Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread | Page 64 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfer Window Official Thread

If we want to close the gap we are going to have to do better than Grealish. Fine as a squad player and one for the future but we will need a proven CM brought in if Dembele goes.

Pavard at RCB, we are already covered for RWB.

I really struggle to see the Pavard stuff watched him the whole tournament and he had two too games the others he made numerous errors and was often exposed. Amazing what a worldie does for your rep. Happily there ain't a hope in he'll we get him unless Hugo has some weird pull on him.

I really struggle to see the Pavard stuff watched him the whole tournament and he had two too games the others he made numerous errors and was often exposed. Amazing what a worldie does for your rep. Happily there ain't a hope in he'll we get him unless Hugo has some weird pull on him.

Agree in principle, was just stating that if he comes, he should be deployed as a CB, he is too slow to play as a RB.

In general though, when played as a CB he looks more promising, but his price tag now would make it a pass for me.

Completely agree...

Besides, I still believe we'll see what Aurier really has to offer this season and his critics will be eating crow...:eek!::grinning:

Completely agree...

Besides, I still believe we'll see what Aurier really has to offer this season and his critics will be eating crow...:eek!::grinning:

Unfortunately he'll have to make leaps and bounds to even get in the same conversation with our new £65m RB Cristian Trippierieri, and the unstoppable wonderkind KWP.

Serge will be an excellent clapper & cheerer on the bench!

:smoke:

If we look at the available squad for the first match, excluding players who made the later stages of the world cup (excluding Lloris) and Son, our lineup for the first match could be something in the lines of:

Lloris,
Aurier, Sanchez, Foyth/CCV, Davies
Wanyama, Winks
Lamela, Moura, GKN
Llorente

Depressing.

Now the team will need to assess which players can be introduced sooner into our lineup, which need to be rested and the impact for the remainder of the season in terms of injury prevention.

If we look at the available squad for the first match, excluding players who made the later stages of the world cup (excluding Lloris) and Son, our lineup for the first match could be something in the lines of:

Lloris,
Wanyama, Winks
Lamela, Moura, GKN
Llorente

Depressing.

Now the team will need to assess which players can be introduced sooner into our lineup, which need to be rested and the impact for the remainder of the season in terms of injury prevention.

I'm still wondering whether we start the season in 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 with wing-backs. The latter might be the more sensible way to start the season with Son away and knowing that teams like Newcastle have that formation. It will be interesting to see how we line up against Barca, Milan etc in pre-season.

I'm still wondering whether we start the season in 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 with wing-backs. The latter might be the more sensible way to start the season with Son away and knowing that teams like Newcastle have that formation. It will be interesting to see how we line up against Barca, Milan etc in pre-season.

There's a strong tactical reason a lot of teams successfully use the 4-3-3, France being the latest example.

4-3-3 would be my preferred choice With Eriksen and Ali dropping to the mid 3 with Wanyama/Dier. Our weakness is the flanks in the front 3, we don't have the real pace to play that formation. Son is our only option and he doesn't possess real blistering pace (and personally I think he has questionable work ethic).

We are one player away (or one Martial away) from playing this formation well, but I don't see Poch changing his tactics. He won't move an inch.

There's a strong tactical reason a lot of teams successfully use the 4-3-3, France being the latest example.

4-3-3 would be my preferred choice With Eriksen and Ali dropping to the mid 3 with Wanyama/Dier. Our weakness is the flanks in the front 3, we don't have the real pace to play that formation. Son is our only option and he doesn't possess real blistering pace (and personally I think he has questionable work ethic).

We are one player away (or one Martial away) from playing this formation well, but I don't see Poch changing his tactics. He won't move an inch.

Did France play 4-3-3 though? Mbappe was wide one side whilst Matuidi played narrow on the left with Griezman floating around. In some ways it was more like the old AC Milan formation with one attacking full back (Hernandez), an out and out winger (Mbappe) in a 4-4-2 plus one of the wider midfielders (Matuidi) tucked in to support the centre mids. For me, Kante and Griezman enable their formation with their football brains. They allow the formation to be fluid.

Must admit, I would love to see Martial, Dele, Eriksen, Kane and Winks having fun together in a Spurs side.

A front 3 of Kane, Lucas and Son has a good mix of pace, dribbling and finishing if Lucas can step up after pre season.

Did France play 4-3-3 though? Mbappe was wide one side whilst Matuidi played narrow on the left with Griezman floating around. In some ways it was more like the old AC Milan formation with one attacking full back (Hernandez), an out and out winger (Mbappe) in a 4-4-2 plus one of the wider midfielders (Matuidi) tucked in to support the centre mids. For me, Kante and Griezman enable their formation with their football brains. They allow the formation to be fluid.

Must admit, I would love to see Martial, Dele, Eriksen, Kane and Winks having fun together in a Spurs side.

Most of the time they seemed to form a 4-3-3, with some adjustments depending on the situation of course.

Kante was incredible, so was Matuidi, very underrated in this competition.

I may be wrong.

A front 3 of Kane, Lucas and Son has a good mix of pace, dribbling and finishing if Lucas can step up after pre season.

Won't comment on Moura' skill set yet as I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but his pace really isn't up there. He is quick, but that's about it.

Blistering pace is what we need, look at pools from three with Mane and Salah, Real with Ronaldo and Bale, France with Mbappe and Griezman, City with Sane and Debruyne, and so on.

Neither Son or Lucas have that imo, but Son is considerably faster than Moura.

iirc Lucas was rated in the top 20 fastest players in Europe's top 5 leagues last season alongside some of the names you mention and faster than others... He's a speed dribbler.

iirc Lucas was rated in the top 20 fastest players in Europe's top 5 leagues last season alongside some of the names you mention and faster than others... He's a speed dribbler.

His zero to 60 is excellent. So are his speed changes.

Looking forward to him lighting up the league this season.

Lloris,
Wanyama, Winks
Lamela, Moura, GKN
Llorente

Depressing.

TBH, I really hope llorente, janssen do not start the season with us. We really need to buy someone.

Less than 4 weeks until the window closes. I hope things start to move now.