are advising him, blinded by the prospect of getting a cut of a pot full of cash. Who knows, but ultimately it's a short career so he doesn't want to waste a year of it by becoming involved in a contract dispute.

Something has clearly happened with Lang, but we just don't know enough details about what has happened for me to say that him and his agent were out of line.

I know the lad and his agent are going to act in what they feel are in their best intersts and the club in ours so both sides will probably claim the other is the unreasonable one.

It's a crying shame that one of the most talented and promisng lads our academy has produced appears to be in something of a stand off with the manager / club. I hope that now the window is all but shut that maybe cooler heads will prevail and some agreement can be reached on a new contract and we can be good for each other.

He is a young lad who should be looking to play first team football not try grab every penny he can ,
He will go now were under cook and end up playing non league , such a shame ..

I think Mcdonald will start , maybe he will throw Cole in and say show me what you can do ..
It should be a decent side put out ..

I thought six of Saturday squad had to play or we get fined ? ........

There was certainly something similar in the JPT cup but the fine was quite small and we just took it each game. I'm not sure if there is any set rule on team selection in the Cabaro cup.

No recognised left back. Presume Connolly is at right back. Shaun Mc back and good luck Shaun. Don't know whose in defensive midfielder role with Shaun. Vaughan up front on his Todd. Could be interesting.