Podcast | Vital Football

Podcast

C

craig214

A great season of podcasts, no rants this season that made last seasons decision to appoint an absolute tool as manager worth at times. Being in Melbourne I smirk every time i see him managing his current unfortunate team. I remember reading his introduction to the Melbourne City fans listing his previous jobs, and Latics was never mentioned

Anyway the podcast this week is great for the comments and discussion but also listening to Barry get more and more drunk by the end he was "very happy"

Hasn't Joyce just lead Melbourne to their highest ever league finish of 3rd? So as bad as his time was here it sounds like he's doing pretty well for himself now.

I neither wish him well or hold a grudge against him, he just wasnt remotley the right man for us. I'm just sad we didn't appoint Cook instead of Joyce in the first place.

Hasn't Joyce just lead Melbourne to their highest ever league finish of 3rd? So as bad as his time was here it sounds like he's doing pretty well for himself now.

I neither wish him well or hold a grudge against him, he just wasnt remotley the right man for us. I'm just sad we didn't appoint Cook instead of Joyce in the first place.

I have a friend who follows Melbourne and he puts it down more to the poor quality of the league in general than any great thing done by any one manager. His opinion of the A League puts it somewhere around Northern Prem level (he is an ex-England based Kiwi so may be biased!)

Fair enough, sounds like that's more his level then.

It's so strange that such a seemingly limited manager was so successful and highly regarded at Man Us accademy set up. Even if he was given the top talent to work with it's hard to see how his approach to the game fitted and worked there.