World Cup 2018 | Page 33 | Vital Football

World Cup 2018

Ahhh the poor babies.

Brazil have asked FIFA to explain why VAR was not used for key decisions during Sunday's 1-1 draw with Switzerland in their World Cup opener.
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-var-after-world-cup-draw-against-switzerland

We should be asking the same question. Fucking pointless otherwise. They have an opportunity to rid the game of holding and diving in the penalty box and appear to be too scared to use the technology appropriately. Shambles as usual.

Never adjusted to the pace from my memory, maybe with a bit longer we'd have seen better, maybe he just wasn't suited. Better players than him have had a mare in the Prem so I can't be too harsh.

I should have said "on occasion" he was one the worst players I've ever seen. I remember a game at the Emirates where under no pressure he passed directly to Arsenal players about 5 yards in front of him 5 or 6 times. It was as if he had never played football before. Shocking.

Overall I'm sure he's decent, but as you say, the pace may have been a problem for him.

Probably didn't help coming in with the stupid nickname, back of decent internationals and our position under Lambert. I remember De La Cruz being over before he even got started for some given the Ecuadorian Beckham tag!

Hindsight can be a wonderful thing though - on the other hand the Djemba's.

Anything but for us sadly. Could be worse, we could've signed Krychowiak if I've got the right player from this game!

Krychowiak is shockingly bad.

How are Poland ranked 8th in the world? Just goes to show what a pile of shite the FIFA rankings really are.

Like most rankings in sport, I've never quite understood them. Win 4 games you don't move, fluke a win against a certain side and you rise 10 places and all that nonsense. Or I've just proven I really don't understand the tanking system lol