Transfer window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Transfer window

That Ozyakup rumour is still going strong with us supposedly edging closer to a deal according to the Turkish press.

£12m and would fit the number 10 role.

"edging closer" in the hope that another club nips in and steals him away? Like Modric and Dele Ali, and countless others I suspect.

Aside from the usual 'monitoring' line, the usual suspects are being banded around again with Townsend being linked again.

Maybe this means that we're now onto plan C or D before the 'break glass in emergency' link comes out with Andy Carroll.

Talk today of what the supposed budget is. £50m plus player sales.

With Ashley supposedly hoying all the eggs in the basket in relation to transfer spend including wages and agents fees etc, basically this means it's 1 or 2 decent players at best.

Selling Mbemba, Mitrovic and Gayle may see an additional transfer sought.

Exactly Vin he didnt set the place on fire last time and sharp fucked off when we went down plus we have a couple of wingers already. We need a centre forward!

I think Rafa got the best out of Townsend but i would sooner have Kenedy back for the prices being bandied about. The most pressing position to fill is centre forward without a doubt, that should be addressed first but a good proven one costs the earth these days, i fear we will be rummaging around the transfer market equivilent of the Sunday morning car boot sale for a new one.

So almost July and not as much as a sniff of interest let alone a bid. Season tickets prices hiked. I tell you what, if it stays like this and those fucking mugs all go and buy season tickets then they deserve everything they get next season.

So almost July and not as much as a sniff of interest let alone a bid. Season tickets prices hiked. I tell you what, if it stays like this and those fucking mugs all go and buy season tickets then they deserve everything they get next season.
Rafa is still here,he must know something because he would be gone otherwise.

Rafa is still here,he must know something because he would be gone otherwise.
How could you know that? Why would he leave his richly rewarded and no pressure job? In fact the only thing which would put his position under pressure is if they give him big money to spend and he buys poor players. Aside from that he is bulletproof. He is a politician remember.

Reactions: Rza
Do they actually bid for anyone?
Local rag keeps reporting that even average players are beyond our transfer ability.
Lots of young players released and yet to be replaced. Kenedy gone and the Leicester loan forward and nobody incoming. Nobody sold yet.
All smacks of delaying tactics so I hope Rafa knows something because he has threatened enough times that if he is not backed he will be off,
Will we be scrambling around late in the transfer window for bargains that nobody else wants. Augurs well for the future doesn't it!!

There's never much activity during an international tournament. Not that there'll be much of note here anyway.

There's never much activity during an international tournament. Not that there'll be much of note here anyway.

Quite correct, no point buying someone now for them to get crocked, the alternative, is one on the list has a standout WC, and his price rises accordingly???

I won't hide my lack of respect for Benitez's style of football.

It is effective though and doesn't require massive investment in players to work.

I reckon the bulk of his relatively small transfer kitty will be spent on a mobile and speedy striker.

I don't get those expressing angst about lack of signings so far,it's no big deal,Rafa's tactics will prevail,just don't expect scintillating or expressive football,well not until Ashley has premiership survival assured.