2018 Summer Transfer Mega Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

2018 Summer Transfer Mega Thread

I do remember Everton trying to diddle us as it was clearly where he wanted to go - small cash offer plus a couple of their shit players
Latics didn’t let him go though till they were satisfied with the deal. Baines didn’t have to go to Sunderland just coz Latics would have preferred it

The worst part was despite everyone knowing all summer that he was going, that Hutchings had absolutely no fecker lined up as a replacement

We actually had our replacement lined up it was Paul Robinson from West Brom but he failed his medical after we'd agreed a fee and we seemed to have no plan B after the deal collapsed. We ended up with Olembe on a free...

We actually had our replacement lined up it was Paul Robinson from West Brom but he failed his medical after we'd agreed a fee and we seemed to have no plan B after the deal collapsed. We ended up with Olembe on a free...

There's certainly nothing wrong with your memory King lol just wait a few years you cant remember who we played last week:eek!:

Done deal! Walton is back. I’m delighted we have got him on a permanent deal, he could be the key to survival/promotion this year!

It's a loan not a permanent deal?

Just a loan. But to be honest buying Walton now would be a huge gamble even if it was an option Brighton would consider and IEC would find the cash for.

For his potential Brighton would almost certainly want a very large fee that would really stretch us. But at the same time he's unproven at Championship level and you could even argue that despite his excellent season we don't truly know how good Walton is due to the fact he was protected so well last season. This season he'll be put under a lot more pressure and hopefully he'll rise to the ocasssion but there is also a possibility that he could find life much harder.

Personally i rate Walton highly and think it's a great signing - but I think the loan suits all parties for the time being while every works out exactly how good he is and how much he is worth to everyone.

Spot on DeZeeuw - as much as I rate Walton, to spend what would be a significant amount of money on a player who has no experience of this level would be a big risk for Latics & this option suits us more.

You could also argue that its a risk that he could impress that much that Brighton recall him in January & flog him to someone else but better that than the club spend money it doesn't have on a player that might turn out not to be up to it

Brighton won’t sell Walton. After he proves once again this season that he’s a class act, they’re going to sell Matt Ryan for big money next summer and promote Walton to number one. Only chance we’d ever have a prayer of buying him is in the unlikely event of Brighton getting relegated and us getting promoted. And even then we’d almost certainly have to break our transfer record to get him. He’d be worth it though. Feel so much more confident about next season knowing we won’t have the keeper shambles that we did last time round.

Are we interested in signing Walton permanently?
We have a couple of highly rated young keepers ourselves.
I think we'll use the loan market the 19/20 season as well for a goalie. Then perhaps bring one of our young lads more into the 1st team.
It's a position I feel we don't need to spend a lot of money on. As in a couple of years we'll be well covered.

Could be Omar Beckles from Shrewsbury.
They've just signed a left back from Coventry. Could be Omar's replacement.

Christ I hope not, he was appalling in the play off final. Following on from signing that lad from Pompey this would be scrapping the barrel.

I dont think it is Beckles because Nixon has discussed our interest in him before and this time he is refusing to name the players because according to him he can't give away his source. He is also now saying that it might be something to do with the takeover even tho initially he was asked "any more incomings for Wigan?" and he said "sunday"

Walton loan for 2 seasons is the best of both parties like many have said already, we pay hardly nothing for helping develop a top keeper and get great performances out of it, Walton gets experience, we get that service and Brighton get a good keeper at the end of it.

I imagine there will be a line or two about the takeover status as well as the targets name in the paper.

I'm not sure Beckles was Nixons link, i thought it was Pete O'Rourke who to be fair has a decent record with Latics links. But the last i read was the local Shrewsbury press saying we had lost interest and no bid had been made. Maybe we watched the play off final and it made us think again!

My guess is it would be a fresh name we've not heard before. But with most players contracts expiring on the last day on June, all the out of contract players will need to decide where they want to go this week if they want to avoid having any weeks without a salary coming in. We've heard the likes of Robertson and Mellor from Blackpool linked on free's with us and a few other clubs so i'd expect them to potentially be making a decision this week of who to join. Maybe it could be something about them.

Oh God not that again. Just ignore it bensourhero. It's just some sick minded individual who throws the name Harvey Price into the transfer target conversation every now and then. It's Katie Prices handicapped son.