Notts Cricket Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Notts Cricket Thread

It's all relative Lk, when we first arrived here my wife had snakes on her mind and in her head but it was a while before we actually saw one. We live out in the sticks on a biggish bit of land and snakes in the early days were common, not so much now. And if I see one these days I just don't tell my wife. Next doors terrier has been bitten 3 times and at A$1100 a time is the most expensive pooch around here.

And we're still learning how to play cricket !

:shake:

Jake Ball has signed a new contract with Notts till 2021. Kent, having thrashed us, have made the 50 over final. Heino Kuhn, having made a century against us, got his 4th century in 5 innings in the RL Cup.

Off to Wales (Llandudno) for a week on Friday, so no more live cricket for me till the T20 games in July.

Just got back.
It takes 2 teams to make a game...

Presumably you got your moneys worth for the first half of the game! Good to see Hales having a decent game, as he appeared to be only a couple of games away from being dropped by England. Must admit the 50 over games I have enjoyed most this season have actually been the low scoring ones. Sometimes it just looks too easy to whack it to the boundary. Unlike some people I am looking forwards to the T20 games!

Not in this series ORF - you’re right.
Noted your comments on other thread - I hadn’t heard of several of your players either especially your ( so called ) bowling attack. I don’t expect to see many ( if any ) of them over here again.
Add your first choice bowling trio, consider Nathan Lyons for white ball cricket & add the two batting cheats when they’re back from suspension and you’ll be a totally different proposition.

PS I did really enjoy yesterday despite the one sided nature of the game - any time we beat the convicts is reason enough to sink a few tinnies.

Anyone know where Mullaney is today? Is he injured, or has he been nabbed by the Lions or some other team. No Ball again today either.

Agree your comments TPL. Even though our bowling attack was poor the England batting was a pleasure to watch. Through gritted teeth !

ORF we know where Warner and Smith are, but what has happened to your bowlers? Is James Pattinson playing again yet? Would love him to come back here. Best all rounder I've seen here since the days of Rice, Hadlee and Sobers before that!

All fast bowlers suffering injuries LK, including Pattinson, and never mind Notts, he's badly needed over here. You're 100% correct about his ability though, wish we had a few more like him.

Tremendous ( & unexpected ) win for Notts in Chelmsford today.
Without Broad, Ball & Mullaney - and with Moores hitting 87 on one leg in the second innings.
I feared the worst on Wednesday morning but a makeshift team - with several kids inc Moores, Root, Carter & Milner - totally outplayed Essex!
Could prove to be a crucial 24 points come the end of the season.

Yes, a great win . Cooke and Broad on the same contracts for England. Cooke plays but Broad can’t! Presumably Essex had a Lions call up, as we lost Mullaney. Presumably 3 catches for our sub wicketkeeper too.

A lot of presumablys, but on hols and can’t see how to edit it . Tom Keast is the wicket keeper, who I must admit I have never heard of . Three catches, but I guess it doesn’t count as a debut.

In Wales this week. I usually like to go to at least one day of the four day games, but can't get to the Worcs game. Looks like there could be a good last day, but I do think this day/night setup is ridiculous. In a county championship game, do people really want to be there till 9 at night, especially when there's a world cup to watch!

Been down for the first 3 days but might wait for a couple of hours today to see what happens - can’t see anything but the game fizzling out into a draw given the surface & the totally unresponsive pink ball.
Plus: a certain footie game to watch which coincides with the final period of play.
Not sure what the ECB are trying to achieve ( no surprise there ) with these 4 day / nighters - it certainly hasn’t done anything for attracting bigger crowds despite the weather.
And my body clock has been all over the shop!
When do I eat the lunch that my wife has so lovingly prepared?
Similarly when is tea?
Do I go straight to the bar before play starts ( @ 2 o’clock )?

Well I thought yesterday that Nash focussed for too long in allowing Libby to reach his ton instead of winning the game. Today’s outcome sadly reinforces that...

TPL, I think with regard to the day/night games the weather plays a big part plus the fact that it's possible for a bloke to go straight from work to the ground, enjoy the game while he has a bit of grub and a drink. Perhaps more suited to Oz than England.